Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:13:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 24: OUR party, people!

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 02, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

I think Tom Watson is actually inside the tent, pissing in everyone's faces while they're trying to have a sensible discussion about poverty in the UK. I'd prefer he were outside. We might be able to deflect a little of the piss if someone were prepared to hold the tent flaps.

Rizla

Well I was on the fence re Corbyn but I just watched Panorama and the doomy music and grainy serial killer close ups that made him look like fucking Palpatine, contrasted with the kind soft-focus establishing shots of the poor young victims of AS with nice music, have swayed me. The man is worse than three Hitlers and must be stopped at all costs.

Buelligan

Quote from: pancreas on July 11, 2019, 11:58:57 AM
I think Tom Watson is actually inside the tent, pissing in everyone's faces while they're trying to have a sensible discussion about poverty in the UK. I'd prefer he were outside. We might be able to deflect a little of the piss if someone were prepared to hold the tent flaps.

Me too.  Sign it.  Share it.

phantom_power

Still nothing on the BBC News main page

EOLAN

Quote from: thugler on July 11, 2019, 07:33:11 AM
This isn't even the first bbc smear 'documentary'. Both have been absolute jokes that don't stand up to the slightest scrutiny.

Edit: why are labour mp's refusing to criticise this thing? Parts of it are just bare faced lies or distortions, the rest anecdotes which cannot be verified. We really are fucked.

My memory may be slightly off. But I am certain that the BBC 'documentary' when Corbyn looked set to become leader of the Labour compared to the one when when Theresa May became Tory leader and hence Prime Minister were obscenely different. The Corbyn one focusing on all his past issues and the threat he poses and why we should be wary of him.
The Theresa May was worshipful in its portray of May. Profiling her rise up through the ranks and talking softly of her progress and no significant critique of her policies and barely a mention that she portrayed herself as the Brexit candidate when she had 'softly' supported remain in the campaign. It may as well have finished with her gloriously running through fields of wheat smiling with the children of Great Britain happily worshipping her in some of sort of Julie Andrews from Sound of Music montage.

Replies From View

Quote from: pancreas on July 11, 2019, 11:58:57 AM

Jess Philips would volunteer to hold the tent flaps and then deliberately let the piss in, so don't pick her for the task.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Replies From View on July 11, 2019, 12:18:37 PM
Jess Philips would volunteer to hold the tent flaps and then deliberately let the piss in, so don't pick her for the task.
Is this a sex thing?

jobotic

See I don't want to dismiss this person's experiences but unless I've missed something I can't see an actual rel example of the anti-semitism she witnessed and Corbyn encourages.

Labour antisemitism whistleblower: 'In 30 years I'll be very proud of myself'

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/jul/11/labour-whistleblower-in-30-years-ill-be-very-proud-of-myself?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Dr Rock

Quote from: jobotic on July 11, 2019, 01:26:11 PM
See I don't want to dismiss this person's experiences but unless I've missed something I can't see an actual rel example of the anti-semitism she witnessed and Corbyn encourages.

Labour antisemitism whistleblower: 'In 30 years I'll be very proud of myself'

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/jul/11/labour-whistleblower-in-30-years-ill-be-very-proud-of-myself?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Quote"People I was working with would show me antisemitic things on their screens and I'd flinch – and then it was deemed not antisemitism or at least the sanctions were lessened to a warning or a reminder of conduct, which means nothing," she said.

EXAMPLES! Describe some! Because the likely answer is they were anti-Israel, and posted probably from before Corbyn's time too, though reported after. I'm only going by the few examples they have ever shown us.

lipsink

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 11, 2019, 01:53:35 PM
EXAMPLES! Describe some! Because the likely answer is they were anti-Israel, and posted probably from before Corbyn's time too, though reported after. I'm only going by the few examples they have ever shown us.

See, then if you ask for evidence then the reply might be "You don't get to decide what is or isn't antisemitic! You should just believe a person when they say they've been harassed!"

We should believe there's institutional antisemitic abuse widespread in the party because I've said so and if you ask for evidence then you're the problem. Corbyn must go.

Endicott

To which you can reply that you're not asking to be the arbiter, but that you demand transparency about the accusations.

Replies From View

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 11, 2019, 12:29:42 PM
Is this a sex thing?

No idea what she's playing at, to be honest.  Could be a sex thing I suppose.

Twed

Had a scary thought this morning. When if Corbyn started dressing up in black and calling himself "Terror Me Cauldron"? It's a possibility an informed voter should have on their radar.

