Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:58:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 24: OUR party, people!

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 02, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on July 12, 2019, 08:37:03 AM
Why the fanatical support for Israel?

Why are you trying to stir this?  Everyone here knows exactly where you stand.

lipsink

Quote from: ads82 on July 11, 2019, 10:42:36 PM
It's not been a great day to be Corbyn supporter reading CIF but this comment was on the money and though I don't agree with everything, it's one of the best analysis of the situation I've read.

https://discussion.theguardian.com/comment-permalink/130967874

Hopefully the link works.

What was the comment? It seems to have been updated now with a bit about BoJo.

NoSleep

Quote from: lipsink on July 12, 2019, 09:37:22 AM
What was the comment? It seems to have been updated now with a bit about BoJo.

It worked for me; after a few seconds the link flips down to:

Quote from: PlightOfSisyphusThe ad hominem attacks on the incessant smear campaigns against Jeremy Corbyn and Labour in its current reincarnation are nothing but a thinly veiled attack and a desperate attempt to stop the recalibration of the political landscape in this country. One in which the political spectrum has been skewed so far to the right over the last four decades, that any potential re-alignment to the left (and from their perspective it would truly be the far-left!) is a nightmare scenario that would entail the loss of so much control that they have diligently, and surreptitiously gained in that time frame. Foremost amongst these is control of the media, tax evasion, and the gutting of public services and utilities.

That is why smearing Corbyn in itself is not enough, they also vehemently attach any Labour parliamentarian who is working to bring Labour back to its roots; whilst operating a revolving door policy and granting an open platform to the remnants of the Blairite era to attack their colleagues. This is guerilla warfare by the media (and New Labour insiders) trying to pick them off one by one until a return to the centre Right ground is achieved.

The most troubling aspect of it all, is that most people, including many well-educated people are falling for these blindingly obvious smoke and mirror tactics. And most ironically of all, is that they are utilising that tactic made famous by that most pernicious of Communists; none other than Vladimir Lenin himself, who coined the phrase, "a lie told often enough becomes the truth."

They know full well Corbyn is not racist/anti-semitic, they are fully cognizant of the fact that Labour has the cleanest record compared to the other main parties when it comes to such matters as racism; but it matter not one iota. Try as you may to fight their smear campaign with facts, such the report by the Media Reform Coalition into the matter (which highlights the prejudice and inaccuracies pertaining to the anti-semitism-gate), and they will shut you down immediately (thanks for the repeated deleted pots Guardian!)
If this was about media impartiality, then one would think they would have started off with the relatively easier, and much clearer target that is the right wing membership of the Conservative party; or even more critically, they would have probed the irrefutably racists remarks of our Prime Minister in waiting. But no, obviously, the clear and present danger right now is not the warring ultra-right factions of the Conservative Party dragging the country down with them to the abyss; or the mad, irresponsible compulsive liar who is about to be handed the reins of power; or the clear majority of racists residing within the Conservative Party membership; but rather, it is the 0.1% membership of labour that are deemed to have uttered some anti-Semitic remarks at some point in time. That is of course not saying that these should be ignored, as that would obviously be rather hypocritical and morally repugnant (in fact, any such persons should be ejected immediately should it be proven that they have an anti-Semitic or racist strain).

They also have managed to paint this as a fight for Labour's soul. A fight between the ultra-Left / Trotskyist/Maoist/Stalinist faction seeking to take over the party and turn us into another Venezuela, and those of the more enlightened, gentle, liberal variety seeking to keep it on centre ground. It is nothing of the sort! It is merely a hope for many of us to witness - for the first time in our lives - a genuine participatory democracy that works for all of us and puts people before profits.

I am not the greatest fan of Corbyn as a Leader myself; he is too old, not a great orator, uncharismatic, and far too naïve within the corridors of power. But one thing I know! Is that he is a genuine, likeable, demure and a vehement anti-racist (and his record speaks for itself). I would be happy if somebody more forceful and charismatic takes over, but only, AND I MEAN only, if such a person promotes the same vision for a better more egalitarian society that looks after its people (you know, as they have in huge swathes across Communist Europe), rather than being another in-it-for-him/herself careerist politician who perpetuates the status quo.

