Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,480
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:58:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 24: OUR party, people!

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 02, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

Quote from: Buelligan on July 06, 2019, 01:48:30 PM
It would be entirely inappropriate for the leader to comment on individual investigations, wouldn't it?

If it's Corbyn.

Paul Calf

Corbyn is obviously the best person to take over from Corbyn.  I'm looking forward very much to the day when a Corbyn-led Labour government takes power.  I hope it's very soon.

If there really is no-one else, the Labour Party's days are numbered and the number is not large.

Replies From View

Quote from: Danger Man on July 06, 2019, 01:42:37 PM
I knew you'd get there in the end.

What?  I've long struggled to think of who might follow Corbyn; this isn't a new concern.

(I know you take this as some kind of unthinking loyalty to Christ-Corbyn but that's because your engagement with all this is as shallow as fuck and has sneering as its main thrust.)

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 06, 2019, 02:03:07 PM
If there really is no-one else, the Labour Party's days are numbered and the number is not large.

Sliding into a pool of your own filth, the sunlit uplands far in the distance, shouting "I'm coming, I'm coming to the promised land"

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Replies From View on July 06, 2019, 01:07:57 PM
And I wonder who can be trusted to actually continue what Corbyn has started and not just take us back to where we were before.

So many people I assumed at first were good eggs have turned out not to be.  Candidates recommended by Momentum haven't always proven reliable.  Depressing.

The sad consequence of end-game capitalism.

Johnny Yesno

Except that this isn't about Corbyn, is it?  It's about wiping out the stain of racism from the Labour Party and that must be done without fear or favour.  It would be entirely inappropriate for the leader to comment on individual investigations, wouldn't it?

Hmm, I'm starting to come round to your way of thinking when you said

Quote from: Buelligan on June 29, 2019, 11:43:11 PM
"sponk"

It's him, isn't it?

sponk

Quote from: jobotic on July 06, 2019, 01:49:02 PM
A perfect example of how the right wing smear campaign works against Corbyn. Proud to use anti-semitism in this way. Fucking shameful.

I am not right-wing or using anti-Semitism, I just think Corbyn has made it easy to weaponise by sitting on the fence for so long. If he'd come out strongly either way at the beginning of the whole anti-Semitism scandal it wouldn't have gone on this long.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sponk on July 06, 2019, 02:20:19 PM
I am not right-wing or using anti-Semitism, I just think Corbyn has made it easy to weaponise by sitting on the fence for so long. If he'd come out strongly either way at the beginning of the whole anti-Semitism scandal it wouldn't have gone on this long.

Its odd that the bully doesn't get the same level of opprobrium than the bullied.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45030552

Fucking dreadful article from the Beeb on the manufactured anti-semitism outrage, a primer for their 'expose' programme next week no doubt. How do you deal with this shit, when the supposedly impartial and trustworthy main source of news in the country is so blatantly biased against a party and a man?

Danger Man

Quote from: Replies From View on July 06, 2019, 02:11:29 PM
What?  I've long struggled to think of who might follow Corbyn; this isn't a new concern.

My comment was about the second part of your post, not the first. I was saying that you'd become disillusioned eventually. If I have to explain stuff like this then it's not really worth it.

Buelligan

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 06, 2019, 02:03:07 PM

Heheh, I have my own theory about this, which I will not share because if it works out the way I think it will, it's quite important that no one jumps the gun.  But whether I'm right or not, the simple truth is, the Labour brand is not what this is about.

This is about changing the world, it's never going to be easy.  I will never happen quickly.  To get anywhere at all with this, everyone needs to stay strong, hold to our goal and refuse to budge.  Solidarity.

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 06, 2019, 02:16:00 PM
It's him, isn't it?

I have thought it very likely since 27 March this year.  End of the day, doesn't matter, it's what's said and done that matters.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Buelligan on July 06, 2019, 02:37:07 PM
Heheh, I have my own theory about this, which I will not share because if it works out the way I think it will, it's quite important that no one jumps the gun. 

I'd be surprised if the campaign strategists from any of the major parties are trawling CaB looking for intelligence leads, but whatever makes you happy.

Buelligan

Replies From View

Quote from: Danger Man on July 06, 2019, 02:33:55 PM
My comment was about the second part of your post, not the first. I was saying that you'd become disillusioned eventually. If I have to explain stuff like this then it's not really worth it.

I haven't become disillusioned; your remarks don't correspond to what I was saying. 

You need to explain only because all your posts on this topic are sneery non-sequiturs, and it is completely in character for you not to appreciate this, so cheers.

