Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:34:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 24: OUR party, people!

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 02, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Quote from: Replies From View on September 11, 2019, 06:15:56 PM
What planet is he on, then.  The idea that the membership will give him another go at his own job after all this transparent backstabbing and cuntery is laughable.  Leader?  Good grief.

I'd quite like to have a solid gold cock which ejaculates money straight into my bank account but I don't think acting like a cunt is going to get me any closer to one.

Replies From View

Quote from: imitationleather on September 11, 2019, 06:19:02 PM
I'd quite like to have a solid gold cock which ejaculates money straight into my bank account but I don't think acting like a cunt is going to get me any closer to one.

Especially not if earning this solid gold cock money ejaculator requires onlookers to vote for you not being a cunt.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Replies From View on September 11, 2019, 06:15:56 PM
What planet is he on, then.  The idea that the membership will give him another go at his own job after all this transparent backstabbing and cuntery is laughable.  Leader?  Good grief.

Yeah chucking him is going to be incredibly satisfying.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on September 11, 2019, 06:23:01 PM
Yeah chucking him is going to be incredibly satisfying.

How do we get to chuck him though?

greencalx

Apparently there was a trigger ballot in his constituency last night. 14/14 attendees supports him. 14 seems a worryingly low turnout. If I recall we had over 100 to reselect our MSP, someone who has nothing like the visibility of Watson. Not sure if I understood right but there are several branches, so perhaps there's scope for some mobilisation still. Is momentum on this case?

Konki

I know it's irrelevant but does anyone else find the way he speaks incredibly creepy? He'd make a good b-movie serial killer.

king_tubby

I don't even know how he thinks he'd get to do anything in the top job with the media bringing up his paedohunting stuff that went wrong all the time.

honeychile

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 11, 2019, 06:42:56 PM
How do we get to chuck him though?

I think we just have to wait until Corbyn steps down, at which point he makes his Liz Kendallb bid for the top job.

jobotic

I have a bad feeling I voted for that wanker as deputy leader on the back of Leveson but I can't remember. Who else was standing?

pancreas

Quote from: greencalx on September 11, 2019, 07:04:12 PM
Apparently there was a trigger ballot in his constituency last night. 14/14 attendees supports him. 14 seems a worryingly low turnout. If I recall we had over 100 to reselect our MSP, someone who has nothing like the visibility of Watson. Not sure if I understood right but there are several branches, so perhaps there's scope for some mobilisation still. Is momentum on this case?

That'll be one of the branches. Need 1/3of all branches OR affiliates to prompt selection.

NoSleep

Quote from: jobotic on September 11, 2019, 07:48:47 PM
I have a bad feeling I voted for that wanker as deputy leader on the back of Leveson but I can't remember. Who else was standing?

It's that you should bear in mind as he's very good at holding the media up to the light when he wants to (and it's actually his responsibility). Which makes it all the more surprising that he's let them lunch on Corbyn for the last 4 years and even supplied the sauce.

Puce Moment

Quote from: jobotic on September 11, 2019, 07:48:47 PMI have a bad feeling I voted for that wanker as deputy leader on the back of Leveson but I can't remember. Who else was standing?

Don't feel bad - it could be regarded as one of his most shining moments, if we didn't now know that he is an opportunist careerist. I had a huge amount of respect for him during that whole farce.

Replies From View

Quote from: Konki on September 11, 2019, 07:05:25 PM
I know it's irrelevant but does anyone else find the way he speaks incredibly creepy? He'd make a good b-movie serial killer.

Maybe he already is one.  I've hardly seen any films in that genre.

Replies From View

I have a bad feeling I voted for that wanker as deputy leader on the back of Leveson but I can't remember.

I definitely did, for this reason.  I had no idea.

Replies From View

Quote from: NoSleep on September 11, 2019, 07:53:34 PM
It's that you should bear in mind as he's very good at holding the media up to the light when he wants to (and it's actually his responsibility). Which makes it all the more surprising that he's let them lunch on Corbyn for the last 4 years and even supplied the sauce.

He reminds me of Joe Pantoliano's character in the first Matrix film in this regard.

jobotic

Yeah looking at the other candidates there's no way I didn't vote for him.

greenman

I mean it comes down to credibility doesn't it? if Labour is going to offer a second referendum there needs to be trust that the leave option is negotiated in good faith by Corbyn.

Johnny Yesno

I have a bad feeling I voted for that wanker as deputy leader on the back of Leveson but I can't remember.

I know I voted for him for that reason, plus we already knew the other candidates were shite.

imitationleather

The thing is, if any of the other leadership candidates had won he probably wouldn't seem so bad.

Zetetic

I find it very hard to understand what motivates him.

If he's simply an "opportunistic careerist", he's not a very good one. (Which is a possibility.)

Buelligan

I agree, I don't think it's primarily about getting Corbyn's job.  I feel like he works for someone else.  And, I suppose, if you think about how he made his bones in the party, you understand who that probably is.  But is that too spooky?  I hope so.

Sebastian Cobb

Shame they didn't just pack him into a duffel bag and claim it was a freak wanking accident.

Replies From View

Quote from: Buelligan on September 11, 2019, 10:40:04 PM
I agree, I don't think it's primarily about getting Corbyn's job.  I feel like he works for someone else.

If so he is working for them in the least covert way possible.

"It's okay, I burned my fingerprints off."

Buelligan

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 11, 2019, 10:46:15 PM
Shame they didn't just pack him into a duffel bag and claim it was a freak wanking accident.

There's still time.  It's one of the things that keep me going, opening my eyes each morning and thinking will it be today?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on September 11, 2019, 10:51:10 PM
There's still time.  It's one of the things that keep me going, opening my eyes each morning and thinking will it be today?

He's just bones already.

Cold Meat Platter

He was great in Absolutely and Mr Don and Mr George. What happened?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: jobotic on September 11, 2019, 12:21:23 PM
This is correct. She should have continous service and the need to pay her redundancy on that basis.

I'd like to echo this, Paul Calf. Have another go at getting your sister to look into it.

kalowski

I voted Corbyn and I think I voted Stella Creasy.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on September 12, 2019, 06:02:37 AM
I'd like to echo this, Paul Calf. Have another go at getting your sister to look into it.

I have. I get the impression that there's a lot of bullying and exploitation there though. Is this what care work is like these days?