Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:47:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Super Mario Maker 2

Started by BritishHobo, June 27, 2019, 08:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

Quote from: kittens on July 31, 2019, 12:56:52 PM
bloody hell, you're right. o.k. sorted it all out and reuploaded it:

MARIO'S TV TROUBLE: THE DEFINITIVE EDITION

8FN - JRT - PWG

will obviously be needing someone to comment 'this is awesome' on it. if we can get that done before close of play today that would be great.

Twed

You're lamenting the loss of that comment but not my hilarious "Rod Hull Gang" comment positioned on the pavement of the house?

kittens

i have no idea how to view the position of comments on my own levels, and also no real idea of who rod hull is, so that comment was unfortunately destined to go unmentioned by me.

Kelvin

Quote from: Twed on July 31, 2019, 01:53:10 PM
You're lamenting the loss of that comment but not my hilarious "Rod Hull Gang" comment positioned on the pavement of the house?

Play my levels instead, Twed. I know who Rod Hull is and really appreciate that kind of humour.

Make sure to Like as well.

Twed

madhair60

Consignia

Beagle 2

To fully enjoy Rod Hull based levels you need to use an emu-lator.

kittens

i mean i know of the words 'rod hull and emu' and it's like a bloke with a puppet but the words 'rod hull' just conjure up that fucked up dead bloke with all the hair. ken dodd? on googling, yes, ken dodd.

Twed

He got dead by falling off his roof when he was trying to adjust his aerial, is the main thing.

kittens

oh! that's a good gag then. huge apologies that you had to explain.

Twed

Enjoyed the levels very much Kelvin.

I am World Recording all over the place tonight, including a "hot" level.

madhair60

Got bored of this within about four days.

Jerzy Bondov

I've played quite a few of the levels in this thread now and they're all too hard and boil my piss. Good day.

Beagle 2

I've only really played the single player stuff and I've got as far as "no jumping" and I can't be arsed any more. Never going to make a level. £50.

The single player stuff is bog brained bollocks. Play the fuckin levels mate.

Kelvin

You're all being very silly. Single player is brill, best 2d Mario since World. Player created content is filtered well, easy to dip into for ten minutes whenever you want a quick break from something bigger.

Stop getting Mario wrong.

Kelvin

I've made two Zelda themed levels.

A bigger one with puzzles, an overworld village and a dungeon:

7S2-VSH-57G

And a shorter auto-scrolling one that takes you into a cave, and is only very loosely based on zelda tbh:

C2G-2NJ-53G

Edit: had to reupload the first one, so I've edited in the new code above

Twed

Quote from: Twed on July 26, 2019, 05:08:05 PM
This is very typical of me, but I have been thinking about how to generate as much entropy as possible in the game, so that I can create a level that to complete it you have to fulfill a set of conditions that come from a set of a billion possible actions, so that I could satisfy the clear condition to upload the course but absolutely nobody would be able to finish it.

It is entry #24097 in my List Of Things To Do though.
Somebody fucking did it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83sATZp0gaA

(in a much more direct way than my entropy idea)

Consignia

Not a particularly great one, but I've seen so many Mario 1 and Mario 3 I tried to recreate a SMW level:

WNT-794-P5G

Seriously truncated in many ways, and loads of compromises. Still pretty fun to give it a go. I know Mario Maker is not a tool just to recreate the old ones, but it is hard to emulate even the simplest of SMW levels.

Twed

I love Mario Maker but my nature is to get really disappointed by limitations of the editor and inconsistencies from the real game. Drives me crazy that you can't spin jump on top of a Thwomp.

DocDaneeka

Still loving it. Although looking at the unlocks you need to get the outfits for your character I don't think I'm gonna get them all. I've got 6 as my record for expert mode and I might be able to get to 10 but 100 will be impossible and in super expert I ain't got a chance.

Anyway did another one: And on that bob-ombshell... NXW-714-WRG

Consignia

Massive update coming this week: https://youtu.be/sy7PmGCvuQI

Pokeys, spike, p blocks, dash pads! But most importantly, you can pick up a master sword and transform into Zelda himself, for some Zelda 2 like gameplay.

I really wish they'd bring back all the goofy mystery block stuff. Most fun and interesting thing about SMM1. This seems so conservative in comparison.

Kelvin

Quote from: The Boston Crab on December 02, 2019, 03:24:19 PM
I really wish they'd bring back all the goofy mystery block stuff. Most fun and interesting thing about SMM1. This seems so conservative in comparison.

I'd also like the character skins from the original, but in fairness, this Link in miles more versatile than a reskin. He can use shield, sword, bombs, arrows, do a speed dash. I imagine it will really mix up how the game plays.

Months too late, though.

Consignia

Quote from: Kelvin on December 02, 2019, 05:56:34 PM
Months too late, though.

Tru dat. I'll still have fun with it, though.

I'm actually really surprised how under supported this game is. It seems fuck all different to when it launched and they've affected no new styles despite the UI appearing to offer room for additions. Great tool as it is but very repetitive and unsurprising after a while. I don't think I expected too much, the original game was more interesting.

Consignia

Anyone given the update a go? The Zelda levels are great, it's fantastically fun addition, which completely changes the gameplay. Almost like an extra game style, and harks back to some of the themed levels from Mario Maker 1. It's such a shame it came out so late in the day, and to relatively little fanfare.

magval

I've gone back to this after I forgot to hook up my Switch when I decorated the room it's in last, erm, summer.

I'm worried I may have made a mistake - I completed a few levels when I didn't have an active part of the castle to build, and when I did activate a new build area, the little hammers (should have been three or four) didn't populate on the progress screen for whatever it was (turret 2F or something similar).

Do I need to complete these levels again? Some of them were a right ballix.

colacentral

The new update adds a world maker. I've been asking for this since the first mario maker came out, surprised it wasn't always there. It gives purpose to coins and lives and allows the creator to put a bit more of a narrative across the levels rather than depending on one-off gimmicks.