Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:06:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

JODIE COMER THREAD!

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, June 29, 2019, 07:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

object-lesson

It's possible to express attraction for women in ways that aren't obnoxious, but some of the posts on this thread are demeaning and degrading and the whole atmosphere is bad.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: object-lesson on July 25, 2019, 01:21:01 AM
It's possible to express attraction for women in ways that aren't obnoxious, but some of the posts on this thread are demeaning and degrading and the whole atmosphere is bad.

I agree with the above, although I will have to admit that some of my own comments on 'ere sail pretty close to the wind. I'm sorry that you are not impressed by the overall atmosphere  of this thread  , Lessy.If we *are* to have a corner of this thread that is forever Comer ( and I am willing to concede that some people may say that this is not the case ), then the tone to go for would be the one set by the lad himself, Barry Admin , with his own posts on this very thread. Appreciative, but not too obsequious, that sort of thing. I also hope that Mr. Lesson did not take too much umbrage at the preceding images posted by Mr. Bauer and Mr. Prophecy, as I believe that they were put up more to rile me than to aim offense directly at Ms. Comer ( and I actually had a bit of a chuckle at them ).
Anyways, let's meet the words of OL if we are to continue with this thread.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

You definitely would though, wouldn't you. It goes without saying that I would as well.

jobotic

So this band The Unloved that do them music - the Broadcast as done by David Holmes stuff. Who are they? I love the bassy incidental bit.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on July 25, 2019, 09:18:20 AM
You definitely would though, wouldn't you. It goes without saying that I would as well.

Oh, in a heartbe...Look, can we just try to raise the tone of this thread, please?

(I also meant "heed the words" not "meet the words" in my post before this 'un, too. Pesky tablet.)

Quote from: jobotic on July 25, 2019, 09:21:01 AM
So this band The Unloved that do them music - the Broadcast as done by David Holmes stuff. Who are they? I love the bassy incidental bit.

The music is very good but by midway through the 2nd series theyve just rinsed the same little excerpts until it started to get grating

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The last episode of the second series of " Killing Eve" was broadcast in real telly terms last night.
So, I am dutifully writing to mark this as the passing  last time for a while in real telly terms that we humble CABbers can bask in the bountiful beauty and marvel at the top talent of Her Who Plays Villanelle and her impressive range of accents as featured in that very episode of the top telly series which takes its place alongside " Luther" in a sub-genre of BBC Drama series which we can bename " Hokum" ( Neither of those series can really be called " Drama" as such, can they? They're way too lacking in gravitas or credibility to be justifiably named as such. A children's version of this genre deliberately played for laughs that could safely be put in this category would be the top Seventies series " Rentaghost" ).
Please don't worry about me and potential Her Who Plays Villanenelle withdrawal, everyone. I have my old-skool dvds of the first series of "Killing Eve", " The White Princess " and " England Is Mine "  to see me through. I draw the line at Doctor Fucking Foster, mind you.Also, we have that fillum which she's making with Ryan Reynolds, in which she plays a character called " Molotov Girl", so she's probably going to be showing off that Russian accent of hers, and of which I  have no doubt whatsoever will be the biggest load of bollocks this side of that schlocky comedy what Scarlett Johanssen made a couple of years ago. But I'm going to be paying good money to see it, aren't I ? I hope you all are, too. Just imagine those gorgeous, goofy expressions and pulchritudinous pouts being pulled on the BIG SCREEN, goshdarnit! Aren't you all excited? I know I am.
So,am putting up this post to ensure the Comerthread maintains its presence in this forum. Thanks for taking the time to read this, fellow Comerfans and Comersceptics alike.

Jodie Comer

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on July 28, 2019, 08:38:37 PM
Also, we have that fillum which she's making with Ryan Reynolds, in which she plays a character called " Molotov Girl", so she's probably going to be showing off that Russian accent of hers, and of which I  have no doubt whatsoever will be the biggest load of bollocks this side of that schlocky comedy what Scarlett Johanssen made a couple of years ago.

SUCK MY CLIT

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Jodie Comer on July 28, 2019, 08:46:47 PM
SUCK MY CLIT

I laughed.
( You know, I had my doubts about yer woman here being the real Her Who Plays Villanelle, but this confirms it. It's definitely her, isn't it? This reply simply oozes that marvelous Merseyside wit. )

seepage

how come this thread isn't pinned to the top?

Pancake

Bet she goes like the absolute clappers

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Pancake on August 06, 2019, 05:10:23 PM
Bet she goes like the absolute clappers

I don't necessarily endorse this comment, but It's nice to see this vital thread being brought back to the front page.

touchingcloth

Every time I see this thread I think I should research who Jodie Comer is, but I think on balance I've still got a lot of private enjoyment to have every time her name pops up out of context and I just think "who?" I know that yer man there fancies her, and literally nothing else.

Pancake

Think I might start stanning her after I've finished stanning Carly

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Pancake on August 07, 2019, 10:43:49 AM
Think I might start stanning her after I've finished stanning Carly

Had difficulty working out what " stanning" was when I read this post, thinking it at first  to be a portmanteu bit of lexis, being a combination of "stalk" and "fan", then came to the conclusion that it was a reference to the song "Stan" by Eminem. Am I right?
Anyways, not sure about "stanning", but the word stunning is certainly an adjective I would have no hesitation in applying to Her Who Plays Villanelle!!

('cos she's all attractive, and that.)

object-lesson

Please stop this thread now. It's gone completely beyond the pale.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: object-lesson on August 07, 2019, 07:32:03 PM
Please stop this thread now. It's gone completely beyond the pale.

Oh, lighten up, you big daftie.

Pancake

Nearly forgot to bump this today

Mr_Simnock

Jodie Comer looks like a crumpled slimy slugs anus, fuck the fuck lord knows what the feck anyone sees in her.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Well, that's an interesting alternative point of view, I must admit. Of course, all opinions are welcome on this thread. I like to think of it as quite a broad church.

object-lesson

Quote from: object-lesson on July 25, 2019, 01:21:01 AM
some of the posts on this thread are demeaning and degrading and the whole atmosphere is bad.

chveik

i hope this thread lasts forever.

Birdie

Just typed 'who is Jodie Comer' into Google.

Half expected this to come up in the results.

Not much the wiser.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: object-lesson on August 09, 2019, 01:42:30 AM

I respect Mr. Lesson for sticking to his guns, and have to say that Mr_ Simnock' s comment only gives fuel to his fire.
Eeeeh, It's a minefield is this thread.
And welcome back, Birdie!

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Birdie on August 09, 2019, 02:37:11 AM
Just typed 'who is Jodie Comer' into Google.

Half expected this to come up in the results.

Not much the wiser.

Nice to see a classic birdie avatar

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Should I just carry on writing ideas for a remake of  "The Goodies" starring Stewart Lee , Chris Morris and Her Who Plays Villanelle in this thread, then ? I know this thread has quite a cult following, and it would be a shame to see it slide out of view.

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 15, 2019, 07:10:23 PM
Should I just carry on writing ideas for a remake of  "The Goodies" starring Stewart Lee , Chris Morris and Her Who Plays Villanelle in this thread, then ? I know this thread has quite a cult following, and it would be a shame to see it slide out of view.

Who's playing who?

mr. logic

I have previously called this thread creepy but a binge watch of Killing Eve this week led me to YouTube and an interview with Jodie Comer breaking unselfconsciously into cheesy pop songs.

And yeah.