Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:08:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 24: OUR party, people!

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 02, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Its Lord Iannucci now, i'll have you know

NoSleep

Quote from: colacentral on July 11, 2019, 12:49:02 AM
He's just retweeted Tom Watson saying he's "shocked," "appalled," and "chilled" by Panorama.

Tom Mills, the author of the book, The BBC: Myth of a Public Service has apparently been talking at various meeting organised by CLPs around the country. A friend of mine from Peckham went to one of these meetings and the most important nugget he took away from this is that Tom Watson, who in the past has been the scourge of the media (e.g. Levenson) and who's actually in charge of calling the media out on behalf of Labour has become completely acquiescent toward the BBC et al and their anti-Labour propaganda since Corbyn became leader. At the very least he should be relieved of these duties.

BlodwynPig

But he's chilled about Panorama, probably something he imbibed at Glasto, or the weird diet pills he's been scoffing

thugler

This isn't even the first bbc smear 'documentary'. Both have been absolute jokes that don't stand up to the slightest scrutiny.

Edit: why are labour mp's refusing to criticise this thing? Parts of it are just bare faced lies or distortions, the rest anecdotes which cannot be verified. We really are fucked.

Jockice

Quote from: KennyMonster on July 11, 2019, 05:54:05 AM
R4 headlines this morning start with quotes from Watson and Lord Falconer saying how shocked and dismayed they were about the program, the news reader then followed up with Labour's official statement that the show was politically biased and misrepresented the situation - and that was it, no examples or details were given, just a line saying Labour disagreed, the detail was for those who agreed with Panorama.

I haven't seen Panorama yet but it sounds like a complete misrepresentation judging by the this Labour have stated as being uncorrected and doctored evidence etc.
Jackie Walker was saying that the doc mentioned her meeting with someone who she'd never met before, didn't even know who this person talking about her was.

It sounds like there's a ton wrong with the documentary with lots of it just fabricated and I really worry the damage has been done and anti-Corbynites are having a field day and democracy is being throughly subverted.

Also recently (last Monday) the BBC Complaints upheld someone's complaint that Nick Robinson had misinformed everyone in his statement about Jackie Walker when using Chris Williamson's support of her as evidence that he was an anti semite, basically the complaints dept upholding the complaint meant that Robinson's portrayal of Williamson had nothing to back it up.

All very well and good except no retraction from Robinson and on the same day the compliant was upheld Emma Barnett on a 5Live show was repeating the same claims.

The damage has been done and they're getting away with it.

I can only hope that it turns out that no one's actually watching or listening anymore.

Oh and Luciana Berger was on BBC Breakfast, with her views totally unchallenged. Now there's a surprise.

KennyMonster

Quote from: KennyMonster on July 11, 2019, 05:54:05 AM
R4 headlines this morning start with quotes from Watson and Lord Falconer saying how shocked and dismayed they were about the program, the news reader then followed up with Labour's official statement that the show was politically biased and misrepresented the situation - and that was it, no examples or details were given, just a line saying Labour disagreed, the detail was for those who agreed with Panorama.

I haven't seen Panorama yet but it sounds like a complete misrepresentation judging by the this Labour have stated as being uncorrected and doctored evidence etc.
Jackie Walker was saying that the doc mentioned her meeting with someone who she'd never met before, didn't even know who this person talking about her was.

It sounds like there's a ton wrong with the documentary with lots of it just fabricated and I really worry the damage has been done and anti-Corbynites are having a field day and democracy is being throughly subverted.

Also recently (last Monday) the BBC Complaints upheld someone's complaint that Nick Robinson had misinformed everyone in his statement about Jackie Walker when using Chris Williamson's support of her as evidence that he was an anti semite, basically the complaints dept upholding the complaint meant that Robinson's portrayal of Williamson had nothing to back it up.

All very well and good except no retraction from Robinson and on the same day the compliant was upheld Emma Barnett on a 5Live show was repeating the same claims.

On top of this there is the selective choosing of which poll to report on, ic it shows Labour in the lead its not to be highlighted.

The damage has been done and they're getting away with it.

I can only hope that it turns out that no one's actually watching or listening anymore.

To be fair Nick Robinson is responding to the fact that the complaint about his reporting has been upheld.
His response is that Jackie Walker was suspended for AS 'and maybe you should watch tonights Panorama' before questioning him again.

The BBC doesn't do unbiased journalism, it just parrots those who have views it agrees with.

Thefact that menaces are used to obtain its subscription fees* makes it basically a mafia style organisation in my eyes if it is going to abandon its commitment to impartiality.

*Yes I know its not strictly true and TV licensing is a separate company.

BlodwynPig

I may be objectively wrong about 83% of things, but on the BBC my gut instinct has been proven BANG ON

idunnosomename

Tom Watson's gone on Today now to completely slam the party which is apparently full of nothing but anti-semites

he really really really needs to fuck off

BlodwynPig

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 11, 2019, 08:14:35 AM
Tom Watson's gone on Today now to completely slam the party which is apparently full of nothing but anti-semites

he really really really needs to fuck off

Deputy Leader

thugler

They're completely happy to throw the election!

