Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:10:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 24: OUR party, people!

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 02, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

Quote from: Buelligan on September 11, 2019, 11:08:54 AM
I don't think that is correct.  Obviously I don't know her circumstances but you said she'd worked for them for a great deal longer than that but been obliged to reapply for her own job.  This was fed to her as a new contract, the implication being that her previous rights were nullified.  Check the ACAS site, I'm rusty here (and probably out of date) but unless there was a break in service between the two contracts, I'm pretty certain they count as unbroken service (which would therefore return all her rights and protections).  Similarly if she was TUPEd.  I urge you to check this with ACAS, just do a bit of reading.

I will. Thank you very much.

Buelligan

Great, do.  Also read my edit if you haven't.  Good luck.

pancreas

and tell the cunt you're gonna break her fucking legs if she votes tory

imitationleather

Quote from: pancreas on September 11, 2019, 11:39:29 AM

Yeah! Make her learn about what those psychopaths are doing to the NHS the hard way.

pancreas

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: pancreas on September 11, 2019, 11:39:29 AM

Worked on my gran.

DrGreggles

Didn't work on my ex's mum, the broken-legged cunt.

pancreas

There are other limbs whose integrity you can threaten.

jobotic

Quote from: Buelligan on September 11, 2019, 11:08:54 AM
I don't think that is correct.  Obviously I don't know her circumstances but you said she'd worked for them for a great deal longer than that but been obliged to reapply for her own job.  This was fed to her as a new contract, the implication being that her previous rights were nullified.  Check the ACAS site, I'm rusty here (and probably out of date) but unless there was a break in service between the two contracts, I'm pretty certain they count as unbroken service (which would therefore return all her rights and protections).  Similarly if she was TUPEd.  I urge you to check this with ACAS, just do a bit of reading.

I would add that it's surprising how many employees trust the word and authority of their employers without question (and how many employers are ignorant of the law or dishonest).  Check it.

EtA  Thinking about it, seriously, check it.  This bullshit about the contract over the summer being wrong and so them not being obliged to pay her may be a way of forcing a break in service onto her record, making it possible for them to fuck her off (because they, perhaps now, realise that their forcing her to reapply did not break her service).  They may be simply trying to do that, they may also be worried about the business and looking to redundancy costs, if she's actually been with them for some time, that could amount to a significant sum which they're trying to avoid liability for.  PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT.

This is correct. She should have continous service and the need to pay her redundancy on that basis.

imitationleather

Stephen Kinnock: "We've had more positions on Brexit than the Kama Sutra."

Jeeeeeez.

Konki

Quote from: imitationleather on September 11, 2019, 12:42:31 PM
Stephen Kinnock: "We've had more positions on Brexit than the Kama Sutra."

Jeeeeeez.

What's the Kama Sutra's current position on Brexit?

phantom_power

I think he means more positions than he tried from the Kama Sutra, one, missionary with an expression on the woman that is a mixture of boredom, disappointment and self loathing

Rich Uncle Skeleton

He means whichever way we're well and truly fucked.

Thanks you've been great, goodnight

Konki

WE VOTED TO FUCK SO LET'S JUST FUCK!

WHY DON'T WE JUST GET ON WITH FUCKING?

HAVE WE FUCKED YET?

FUCK MEANS FUCK!

Buelligan

Quote from: phantom_power on September 11, 2019, 12:58:58 PM
I think he means more positions than he tried from the Kama Sutra, one, missionary with an expression on the woman that is a mixture of boredom, disappointment and self loathing

Don't kid yourself, it's not just the women he's trying to fuck, he wants to do us all.

He really is a stain on the Labour Party.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on September 11, 2019, 01:11:35 PM
Don't kid yourself, it's not just the women he's trying to fuck, he wants to do us all.

He really is a stain on the Labour Party.

Imagine him softly whispering in your ear "darling, let's try No. 35 from the Karma Sutra tonight. I'll put Sting on the stereo and change into my sex clothes".

And whilst you reluctantly ascent, he puts a video showing his dad falling into the sea on the ceiling widescreen.

Buelligan

Is No.35 In the Bath with an Ice Pick?  I do hope so.

Paul Calf

Quote from: imitationleather on September 11, 2019, 11:41:11 AM
Yeah! Make her learn about what those psychopaths are doing to the NHS the hard way.

She has severe asthma. Without the NHS, she would literally have died between the ages of about 6 and 10. She knows we need the NHS. and yet...

George Oscar Bluth II

Can I just put on the record, as a Corbyn-sceptic: what the fuck is Tom Watson doing today. Fucking hell. Have some decorum. Stop just saying shit.

Paul Calf

I know. He's an arsehole, isn't he?

Blumf

Quote from: Konki on September 11, 2019, 01:06:23 PM

HAVE WE FUCKED YET?

FUCK MEANS FUCK!

Johnson huffing amyl nitrite whilst painting used wine cartons.

holyzombiejesus

Is there anything that can be done about him? Can a vote of no-confidence or something be called, or would he have too much support? I saw a tweet this morning from Manchester Momentum saying they supported B'ham Momentum's efforts to fuck him off but unsure what's going on.

Konki

My view on how things would go in a general election fluctuates quite violently at the moment but every time that despicable, self-serving cunt Watson opens his weird, deflated face I can't help thinking we're utterly fucked. How do you deal with the sort of fucker that's not just inside the tent pissing in but also happily shitting all over the tent and everything in it?

imitationleather

It seems a bit absurd that we have to put up with Watson abusing his position to completely fuck up the Labour party's message until he decides himself to waddle off elsewhere. He's not going to join the Lib Dems because he is far better placed to promote their policies where he is right now. Does anyone other than supporters of different parties think he is doing a good job?

king_tubby

George Oscar Bluth II

He seems to have his constituency party onside.

I didn't vote for him in the 2015 deputy leadership election of course, so he's not my fault.

Puce Moment

Watson wants the Leader role and it has turned him into an odious cunt. I used to quite like him, especially when he sat on committees as he was always very bullish and forthright.

Watson knows that going full-on for reversing article 50 as an election pledge would do a good job of undermining the Lib Dems even more than they are, and seduce Remainers away from voting for those morally bankrupt shysters. But now is the time to get behind our lovely Jezzer with the Tories in utter tatters. It's the best opportunity to squash the fuckers into the dirt.

His killer instinct is completely misplaced here. I have come to dislike him intensely.

Buelligan

Yep.  I have absolutely fucking loathed him for a very long time.  He really is a despicable person.

Replies From View

Quote from: Konki on September 11, 2019, 01:06:23 PM

HAVE WE FUCKED YET?

FUCK MEANS FUCK!

This is a good way of putting it.

Replies From View

Quote from: Puce Moment on September 11, 2019, 02:39:30 PM
Watson wants the Leader role and it has turned him into an odious cunt.

What planet is he on, then.  The idea that the membership will give him another go at his own job after all this transparent backstabbing and cuntery is laughable.  Leader?  Good grief.