Not really worth it?  If you have anything else you could be doing with your time and energy, please do it.  I have plenty of shit things going on in my life to make a condescending ballbag on my shoulder unnecessary.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on July 06, 2019, 02:37:07 PM
I have thought it very likely since 27 March this year.

Oh, what happened then?

QuoteEnd of the day, doesn't matter, it's what's said and done that matters.

True, but it does influence my 'Can you be arsed? (Y/N)' decision making.

New folder

Quote from: sponk on July 06, 2019, 12:47:30 PM
Do you think Corbyn has stood by Williamson strongly throughout the smear campaign against him?

In private, he more than likely does. Just because he is having a difficult time performing his act in the media circus, doesn't mean he doesn't support him in actuality.

THAT'S RIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN STEP RIGHT UP STEP RIGHT UP WE HAVE QUITE A SHOW FOR YOU TONIGHT IN CIRQUE DE CENTRISTE

We've got the amazing acrobat Chukka the Chucker flip-flopping around the big top!

And that's right folks, we've got the incredible knife-throwing Tom Watson! Watch in awe as Jeremy Corbyn is tied face-down on a giant revolving wheel, while Mr. Watson throws knives into his back!

And Margaret Hodge calls an elephant racist or something.

And for the big finale, we've got Jezza the tightrope walker trying to delicately balance on the thin wire of public opinion, over 100m in the air! With a pit of FBPE-ers on one side, and a pool of live antisemitism smears on the other (they're hungry folks oh yes they are!), he better not fall in! But you can throw rotten fruit at him anyway you sick fucks!

And all the while, Chris Williamson is shot out of the tent in a giant cannon!

I hear you gasp in awe, but here is the thing that will truly shock you, ladies and gentlemen: it's free! Every day, all day, all you need is a Twitter account to watch the show! Yes that's right folks step right up and watch the circus and talk about the circus and tweet about the circus and make sure you criticise Jeremy Corbyn for doing basically the most difficult job in the world to actually quite a good standard considering all the shit that's thrown at him argh I hate Jess Phillips so fucking much

mugwump ji sum

Jonathan Cook on the plot to keep Jeremy Corbyn out of power:

Quote...

Corbyn's success also wasn't evidence that the power structure he challenged had weakened. The system was still in place and it still had a chokehold on the political and media establishments that exist to uphold its interests. Which is why it has been mobilising these forces endlessly to damage Corbyn and avert the risk of a further, even more disastrous "accident", such as his becoming prime minister.

Corbyn was seen to have an Achilles' heel. He was a life-long anti-racism activist and well known for his support for the rights of the long-suffering Palestinians. The political and media establishments quickly learnt that they could recharacterise his support for the Palestinians and criticism of Israel as anti-semitism. He was soon being presented as a leader happy to preside over an "institutionally" anti-semitic party.

the weaponisation of anti-semitism against Corbyn has become so normal that, even while I was writing this post, a new nadir was reached. Jeremy Hunt, the foreign secretary who hopes to defeat Boris Johnson in the upcoming Tory leadership race, as good as accused Corbyn of being a new Hitler, a man who as prime minister might allow Jews to be exterminated, just as occurred in the Nazi death camps.

Last month a private conversation concerning Corbyn between the US secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, and the heads of a handful of rightwing American Jewish organisations was leaked. Contrary to the refrain of the UK corporate media that Corbyn is so absurd a figure that he could never win an election, the fear expressed on both sides of that Washington conversation was that the Labour leader might soon become Britain's prime minister.

Full article:
https://www.jonathan-cook.net/blog/2019-07-03/plot-corbyn-out-power/

Buelligan

Have you logged in to the wrong account?

Buelligan

Quote from: sponk on July 06, 2019, 02:20:19 PM

I should have responded to this, I missed it. 

Either there is a problem with antisemitism in the Labour Party which would be a problem requiring urgent resolution whether Corbyn crushed accusations immediately or not.  In fact, if there is a genuine problem it would be made worse by Corbyn squashing any criticism.  Or it's a manufactured crisis and the only thing that will end it, at least from the point of view of those hurling the shit, is Corbyn to go.

I think you know that though, don't you? 

sponk

Quote from: New folder on July 06, 2019, 03:27:26 PM
In private, he more than likely does. Just because he is having a difficult time performing his act in the media circus, doesn't mean he doesn't support him in actuality.

THAT'S RIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN STEP RIGHT UP STEP RIGHT UP WE HAVE QUITE A SHOW FOR YOU TONIGHT IN CIRQUE DE CENTRISTE

We've got the amazing acrobat Chukka the Chucker flip-flopping around the big top!

And that's right folks, we've got the incredible knife-throwing Tom Watson! Watch in awe as Jeremy Corbyn is tied face-down on a giant revolving wheel, while Mr. Watson throws knives into his back!

