Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:04:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

JODIE COMER THREAD!

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, June 29, 2019, 07:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Better Midlands on August 16, 2019, 03:44:28 PM
Who's playing who?

Lee- Oddie ( currently has beard, can do an ironically bad Lancastrian accent )
Morris- Garden ( Natural - born glasses wearer, detached air, pair of stick on sideburns on him, away you go )
Villanelle (Her Who Plays)- Brooke- Taylor ( will wear smashing, stylish Union Jack blouse, and happily do Posho Southern English accent, she likes doing that accent, you can tell )

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: mr. logic on August 16, 2019, 04:37:01 PM
I have previously called this thread creepy but a binge watch of Killing Eve this week led me to YouTube and an interview with Jodie Comer breaking unselfconsciously into cheesy pop songs.

And yeah.

Gif /  A tearful Danny De Vito saying " I get it " in the last minute of the last episode of the most recent series of " It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia " / Gif

mr. logic

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 16, 2019, 09:02:38 PM
Lee- Oddie ( currently has beard, can do an ironically bad Lancastrian accent )
Morris- Garden ( Natural - born glasses wearer, detached air, pair of stick on sideburns on him, away you go )
Villanelle (Her Who Plays)- Brooke- Taylor ( will wear smashing, stylish Union Jack blouse, and happily do Posho Southern English accent, she likes doing that accent, you can tell )

Re. The posh English accent. I thought it was a lovely character detail that the old, eccentric English lady gave her and her partner warmed up fruit cake, and an even better character detail that Villanelle was well researched enough to know that this was an unusual choice and to politely comment on it. It's a cracking little show.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: mr. logic on August 16, 2019, 11:41:26 PM
Re. The posh English accent. I thought it was a lovely character detail that the old, eccentric English lady gave her and her partner warmed up fruit cake, and an even better character detail that Villanelle was well researched enough to know that this was an unusual choice and to politely comment on it. It's a cracking little show.

One of my favourite scenes, too. Am also a big fan of that scene where yer woman's riding on her motorbike to give the bad Mafia boss feller a right good killing, and she's wearing those denim shorts and that smashing blouse, having done her research beforehand, and concluded that this would be the best motorised bicycle riding clobber, ensuring maximum comfort in hot Italian weather.

Also, am appreciative of those scenes in which Eve falls through the bar and she makes a face.

Also, all those scenes where she looks massively fit in general.

Flouncer

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 15, 2019, 07:10:23 PMI know this thread has quite a cult following, and it would be a shame to see it slide out of view.

Mate, that's a cunt following. There's one cunt following it, while everybody else waits for it to slip into the welcoming jaws of page two, never to be seen again.

steve98

It's still a cult though, even with just one follower(Cunt)

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Would anyone else like to call me a cunt on this thread ?

Dex Sawash

Wait, I thought I was the one follower

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Dex Sawash on August 17, 2019, 12:28:40 PM
Wait, I thought I was the one follower

You're one of the small band of followers, yes, and the amusing gif you put up on 'ere does you great credit.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 17, 2019, 12:24:06 PM
Would anyone else like to call me a cunt on this thread ?

You cad. You absolute rotter.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on August 17, 2019, 01:24:47 PM
You cad. You absolute rotter.

NOT EVEN MY FRIENDS TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! YOU DON'T KNOW ME! YOU'RE #CANCELLED!

unless you put up another gif of her who plays Villanelle looking all attractive, and that.

chveik

liked the pig mask bit

bit bored by the rest. still four episodes to watch, but I doubt it'll improve.

she is lovely though, I'll grant you that Lisa.

bgmnts

I thought the Comer thing would cease once Ljmc lost his virginity the other day.

touchingcloth

One thing I'm not sure on, is it pronounced coma or cummer?

chveik

eve's complete lack of self-awareness is really irritating. and why does she always have to make that stupid/confused face? it's all well and good to have female protagonists but if they are thick as pigshit it's not much of a progress.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Do you mean Eve or Villanelle ? I've mentioned before that yer woman Villanelle overdid it on the bemused expressions ( as attractive as those expressions are ) in the second series.
There was a lot wrong with the second series, it just got so daft as to be irritating, and I've never really cared for Sandra Oh's character. Ah, well.

chveik

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 18, 2019, 05:55:50 PM
Do you mean Eve or Villanelle ? I've mentioned before that yer woman Villanelle overdid it on the bemused expressions ( as attractive as those expressions are ) in the second series.
There was a lot wrong with the second series, it just got so daft as to be irritating, and I've never really cared for Sandra Oh's character. Ah, well.

