Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:31:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 24: OUR party, people!

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 02, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

imitationleather

king_tubby

Quote from: pancreas on September 19, 2019, 08:35:08 PM
get on and do it, you grubby dungaree.

If the promise to arm John McDonnell is met, I may consider it.

Johnny Yesno

Replies From View

Quote from: NoSleep on September 19, 2019, 08:31:07 PM
He thinks the rest of us are idiots. He's a neoliberal cunt with the blood of thousands on his hands.

Unfortunately not the blood of a thousand neoliberal cunts which is what I first though you meant :(

Replies From View

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on September 19, 2019, 09:01:36 PM
His argument doesn't make any sense, does it?

It's weird because it evokes the thing about a camel being a horse designed by committee.  He's deliberately referencing that yet ignores how essential it is for the Labour leader to take onboard countless irreconcilable viewpoints and somehow make them work.

All Blair is really saying here is to ignore the democratic accountability to individuals with contrasting views in order to present a more simplistic animal.  Well in a competition about which animal is the most successful camel, the camel does win that one.  So cunt off, Blair.

idunnosomename

i hope tonty blair is fucked by a camel

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 19, 2019, 10:12:55 PM
i hope tonty blair is fucked by a camel

Maybe we can vote for it at the next conference.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hold on to the fact that other than 40 people in the media, the rest of the country fucking hates Blair with a visceral passion and tend to react with whatever the opposite of what he's saying is.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Replies From View on September 19, 2019, 10:04:29 PM
It's weird because it evokes the thing about a camel being a horse designed by committee.  He's deliberately referencing that yet ignores how essential it is for the Labour leader to take onboard countless irreconcilable viewpoints and somehow make them work.

All Blair is really saying here is to ignore the democratic accountability to individuals with contrasting views in order to present a more simplistic animal.  Well in a competition about which animal is the most successful camel, the camel does win that one.  So cunt off, Blair.

Ignoring the fact that that camel quote is absolute bobbins, how is Corbyn's position of trying to unite leavers and remainers to take on the tories making it a 'brexit election'? Surely the single issue parties are making it a brexit election. What's the solution if there isn't an election - cancel brexit using the power of being an opposition party?

What the flying fuck is he on about? What am I missing that Inderjot 'he's got a good grasp of the situation, his analysis is spot on' Singh can see?

Buelligan

I hope they hold the race on Pendine sands.

Horses for courses, innit Tone?

Replies From View

idunnosomename

can i say i was a bit on the hedge about ash sarkar at first but she's done some blinding media appearances in the last week. much creds or whatever kids give these days.

imitationleather

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 19, 2019, 11:56:09 PM
can i say i was a bit on the hedge about ash sarkar at first but she's done some blinding media appearances in the last week. much creds or whatever kids give these days.

I've been liking all the Novara crew lately. Their live-streamed podcast thing has been essential viewing for the missus and I.

NoSleep

greenman

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on September 19, 2019, 10:22:55 PM
Ignoring the fact that that camel quote is absolute bobbins, how is Corbyn's position of trying to unite leavers and remainers to take on the tories making it a 'brexit election'? Surely the single issue parties are making it a brexit election. What's the solution if there isn't an election - cancel brexit using the power of being an opposition party?

What the flying fuck is he on about? What am I missing that Inderjot 'he's got a good grasp of the situation, his analysis is spot on' Singh can see?

"I hate Corbyn, he breaks up families, turns wives against husbands, children against fathers, the hague against me"

One of the main tactics to make sure Brexit drowns out all other politics of course is to complain about the dominance of Brexit.

pigamus

"I'm not satisfied."

"I'm sorry?"

"I'm not satisfied."

"Well people like you never are, are you?"

pancreas

It's funny what happens when you get a load of gammons together and ask them if they agree with the Daily Mail.

Buelligan

I am not satisfied that people know how to resize images so that they're useful.  It's pretty simple, just change the first [img] around the address of your picture to [img width=600] or [img width=550].  Hope this helps.

the image size is appopriate for its content

Buelligan

Fine, but nobody can see it.  I guess that's appropriate.

Quote from: pancreas on September 20, 2019, 04:47:25 PM
It's funny what happens when you get a load of gammons together and ask them if they agree with the Daily Mail.

these are the worst figures ipsos has ever recorded

Buelligan

Excellent.  Let's see how those terrible figures translate into real life.

Dr Rock

Corbyn doesn't have to be popular, Labour's policies have to be better than the Tories. Not everyone thinks and votes that way, but those that don't tend to think Rees-Mogg is a charming curiosity and Nigel Farage is a man of he people who says it like it is.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts in February 2017

these are the worst figures ipsos has ever recorded

QuoteJune 2017

Jeremy Corbyn    
Labour    
Leader since    12 September 2015    
Leader's seat    Islington North    
Previous election    232 seats, 30.4%    
Seats won in this election    262    
Seat change    Increase30    
Popular vote    12,878,460    
Percentage    40.0%    
Swing    Increase 9.6%

It absolutely sucks to be you.

Replies From View

They've abandoned the vote on getting rid of Watson's role.

imitationleather

Quote from: Replies From View on September 21, 2019, 10:53:21 AM
They've abandoned the vote on getting rid of Watson's role.

Really? Oh God damn it.

greencalx

Sorry there's a different thread for this now.