And Margaret Hodge calls an elephant racist or something.

And for the big finale, we've got Jezza the tightrope walker trying to delicately balance on the thin wire of public opinion, over 100m in the air! With a pit of FBPE-ers on one side, and a pool of live antisemitism smears on the other (they're hungry folks oh yes they are!), he better not fall in! But you can throw rotten fruit at him anyway you sick fucks!

And all the while, Chris Williamson is shot out of the tent in a giant cannon!

I hear you gasp in awe, but here is the thing that will truly shock you, ladies and gentlemen: it's free! Every day, all day, all you need is a Twitter account to watch the show! Yes that's right folks step right up and watch the circus and talk about the circus and tweet about the circus and make sure you criticise Jeremy Corbyn for doing basically the most difficult job in the world to actually quite a good standard considering all the shit that's thrown at him argh I hate Jess Phillips so fucking much

One of Corbyn's main appeals for me, initially, was that he didn't play those games. He wasn't spun, he said what he thought, not what would play well in the media circus. If he's lost that, he's lost.

Anyway, speaking of JP, I read an awful article about her today. Contained this lovely Glinnerism:

Quote"I spend my entire time here basically trying to push the parameter slightly, just trying to constantly remind people, 'Don't forget women'," the MP stated

BlodwynPig

A new film by Richard Curtis

"Jess"

A woman wakes up to find the rest of humanity have forgotten women

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: sponk on July 06, 2019, 04:52:04 PM
He wasn't spun, he said what he thought, not what would play well in the media circus. If he's lost that, he's lost.

The party leader avoiding commenting on an ongoing investigation is not spin.

Oh, yeah, I forgot, you're one of those guys like Waxy Lemon that doesn't understand why there are reporting restrictions placed on ongoing criminal cases.

This is the kind of intellect we're dealing with in this country now. We're so screwed.

sponk

The investigation ended a couple of times though. Once when he was let back in, then when he was kicked out again. He could have commented at either time.

And FYI I didn't say I don't understand why reporting restrictions are put in place, I just didn't know there was one.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: sponk on July 06, 2019, 05:01:26 PM
The investigation ended a couple of times though. Once when he was let back in, then when he was kicked out again. He could have commented at either time.

And you don't think that the fact that the decision was overturned twice had anything to do with it? There's already been complaints of interference from the top, and that's with Corbyn standing back from it. There's still an ECHR investigation going on, remember?

QuoteAnd FYI I didn't say I don't understand why reporting restrictions are put in place, I just didn't know there was one.

Rubbish. You were backing up wooders in his idiocy.

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 05, 2019, 10:47:05 PM
Quote from: sponk on July 05, 2019, 10:44:47 PM
Do you have any examples of trials actually collapsing because someone did something similar to what Robinson has? Seems like an easy way to avoid a conviction if so If I was in court for a serious crime I'd just pay some people to film themselves calling me a big nonce outside the court.

no because contempt of court is illegal and carries serious penalties

When the answers are so obvious, it makes me doubt your intent. Is it Poe's Law at work? I dunno.

sponk

Backing him up because I didn't know there was a reporting restriction.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: sponk on July 06, 2019, 06:38:27 PM
Backing him up because I didn't know there was a reporting restriction.

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 05, 2019, 04:35:35 PM
AHAHAHAHAHA:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48887440

QuoteThe court ruled that the 36-year-old, from Luton, committed contempt by breaking reporting restrictions.

You, sir, are either extremely stupid or you are purposefully wasting people's time.

Johnny Yesno

Everyone else, sorry for the derail.

Buelligan is right. It is him. I'm stopping now.

chveik

Danger Man

Voice of reason Will Hutton has declared

By refusing to take up arms, the Labour party has colluded with the Brexit right, created the opening for the Lib Dems and Greens and thus permitted the emergence of a new multi-party system. If Labour continues to temporise, the first past the post electoral system will fell it. The Lib Dems, unapologetic Remainers who are beginning to recognise that their Keynesian tradition offers better policies for the times than soft Thatcherism, have the opportunity to become the new anchor of British progressive politics – strengthened, if they are sufficiently strategic, by working closely with the Greens.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/07/labour-remainers-must-seize-control

hmmmmm

Blumf

Quote from: Danger Man on July 07, 2019, 11:42:21 AM
Voice of reason Will Hutton has declared
QuoteThe Lib Dems, unapologetic Remainers who are beginning to recognise that their Keynesian tradition

LoL wut?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_government_austerity_programme
QuoteThe austerity programme was initiated in 2010 by the Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government.

How soon wecentrist cunts forget