I meant Eve. but yeah, same goes for the other one too.

I didn't expect it to be a great show, just some fairly entertaining escapism. sadly it's not as funny and as smart as the writers think it is. also
Spoiler alert
ending both series with a key character seemingly dying is incredibly lazy
[close]
. but weirdly critics are still raving about it. as you said, ah well.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Agree with that. The writers actually insult the intelligence of the viewers by thinking they'll be impressed by some of the guff they come out with " Gosh, look at Eve's boss, with her fencing lessons and not being perturbed by yer woman Villannelle killing sundry innocent people, like that woman she threw under that truck in broad daylight, in front of sundry witnesses and CCTV cameras a-plenty filming the whole thing. Coo! "
mate, you wearily sigh in the scriptwriters direction.
Still, Her Who Plays Villanelle is the most beautiful woman in the entire world, so fair play.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Shouldn't have repeated the word " sundry" in that post. Apologies.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Apparently the third series will be entitled Killing Steve.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 18, 2019, 08:00:29 AM
One thing I'm not sure on, is it pronounced coma or cummer?

They're all pronounced It's pronounced as in that film starring Genevieve Bujold and Michael Douglas from 1978.

Couldn't very well leave dear old Touchy hanging like that, could I ?

Villanelle kills a forrin
Eve pulls a face

mr. logic

Killing Eve is great. Of all the acclaimed British dramas of recent times- Happy Valley, Line of Duty, others- it's the only one that moves with any pace and is actually fun to watch. The locations alone make it worthwhile.

The plot is nonsensical of course, but it's at least as funny as it thinks it is. Villanelle revealing that she's in love with Raymond- a dumpy, bloated man with a permanent nasty scowl- just to amuse herself is humour like something you would see in the Sopranos. Writers just marvelling at the insanity and inscrutability of their own creations.

Though her American accent was a little ropey.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The Australian accent was even worse. She should stick to that Posho Southern English accent that she likes doing ( you can tell ).

I'm really glad that Mr logic is a " Killing Eve" fan, although it definitely lost it's way a bit with the second series. Hopefully, the third series won't see it going completely ludicrous a la latter day " Luther".

mr. logic

Its problem now might be the less sane members of its fanbase who seem to consider it some sort of tragic love story and consider any storyline other than the two of them sleeping together homophobic.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Best Cameo In Series 2- David Cann's understated performance.
Most Disappointing Cameo- Zoe Wannamaker's pointless appearance.
Best Face What Her Who Plays Villanelle Pulled ( Poss. SPOILER in one of these )- the slightly bored " ah well, 'ere we go, then " expression as she breaks the neck of that unfortunate French lad, as she kindly puts him out of his misery/ the " What do you think about that, speccy? "smirk she pulls to the baddy after she ate loads of pasta in front of him.
Moment when you think " overdoing it a bit with the facial expressions now, missus ": When Her Who Plays Villanelle  pulls that face and says " I couldn't remember her name " to Eve about one of those women she'd been lezzng it up with, and she was hurriedly leaving the next morning.
Scene in which it should be obvious to the whole of humanity how empirically attractive Her Who Plays Villanelle is: that scene where she's got the glasses on/ that scene in which she belts the baddy in the mush with a big philosophy book.
Smuggest Performance: Her Who Plays Eve's boss.
Most Irksome Scene: That  Jeremy Dyson- scripted" which accent do you think I should do, missus? " scene between Her Who Plays Villanelle and Eve.