Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:28:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 24: OUR party, people!

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 02, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Paul Calf

"..., people!" is a sentence construction that makes me want to throw up.

Funcrusher

Good thread title. Nice to see some coverage of this frail elderly gentleman.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 02, 2019, 10:51:33 PM

Still time to suggest an alternative construction. Or title.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Funcrusher on July 02, 2019, 10:52:41 PM

Well, we have to do it now. I doubt he'll last another 99 pages.

BlodwynPig

DrGreggles

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 02, 2019, 10:55:33 PM
Still time to suggest an alternative construction. Or title.

Nah, it's a good 'un.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Funcrusher on July 02, 2019, 10:52:41 PM

Did anyone see the video of him running for that train? He shifted pretty rapidly for an oldie.
The cunt will out-live the lot of us!

Absorb the anus burn

Here's to rows over the title of Corbyn 26.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 02, 2019, 10:59:47 PM
Did anyone see the video of him running for that train? He shifted pretty rapidly for an oldie.
The cunt will out-live the lot of us!

Yeh and the slumped on the floor blocking the carriage ;)

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 02, 2019, 10:51:33 PM

Changed slightly to Corbyn 24: 'OUR party' people. Is that less vomit-inducing?

Edit: That'll teach me to lose confidence. Sorry, too slow Paul. It's back.

Buelligan

I like this title just as it is, please do not change it.  And am very happy to read the thoughts on Mr Corbyn's Adventures here as they unfold right here, in this thread, named just as it is. 

Do you think he'll be Prime Minister before thread 26?  Obvs can't be before 25 because we can do 200 pages easy on the lad if they start any serious talk of general elections but 300 might be pushing it.

So here's to Corbyn thread 26 then, I cannot fucking wait.

Captain Z

Wrestleminster: The Baron Corbyn Era

Johnny Yesno

BlodwynPig

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 03, 2019, 07:31:51 AM
How readily they fall into line, through ignorance or fear. I'm out.

Oh, The Canary is antisemitic now, I must've missed that update.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on July 03, 2019, 08:13:57 AM

Lies as truth. First they came for ALL OF US and we did not speak out. Then they spoke out AGAINST ALL OF US and we did a meme.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on July 03, 2019, 08:13:57 AM

That isn't what she said.

How long now before the usual suspects make you all think RLB is going to knife Corbyn in the back so they can keep picking the scab.

Btw she shouldn't and won't be leader because she is not good enough yet but that won't stop the press continuing the line that Corbs has to go because, too frail, didn't got to glasto etc... and giving trying to give it some legitimacy by suggesting his friends are about to get all brutus on him.

John McDonnell, Emily Thornberry, RLB, it's just a game to create paranoia and mistrust. 

TrenterPercenter

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/03/labour-mp-faces-deselection-threat-over-chris-williamson-criticism-ellie-reeves

All the hype is so that things like this can be written.  Notice how, even though in the story it is an irrelevance as nothing would happen whilst on maternity, it leads with her pregnancy.

It is just the next round of sophisticated propaganda.  Anyone paying attention would see that the Guardian has kicked into life again after lying dormant for a while.  This is why whatever you think about Chris Williamson's non-antisemitic outburst you keep him suspended for bringing the party into disrepute (i.e. giving the press all the ammunition they need to carry out their propaganda).  It just a case of sitting on your hands for a bit and not falling for the obvious attempts to split people on the left like the Canary and Novara.

BlodwynPig

It's the whole volte face by people you expect are knowledgeable enough to the at worst see both sides of the argument, at best denounce propaganda like this as the tool of the apocalypse.

Blumf

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 03, 2019, 02:03:12 AM
https://twitter.com/RLong_Bailey/status/1144644804942401536

Damn it! Saw her talking at a local party event last winter, she was very good, But this is just bollocks, very disappointed.

Buelligan

It's very difficult.  I remember here, once, I said I didn't believe that Jackie Walker's remark about the slave trade was antisemitic another poster spent months slandering me with accusations of antisemitism.  As we know, this thing has been weaponised by evil people who are using it in an attempt to destroy Labour. 

It's very similar to the Inquisitions or Stalinist purges, no longer enough not to be the thing or even not to be accused, now, even a tenuous connection to another person or thing that has been declared haram is enough to doom you.  No one is safe and to speak out in any way against it is to condemn oneself and ones friends and colleagues too.

The only answer, to my thinking, is a united refusal to condemn but that is being chipped away at by these repeated paranoia-inducing stories sown in the media, by the knowledge that there are those within the ranks, like Hodge, Watson, who are working against the Party and will break the unity if they can and by the worry that, genuine racists or antisemites, will be encouraged by this action.

Corbyn's a pretty wise old bird, he's seen a lot of this shit, I trust him to give the lead.  Unity, trust, hope, I am going to keep faith with those things.

poo

He's been absolutely cunting useless.

pancreas

Quote from: poo on July 03, 2019, 09:26:52 AM

Careful.
Mook mate.
Mook there
Careful mate.

Buelligan

But what are your thoughts?  How would you deal with antisemitism?  What do you think the way forward for Britain is on Brexit?  What's your approach to the Northern Ireland border question?

Fambo Number Mive

I don't see why - he's done a lot more to raise the problems caused by Tory and Lib Dem austerity than Miliband, has respected the result of the referendum while doing his best to avoid a No Deal Brexit and made sure other issues were kept on the agenda at a time when the media only seem to care about Brexit.

What would you like him to have done?

Absorb the anus burn

Okay, Egg Poo!

Tell us how he has been cunting useless at each of these things....

1. challenging cunting austerity.
2. opposing cunting Tory foreign cunting policy.
3. adding 3 million votes in cunting 2017.
4. increasing cunting membership.
5. exposing the cunting biased cunting media.
6. accepting cunting Brexit will be solved by cunting compromise.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 03, 2019, 09:51:39 AM
What would you like him to have done?

No point, mate.... Swallowed the cunting media narrative hook, line and cunting sinker.