Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:55:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is this Howard Stern?

Started by sponk, June 29, 2019, 01:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sponk

I've listened to this boring Interview with Paedo Sotos several times over the last couple of years and I've never been convinced that the voice of the interview is Howard Stern. Do you think it is?

It sounds like Robin for sure, but it just doesn't sound like HS from any era I've ever heard. Is the whole thing a big prank just to trick me? Well it didn't work.

up_the_hampipe

Yeah it's him, it's just pitched up.

sponk

Odd how Robin sounds normal then. Are you in on the prank?

You can probably find a torrent of this exact show if you really care. Why would anyone make a prank version of the most boring interview I've ever heard?

sponk

Because nobody would suspect that

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: sponk on June 29, 2019, 02:16:19 PM
Odd how Robin sounds normal then. Are you in on the prank?

It's not really pitched up that much, she sounds a bit different too. Sounds slightly slowed down as well. It's just awful quality really. Anyway, not sure why you think it would be a hoax, seems pointless.

sponk

Yeah it would be a pointless hoax. I was 99.9% sure it wasn't a hoax, but I was also 99.9% sure it didn't sound like Stern

JesusAndYourBush

Definitely Howard Stern, but at a really low quality / low sample rate.  Assuming it's not deliberate, it takes a lot of incompetence to make audio sound that bad.

St_Eddie

I only needed to listen to all of 4 seconds of that video to say "yep, that's Howard Stern".

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 29, 2019, 05:06:30 PM
I only needed to listen to all of 4 seconds of that video to say "yep, that's Howard Stern".

Me too.

Autopsy Turvey

Puce Moment

I met Peter Sotos and he didn't strike me as the subject of comedy chat at any point.

BlodwynPig

No, always seems quite relaxed to me

Twed