Funcrusher

This is essentially the modern day equivalent of the Harold Wilson is a soviet agent stuff in the 70's. The reach and effectiveness of the British establishment in snuffing out threats to itself remains as chilling as ever.

phantom_power

Imagine if Corbyn got caught doing one of the racist things many hundreds of Tory MPs seem to do every week. There would be carnage. Imagine him doing a funny little hat version of Johnson's "letterbox" comment.

pancreas

Complained to the BBC. Try to do it under 'Factual Error'. They don't seem to take 'Bias' complaints at all seriously.

jobotic

Quote from: phantom_power on July 11, 2019, 02:49:04 PM
Imagine if Corbyn got caught doing one of the racist things many hundreds of Tory MPs seem to do every week. There would be carnage. Imagine him doing a funny little hat version of Johnson's "letterbox" comment.

Imagine him agreeing that there should be an inquiry into antisemitism in the Labour Party and then backtracking when a survey of Labour Party members shows that the majority of them think Judaism isn't compatible with British life and that they wouldn't accept a Jew as PM.

Buelligan

Meanwhile,

QuoteBBC director general warns against 'assault on truth'

The BBC's director general has warned that the world is facing "the biggest assault on truth since the 1930s".

Speaking at the Global Conference For Media Freedom in London, Tony Hall said: "An assault on truth is an assault on democracy."

He compared the spread of fake news to propaganda used by the Nazi party in the build-up to the Second World War.

"All those who believe in integrity in news must work together to turn the tide," he said.

He told the conference: "We need to reassert the core principles of good journalism like never before. In a sea of disinformation and partisan reporting, we need to stand up for independence, impartiality, and reporting without fear or favour."

He added: "I'm determined that we use that unique reach and trusted voice to lead the way - to create a global alliance for integrity in news."

Imagine that.

Replies From View

QuoteHe compared [insert fashion of the hour] to the Nazi party in the build-up to the Second World War.

Quote from: jobotic on July 11, 2019, 03:26:29 PM
Imagine him agreeing that there should be an inquiry into antisemitism in the Labour Party and then backtracking when a survey of Labour Party members shows that the majority of them think Judaism isn't compatible with British life and that they wouldn't accept a Jew as PM.

Imagine him and Dianne Abbott deporting Jews who have lived here for 50 years as part of their 'Hostile to Jews environment' policies. Having to sack her and then re-appointing her a couple of months later after the dust had settled.

Dr Rock

That fucking mural in full

The only part of the mural the BBC let you see:

BlodwynPig

Those slave keeping old white business men are no friends of mine. How about you Jess and Tom and BBC

idunnosomename

Do the Tories have the confidence of the Islamic community? No of course it doesnt matter because they are brown.

If a Muslim makes himself good by making lots of money and has a good power stance maybe it's fine for him to be PM though.

ads82

It's not been a great day to be Corbyn supporter reading CIF but this comment was on the money and though I don't agree with everything, it's one of the best analysis of the situation I've read.

https://discussion.theguardian.com/comment-permalink/130967874

Hopefully the link works.

Twit 2

Good comment. Basically the default position for any rational sane person, although I assume most are too defeated and jaded to type it all out. The level of propaganda we're living through right now is truly disturbing. When/where's it going to fucking end?

Paul Calf

It'll end when Corbyn (and McDonnell and Milne and Gardiner and everyone else in that circle) has been removed as a threat.

It's been so relentless that I can't see their ever backing down on this.

Hundhoon

last year Nancy Pelosi the second most powerful person in Washington gave a speech to AIPAC where she said, 'if Washington crumbles to the ground, the last thing standing will be our support for Israel'....LOL.

a country of 8 million with a smaller population than New York or London  has that much influence over America.

Fuck mother Britian, fuck France fuck Germany its Israel. a country 99 percent of Americans dont give a shit about.

its just interesting,.LOL

phantom_power

Still nothing on the BBC website. This doesn't seem to be having the effect they hoped it would

Quote from: Hundhoon on July 12, 2019, 02:15:35 AM
last year Nancy Pelosi the second most powerful person in Washington gave a speech to AIPAC where she said, 'if Washington crumbles to the ground, the last thing standing will be our support for Israel'....LOL.

a country of 8 million with a smaller population than New York or London  has that much influence over America.

Fuck mother Britian, fuck France fuck Germany its Israel. a country 99 percent of Americans dont give a shit about.

I dont really understand why though?  Why the fanatical support?

its just interesting,.LOL

Why the fanatical support for Israel?