Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:02:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

1FM shows without music.

Started by magval, July 02, 2019, 09:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magval

Has anyone ever edited these (or anything of that era, maybe Armando or Lee and Herring's 1FM shows) to cut all the fucking music out?

Would love to be able to listen to these shows without skipping through the 90s radio shite. Some of it is class but when I want the comedy it becomes a bit of a chore.

Would consider doing it myself if the interest was there. BUT. Have YOU done it, for me?

BeardFaceMan

I've got no music edits of all of the Radio 1 shows and 17 of the GLR shows, I must have got them from here at some point, I can upload them somewhere if they're nowhere else. Now all I need are some no music edits of Blue Jam...

magval

Aye, I'd love that. I'm only now getting around to listening to them but I've no quick-skip in my car or on my headphones so it's not as fun as I'd like when the comedy is so strong.

Cold Meat Platter

I think 1fm Morris is some of my favourite Morris and nae cunt knows about it, really. Big Spoon Baby Balloon, "Is there an onion limit?", proto-Brass Eye news stuff, Peter going mental in Edinburgh. It's the purest Morris known to man.

Captain Z

While we're vaguely on the subject, does anyone know which is the episode of the Radio 1 shows where Chris either comments on or does a parody advert for a new/upcoming album and says something like "no actual music, but so much production you won't notice..."?

McChesney Duntz

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on July 03, 2019, 03:34:29 AM
That seems utterly insane to me, but here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF9818396FA36E90E

Thank you very much. I come for the comedy, not the music, I'm not a fan of that type of music anyway so I've never listened to all of Blue Jam, after 20 seconds of music I get bored and want to turn it off.

I'll get the R1 and GLR shows uploaded today. Can I post the link here neil, or should I PM the link to people?

the

Quote from: Captain Z on July 02, 2019, 11:56:25 PMWhile we're vaguely on the subject, does anyone know which is the episode of the Radio 1 shows where Chris either comments on or does a parody advert for a new/upcoming album and says something like "no actual music, but so much production you won't notice..."?

Unless he reused the joke elsewhere, that's from his GLR piece about Virgin 1215 (the bit you mention is about Sade, starting at 2:15).

Captain Z

Quote from: the on July 03, 2019, 10:46:25 AM
Unless he reused the joke elsewhere, that's from his GLR piece about Virgin 1215 (the bit you mention is about Sade, starting at 2:15).

Thanks! I was sure this was used on the Radio 1 show at some point.

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on July 03, 2019, 03:34:29 AM
That seems utterly insane to me

When I first heard about Blue Jam I told myself I would skip through the music just to get to the comedy bits but that went out the window within the first 10 minutes of the first episode. The music is absolutely essential to Blue Jam.

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: Captain Z on July 03, 2019, 12:23:48 PM
When I first heard about Blue Jam I told myself I would skip through the music just to get to the comedy bits but that went out the window within the first 10 minutes of the first episode. The music is absolutely essential to Blue Jam.

This.

Music is essential to the Blue Jam experience.... And there is some really good music wrapped around the sketches.

BeardFaceMan

It's really good music if you like that music.  Try and imagine a crazy world where someone doesn't like the music, imagine the sketches wrapped in reggae,  or country and western, or any other music style that makes you want to turn it off, if that helps. I just want the comedy, not sure how listening to music I dont like for 3 minutes in between each sketch enhances my experience of the comedy.

There's also mini-sketches and continuations of sketches thrown in throughout some of the music tracks too so make sure whatever edit you get has taken that into account.

BeardFaceMan

That's what always put me off trying to do no music edits myself, it would take someone who has a good knowledge of the show to do it properly and not miss that stuff, I've only ever listened to 2 or 3 full episodes and the compilation CD, which seemed to work ok with the sketches in isolation.