Buelligan

I've only watched 40 seconds of the programme so far to note that it opens up with a soft-lit and pastel-lipsticked Ella Rose talking, in a slightly broken voice about how she feels threatened as a Jewish person and how she's been the victim of antisemitism within the Labour Party.  Poor Ella. 

Here she is covertly filmed talking about how she could physically attack Jackie Walker, a fellow Jew, using Krav Maga.

Quote from: WikipediaLike most martial arts, Krav Maga encourages students to avoid physical confrontation. If this is impossible or unsafe, it promotes finishing a fight as quickly and aggressively as possible. Attacks are aimed at the most vulnerable parts of the body, and training is not limited to techniques that avoid severe injury; some even permanently injure or cause death to the opponent.

Poor little Ella.

Not worried about this documentary if what it's shown me so far is the level of its revelations.  Reminds me of the mindblowing BBC programme Labour, the summer that changed everything.  A damp squib that will end up showing the bias in the media and in those working against Corbyn as much as anything and very quickly forgotten.

Oh, and here's Ella wearing that "zionist shitlord" tshirt

Context is useful

thugler

Unfortunately bueliigan, I don't agree with you there, it'll be death by a thousand cuts. Just now on the radio (5), when it was pointed out that the documentary was a load of lies, the presenter just pivots to the other smears we all know so well 'what about the mural? What about calling hamas friends?' The actual substance of these things will never be got to as as soon as the truth of one is explained, another is presented and there isn't enough time in the world to cover it all.

Election coming up and they are desperate to lose it.

Buelligan

Now up to minute 8 where Izzy Lenga, the other woman pictured with Ella Rose in the "zionist shitlord" tshirt gives her damning testimony.

holyzombiejesus

Why is the 'lord' bit so badly photoshopped out of those Zionist Shitlord photos?

Buelligan

NoSleep

Is JC a satirical publication? That's hilarious.

thugler

Looks like coup No.2 or possibly 3.

Buelligan

Owen Smith, the Voice of the People.  Is he, we know he is not, it's already been put to the test.

I think it would be useful if a FOI request to the Labour Party was made, asking for the numbers of complaints of antisemitism, by members of the Labour Party, made by each individual complainant.  And clarification on the number of complaints that were found to be about people not in the Labour Party.

Based on the repeat performances of people like Ella Rose, I have a strange feeling that the alleged enormous upswing in number of complaints may not simply be evidence of an enormous upswing in offences but may be evidence of an enormous upswing in a few individuals, like Margaret Hodge, making numerous complaints.  I think this needs to be clarified.

Jerzy Bondov

Trump people don't care when he's accused of anything up to and including complicity in child rape. Meanwhile we're supposed to wring our hands over whatever this is now. Why don't we all just go into Trump supporter mode? Seems to get decent results.

colacentral

Is there no way to replace Watson as deputy? Why has Corbyn been subject to two leadership challenges, winning both by a big margin, while one of his biggest critics has got to sit in there causing maximum disruption with no consequences the whole time? Is there a term on him or something at least? He'd get demolished in a fresh vote.

Danger Man

It's probably better to have him inside the (Glastonbury) tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

Replies From View

Quote from: Danger Man on July 11, 2019, 10:34:51 AM
It's probably better to have him inside the (Glastonbury) tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

Especially if he gets it caught in the zip.

jobotic

Endless parade of Labour MPs on the Guardian feed tweeting how horrified they are. Look there's Jess Phillips at the top.

We are in the middle of a far-right coup and the only way to prevent it is a Labour government and these wankers will do anything to stop that. They're as guilty a Johnson and Farage.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: jobotic on July 11, 2019, 11:45:00 AM
Endless parade of Labour MPs on the Guardian feed tweeting how horrified they are. Look there's Jess Phillips at the top.

We are in the middle of a far-right coup and the only way to prevent it is a Labour government and these wankers will do anything to stop that. They're as guilty a Johnson and Farage.

Let me guess, you could use the LFI supporters page as a bingo card.

Gerald Fjord

This is fucking nuts, isn't it? I mean, imagine for a minute entertaining the notion that Jeremy Sodding Corbyn, of all people, whatever your politics, is the new Hitler because he retweeted support for that mural and has been historically critical of Israel. Imagine thinking the words "Jeremy Corbyn has done more to inflame antisemitism than any political figure since the Second World War" then writing them down. Imagine reading those words and nodding your head.

And for all that some of this is engaged with cynically and propagated by people who know they have an ulterior motive, the vast majority, I would think, is people who have allowed their instinctive dislike of Corbyn or else the slow accumulation of negative stories around him to lead them to genuinely hold a position which is utterly divorced from reality.