Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:24:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Super Mario Maker 2

Started by BritishHobo, June 27, 2019, 08:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mango Chimes

The updates to this have been so massive, yet so far between. And still no additional mode that justifies 3D World being incompatible with the other four? I was expecting SMB2 to fill that slot, but they're doing it via mushrooms instead.

As Kelvin said in the other thread, it does add to the theory that they rushed version 1. In fact, every release since has felt oddly scaled. I'd love to know the behind the scenes of how they develop it. Are there separate teams just working on stuff, and whatever's ready gets rolled into a release? How did Link get in there before world maps?

kittens

whoa, that is revolutionary. wish i still gave a shit about this game cos worlds would be so wicked

Dewt

Quote from: kittens on April 21, 2020, 11:23:02 AMwish i still gave a shit about this game cos worlds would be so wicked
Haha, accurate feelings for me too

kittens

here's a video about the full update, originally posted in the general switch thread. should have all been in since the start. i'll see if i can muster up the enthusiasm to reinstall. it looks great, just wish it had come out a year ago.

magval

Do the updates ever contain new single-player levels?

Mango Chimes

You mean in Story mode? No, they haven't to date.

madhair60

World maps will have me back on this for sure. Excellent.

Consignia

I never really abandoned the game, but hopefully this update will bring level creators back. Finding good levels is really hard. The wank that is top of the recommended list is mostly dire.

The Zelda update was amazing, but that sadly didn't do much to revitalise the community.

Quote from: magval on April 21, 2020, 02:06:46 PM
Do the updates ever contain new single-player levels?

Yeah, the Ninji speed-runs have been added. They are only one every month or so, but it's something I guess.

magval

Class, where do I find them, the game's pause menu baffles me as someone without the subscription to avail of the online aspect of the game.

Mango Chimes

They're part of Course World, probably not available offline. They're uninteresting levels built for time trial competition against other players.

Mango Chimes

Last year, it seemed like they'd really improved things from SMM1, possibly thanks to the ability to downvote courses. But in recent months, and having just looked again since the update, it's gone wrong again. The top courses are filled with "refreshing" shite: non-courses in 3D World with lots of POW blocks and speed platforms and no gameplay.

I tried one of the world maps and that was a map filled with refreshing courses. Back to Animal Crossing.

Spiral King

The Mario Maker reddit is a good place to find good courses/Super Worlds. I spent an entire night playing through a 30 course Super World the other day, and all the levels were really well made.