Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:08:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 24: OUR party, people!

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 02, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Total bollocks that could have just been solely imagined by someone sat on their own having done no research or inquiries whatsoever.

QuoteMcDonnell is seen as being far more sympathetic to demands for a second referendum than Corbyn, who is the subject of growing speculation that he is preparing to stand down, with loyalists claiming he is "ready to pack it all in" and is struggling under the "incredible pressure".

Meanwhile I've just seen him looking very energetic during his response the Kurdish situation.

Great loyalists there.

olliebean

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 13, 2019, 07:22:25 PM
Total bollocks that could have just been solely imagined by someone sat on their own having done no research or inquiries whatsoever.

Yes, that's how it came across to me frankly. Just any slightest thing that they can grab onto and start talking about a coup in the party. I should think John McDonnell is pretty much the least likely person to instigate one against Corbyn.

Kelvin

Yeah, I'm sure their are tensions between them, but McDonnell doesn't strike me as the sort of person who would put his own career/leadership ambitions ahead of a lifelong ally like Corbyn - certainly not at a time when things are already at such a crucial tipping point. That kind of story probably says more about the writer's view on politics than it does about McDonnell and Corbyn.

Zetetic

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/10/13/exclusive-the-moment-and-real-reason-karie-murphy-lost-her-loto-position/

(The link is not intended as an endorsement. "Total bollocks that could have just been solely imagined by someone sat on their own having done no research or inquiries whatsoever." applies equally well here.)

pigamus

Trying to drive a wedge between Corbyn and McDonnell only really works if they push the idea that McDonnell is scheming to usurp Corbyn and take over. Given he's said "I'm standing down if we don't win and a woman should take over", it's a non-starter.

TrenterPercenter

Yep it is clearly all propaganda noise to try and scare activists away from the campaigning.  Lefty twitter bods should know better.

All par for the course with this media setup at the moment.  Everything will change this week just watch, the Brexit clock has run out.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: olliebean on October 13, 2019, 07:08:12 PM
Full text of the article:

(retrieved with the aid of the Firefox "Bypass Paywall" extension)

Many thanks. I agree it looks like total bollocks.

Buelligan

My feeling has been for a very long time that John McDonnell is the obvious successor to lovely Jez, should something terrible befall.  I didn't mention it simply because it was obvious, to me anyway, that he appeared to be hiding in plain sight, someone who would and could reliably carry forward the work that Corbyn has begun, should events overtake us in some way.  And there was no value in drawing attention to that.

I noticed how Corbyn was focused on, taking hit after smearing hit, with the AS and all the other bullshit lies and yet, in their arrogance, they virtually ignored John McD.  I think, they were simply so targeted on Jez, they just couldn't see him. I assumed that both John and Jeremy were fully aware and saw this as an advantage, preserving John to continue the battle if the worst should befall.

I assume that these cunts have now woken up to this and are try to pull down McDonnell too.  Why would any of us trust a couple of unsourced screeds in the press over all the good faith John McDonnell has shown over his entire and long life? 

greencalx

The McDonnell stuff is obvs BS designed to make it look like that even Corbyn's allies are turning against him.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Buelligan on October 14, 2019, 05:31:50 AM
I noticed how Corbyn was focused on, taking hit after smearing hit, with the AS and all the other bullshit lies and yet, in their arrogance, they virtually ignored John McD.  I think, they were simply so targeted on Jez, they just couldn't see him. I assumed that both John and Jeremy were fully aware and saw this as an advantage, preserving John to continue the battle if the worst should befall.

That would be more applicable to the Irish republican smears.  J McD dodged the AS allegations largely because he came out against Corbyn (in a way) and didn't fall for the trap.  All that happened again here is a silly interview with Campbell who was hoping that J McD would say Corbyn would stay on after defeat and therefore show how undemocratic and dictatoresque Corbyn is, then when this failed he asked about him, as he could then he could be Corbyn's Brutus, which he sidestepped again by not being in the running either.

So Cambell then span it another way...........that Corbyn is standing down after the election coz he's ad enough and he should go now before anyway.

Spin, spin, spin it is called that because it is reactive to what is said, it makes lies or mistruths off the cuff as the information comes in.  It is an angle, a frame attached to what someone actually says to change its meaning or push a narrative that you are 'spinning' to.

Spinning allows the magician to do his act right in front of your eyes so you are more likely to believe it is real.

Zetetic

Corbyn isn't everyone who works in his office, it might be noted.

Decent summary of Welsh Government's ( and by extension Welsh Labours's, broadly) vague suggestions regarding the UK:
https://seneddhome.com/2019/10/how-the-welsh-government-wants-to-reform-the-uk/

Buelligan

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on October 14, 2019, 09:39:32 AM
That would be more applicable to the Irish republican smears.  J McD dodged the AS allegations largely because he came out against Corbyn (in a way) and didn't fall for the trap.  All that happened again here is a silly interview with Campbell who was hoping that J McD would say Corbyn would stay on after defeat and therefore show how undemocratic and dictatoresque Corbyn is, then when this failed he asked about him, as he could then he could be Corbyn's Brutus, which he sidestepped again by not being in the running either.

So Cambell then span it another way...........that Corbyn is standing down after the election coz he's ad enough and he should go now before anyway.

Spin, spin, spin it is called that because it is reactive to what is said, it makes lies or mistruths off the cuff as the information comes in.  It is an angle, a frame attached to what someone actually says to change its meaning or push a narrative that you are 'spinning' to.

Spinning allows the magician to do his act right in front of your eyes so you are more likely to believe it is real.

I tend to judge people on who they are when it doesn't matter, spin doesn't work awfully well on me and John McDonnell is one of the very few people I don't know personally who I can honestly say I trust.   Trust is something I take seriously.

BlodwynPig

holyzombiejesus

Any ideas for thread #25 titles?

BlodwynPig

McDonnell 25: Onward Christian Soldiers

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Buelligan on October 14, 2019, 10:18:21 AM
I tend to judge people on who they are when it doesn't matter, spin doesn't work awfully well on me and John McDonnell is one of the very few people I don't know personally who I can honestly say I trust.   Trust is something I take seriously.

Yes I like John McDonnell and I also listened to the whole interview he gave.  Which was good and I didn't think at anytime he was mounting a soft coup.

I have also put myself in the habit that if something comes to like that seems to nicely dovetail with the desires of people I dislike and see as political enemies then I scrutinise them more keenly.  There appears many loyal lefties on twitter that appear to be falling for all of this......however this is indicative of the different views of Brexit within the party.

pancreas

Phil_A

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Santa Corbs 25: Soubryquet

Corbyn 25: Nice manifesto, Seamus did the sums

Corbyn 25: Jezstation Complete

Corbyn 25: Bienvenue a Quislington Nord

Corbyn 25: Swin a song of sick centrists, a crock full of why

Corbyn: Manifesto 18-25

Corbyn 25: Extinction Rebellion

Corbyn 25: Labournsraum