Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:32:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Super Mario Maker 2

Started by BritishHobo, June 27, 2019, 08:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

I had the same theory as you about they were made. I think that's how the lovely 3D World was made, too (at least with everybody in the company contributing ideas, if not full level designs).

kittens

just completed story mode. time to make a level. i'm at work alone for the remainder of the week so i'll be dedicating all of my time to mario maker.

kittens

Mario's Shell Suit: 6P4 - V19 - TWF

my new lev. think it's o.k.

Quote from: kittens on July 10, 2019, 03:53:41 PM
Mario's Shell Suit: 6P4 - V19 - TWF

my new lev. think it's o.k.

I think I accidentally found a shortcut...

kittens

kittens

it's the bit with the saws innit. didn't think of that

Quote from: kittens on July 11, 2019, 12:20:13 AM
it's the bit with the saws innit. didn't think of that

Yep, I fell through, didn't die and ended up with the course record despite faffing about trying to kill the fella with the key.

kittens

updated course to hopefully make that shortcut less likely and sightly move the checkpoint to a more logical position: H94 - LWC - D7G

pls play to get it off 0 plays

OK, I laughed at your Switch username.

And your facial expression and clothes.

That is really really funny.

Ok gang, I've got a new one I've been working on 24 hours a day for a week.

KBS-GL3-B0G

kittens

completed it but as i am using the internet from the tesco across the road from work there was a connection error. but i did do it

Kittens, that was actually a really fun level, never seen that idea before and the course name also made me laugh. Very you.

kittens

what a nice thing to say, thank you.

Twed

kittens: Great course, I felt compelled to get the world record.
Emotional Support Peacock: Also great, I'm having trouble getting Monty to the right side of the see-saw (which for some reason was so easy before) but looking forward to solving that problem when I have time.

Love Mario Maker.

Quote from: Twed on July 12, 2019, 07:57:21 PM

Emotional Support Peacock: Also great, I'm having trouble getting Monty to the right side of the see-saw (which for some reason was so easy before) but looking forward to solving that problem when I have time.

I'm surprised you're having that problem. I thought I had playtested that bug out of the design.

Speaking of bugs, it's saying no one has played my level :-(

Twed

I saw that there were 2 successes and about 60 failures when I checked it.

robotam

It said I had the world record (as the second person to complete the thing). They better not take that away from me.

I think all the levels posted here have had some really cool ideas. I still need to play through the story mode and then I'll think about creating. However I think I am ready to admit that I'll probably never be able to do this level.
Quote from: madhair60 on July 05, 2019, 03:05:10 AM
Bowser's Astle

XD0-5WP-68G
I can get to the point where you have to jump through a series of walls each missing a piece while flames shoot at you. Did I at least nearly make it?

kittens

new one from tonight

Captain Goomba's Lost Treasure: TQ0 - B58 - Y1G

annoyingly i was unable to put a checkpoint flag where i wanted to. but fuck it, took all evening

madhair60

Quote from: robotam on July 12, 2019, 11:01:21 PM
I can get to the point where you have to jump through a series of walls each missing a piece while flames shoot at you. Did I at least nearly make it?

Yes. :)

Quote from: kittens on July 12, 2019, 11:50:09 PM
new one from tonight

annoyingly i was unable to put a checkpoint flag where i wanted to. but fuck it, took all evening

Although I often find levels with a lot of swimming a bit tedious, the visual style on this is great and some clever bits - particularly like the use of switches to direct you back to the beginning.

kittens

i also hate water levels but you simply have to make them, unfortunately. it's in the terms and conditions.

EDIT: also thank you

Consignia

Quote from: Emotional Support Peacock on July 12, 2019, 04:13:55 PM
Ok gang, I've got a new one I've been working on 24 hours a day for a week.

KBS-GL3-B0G

Finally cleared the bastard. I had a clear idea what to but found some of the execution tricky. Satisfying once done, though.

Quote from: kittens on July 12, 2019, 11:50:09 PM
new one from tonight

This was great, really good visual design and great fun to play.

Quote from: Twed on July 12, 2019, 07:57:21 PM
kittens: Great course, I felt compelled to get the world record

Kittens, I felt compelled to knock eighteen seconds off this guy's World Record. If anyone beats that, I'll PayPal you £0.05.

robotam

Twed

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 13, 2019, 11:59:01 AM
Kittens, I felt compelled to knock eighteen seconds off this guy's World Record. If anyone beats that, I'll PayPal you £0.05.
I'll knock eighteen seconds off your block.

Twed

Quote from: Emotional Support Peacock on July 12, 2019, 09:27:26 PM
I'm surprised you're having that problem. I thought I had playtested that bug out of the design.
Turns out I thought it was supposed to be on the OTHER side. Figured it out, great level.

Twed

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 13, 2019, 11:59:01 AM
Should I PM my details to you?

Bravo.

Kittens, if you send me your info, I'll send you the 5p, as promised above.