Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:13:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 24: OUR party, people!

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 02, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

king_tubby

https://twitter.com/johnmcdonnellMP/status/1161755118678827009

QuoteJeremy has offered the surest way to prevent a No Deal Brexit. Any opposition party leader or MP rejecting this offer will carry the responsibility for allowing a No Deal disaster and will never be forgiven.

Johnny Yesno

thugler

Greens want referendum first, which is impossible due to parliamentary arithmetic.

SAAAAKE.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Suki Bapswent on August 14, 2019, 11:43:27 PM
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/jeremy-corbyn/news/105925/lib-dems-reject-jeremy-corbyns-call

Thanks.

Lib Dem wankers.

And what is Lucas Playing at?

QuoteThe Brighton Pavilion MP said: "Preventing a crash-out Brexit on the 31st October was what lay behind my proposal earlier this week.

"But the proposal from the Labour leader does not guarantee that the people are given the final say on Brexit.

"Holding a general election before a People's Vote is the wrong way around."

Sebastian Cobb

Cunts will say anything if it means they get to pet larry the cat.

honeychile

Quote from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49352250
  • Ms Swinson outright rejected his proposals, saying: "Jeremy Corbyn is not the person who is going to be able to build an even temporary majority in the House of Commons for this task"
  • Green MP Caroline Lucas welcomed Mr Corbyn's call for a vote of no confidence but insisted a referendum must be held before any general election
  • Plaid Cymru's Westminster Leader, Liz Saville Roberts MP said she welcomed any attempt to stop no-deal but said it was "disappointing" that he would not commit to calling a referendum before an election
  • The SNP's Westminster leader Ian Blackford said he was willing to meet with the Labour leader "at the earliest opportunity".

My emphasis. Could get interesting to see the rest of these twats start squirming if Labour are able to get the SNP behind it.

thugler

Quote from: honeychile on August 15, 2019, 12:00:47 AM
t was "disappointing" that he would not commit to calling a referendum before an election
FUCKING HOW?

pancreas

Quote from: honeychile on August 15, 2019, 12:00:47 AM
My emphasis. Could get interesting to see the rest of these twats start squirming if Labour are able to get the SNP behind it.

The SNP are obviously behind it. They're playing hard to get. But Labour needs all the opposition plus a few more. Or at least a significant band of Tories.

thugler

Is this just the other parties not wanting to say they'll do this until everything else fails?

pancreas

Quote from: thugler on August 15, 2019, 12:07:55 AM
Is this just the other parties not wanting to say they'll do this until everything else fails?

I really really fucking hope so. The People's Vote group will tell them to get their shit together, I expect.

Chairman Yang

I was going to permit myself a bit of hope at this gigantic fuck-off gauntlet being thrown down but then I remembered all the craven Tory refugees floating around the minor parties, desperate for that sweet taste of relevance again. Blerugeghgherg

Suki Bapswent

Quote from: thugler on August 15, 2019, 12:07:55 AM

I reckon it's just posturing at this point, yeah. Swinson doesn't want to be seen to fall neatly in line, being a new leader and all. If she's allowed to make some kind of minor change to the terms of Corbyn's proposal, I'm sure she'd end up voting for it so long as she can say she contributed in some way.

Given the extremely limited scope of what Corbyn's actually suggesting (basically just a short-term government to ensure a GE), her reaction looks ridiculously over the top.

KennyMonster

Well Watson needs to distance himself from Swinson now doesn't he, otherwise he's siding with Swinson who has rejected Labour forming a government.

greencalx

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Swinson and Lucas are being childish.

If Boris doesn't have a mandate for no deal, Corbyn has even less of a mandate to hold a second ref. In fact, a ref under these circumstances would be a ref on the idea of the opposition running the country, which would probably lead to a no deal brexit. Also you'd have thought they'd want him to be PM for the shortest possible period...

State of these idiots.

Paul Calf

Either that or join the Lib Dems. It'd be a big scalp for them so I imagine they're leaving it until they can do the maximum damage. Just before a big General Election that will decide the character and laws of the nation for generations to come by handing power to an authoritarian, anti-democratic cabal of aristocratic billionaires would seem apt for a political movement that's often voiced its pain at the plight of the working clarses but never done a single thing to help them.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Paul Calf on August 15, 2019, 06:28:33 AM
Either that or join the Lib Dems. It'd be a big scalp for them so I imagine they're leaving it until they can do the maximum damage. Just before a big General Election that will decide the character and laws of the nation for generations to come by handing power to an authoritarian, anti-democratic cabal of aristocratic billionaires would seem apt for a political movement that's often voiced its pain at the plight of the working clarses but never done a single thing to help them.

My money's on Watson doing this.

idunnosomename

Swinson is more Tory than Tory. Utterly vile

pancreas

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 15, 2019, 10:21:40 AM
Swinson is more Tory than Tory. Utterly vile

She's also quite obviously thick as pigshit.

TrenterPercenter

Swinson is on LBC now.

Is starting to waiver, she is posturing she is going to support it you can tell.

She just wants to say that she doesn't like Corbyn.

Replies From View

Quote from: pancreas on August 15, 2019, 10:51:46 AM
She's also quite obviously thick as pigshit.

Same thing, pretty much.

Kelvin

Lucas needs to get her shit together. This isn't some game she's playing, and while I was willing to overlook some pointless gesture politics earlier this week, her current position on this offer will have real consequences. If she doesn't back it after some more silly posturing, she really does deserve to lose the support of the left.

Paul Calf

Remember when The Green Party was a left-wing protest vote against Labour? Now they're losing the right to be called 'green'.

king_tubby

Lucas is now telling Swinson to stop dicking about. And Sturgeon too. (this is all on Tweets which I can't c&P to here, sorry)

The Lib Dems are looking very isolated right now.

jobotic

If Swinson joins in she can kiss goodbye to that Ministerial car in a ConDem coalition
Oh no!

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: king_tubby on August 15, 2019, 01:47:48 PM
Lucas is now telling Swinson to stop dicking about. And Sturgeon too. (this is all on Tweets which I can't c&P to here, sorry)

The Lib Dems are looking very isolated right now.
Can somebody copy what's been said by Lucas/Surgeon on here, please?