But of course, if that is the case, then they will be subject to the same character assassination campaign by the brazen media and their paymasters (Guardian included!)

After all, if they manage to skew the narrative so much that we now have many people believing that a life-long anti-racists was actually racist all along; and if that is how they will play this game, then I ask you this, what bloody hope does the next fella / gal have!

Inspector Norse

Quote from: NoSleep on July 12, 2019, 09:41:24 AM

Thanks, wasn't working for me either. A very good summary of the situation I thought (although the first sentence should surely say "and" rather than "on"?).

NoSleep

Inspector Norse

Yeah, I didn't think you'd typed the whole thing out word for word but I can't reply directly to the writer! I just meant that that error changes the meaning of the post.

NoSleep

And yet, somehow, you were able to derive the intended meaning. And you've yet to comment on "attach".

Inspector Norse

Yes, BUT. It was an observation is all.

NoSleep

Everybody is surely thankful for you noticing it.

Sebastian Cobb

Has anyone considered that it's the centrist fanning the flames of antisemitism is what's making jewish labour supporters feel unwelcome or uncomfortable. Incidents of antisemitism seem to be down, but fear of antisemitism is almost certainly up.

lipsink

Quote from: NoSleep on July 12, 2019, 09:41:24 AM

Thanks. Great comment.

Buelligan

Yes, thanks, didn't work for me either.  It is a great comment and very heartening to have confirmed the thing that we already know, there are huge numbers of people out there thinking exactly this and the more of us that say so, the better.

Pdine

Imagine if Dr Watson had acted like Tom Watson.

ZoyzaSorris

Imagine if Owen Smith had acted like Owen Jones

phantom_power

Imagine if Owen Smith had been Doctor Who instead of Matt Smith

<emails Week Ending>

Pdine

Inspector Norse

Quote from: phantom_power on July 12, 2019, 11:02:33 AM
Imagine if Owen Smith had been Doctor Who instead of Matt Smith

Imagine if Doctor Who had been Deputy Leader instead of Tom Watson.

ZoyzaSorris

With pathetic Chicken Coup v2.959 feelings knocking around I had a read through a bunch of clippings I collated around the time of v1.0, one CiF comment I enjoyed re-reading was something along the lines of 'Britain's motorways are clogged with the new BMWs of people like Owen Smith'.

Whenever all this relentless banana republic establishment psyop propaganda stuff gets you down, just imagine another world where the likes of watson, smith, cooper and smeeth are still in full control of the labour party. Ensuring there is no alternative. Keeping Maggie's flame burning. And once you've picked yourself back off the floor and stopped vomiting, remember that we are very lucky to have something worth fighting for, worth this level of establishment fear and bile. Get into your workplaces, family dinners and bars and start telling dickheads they are talking shit.

phantom_power

Imagine if pop svengali Tom Watkins was Deputy Leader of the Labour party

KennyMonster

Quote from: Buelligan on July 12, 2019, 08:42:16 AM
Why are you trying to stir this?  Everyone here knows exactly where you stand.

Perhaps someone forgot which name they'd log in as before posting?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Inspector Norse on July 12, 2019, 09:49:00 AM
Thanks, wasn't working for me either. A very good summary of the situation I thought (although the first sentence should surely say "and" rather than "on"?).

I'm sure someone on here posted pretty much that in recent days/weeks

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 12, 2019, 10:22:34 AM
Has anyone considered that it's the centrist fanning the flames of antisemitism is what's making jewish labour supporters feel unwelcome or uncomfortable. Incidents of antisemitism seem to be down, but fear of antisemitism is almost certainly up.

Reds under the bed

NoSleep

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on July 12, 2019, 11:05:43 AMWhenever all this relentless banana republic establishment psyop propaganda stuff gets you down, just imagine another world where the likes of watson, smith, cooper and smeeth are still in full control of the labour party. Ensuring there is no alternative. Keeping Maggie's flame burning. And once you've picked yourself back off the floor and stopped vomiting, remember that we are very lucky to have something worth fighting for, worth this level of establishment fear and bile. Get into your workplaces, family dinners and bars and start telling dickheads they are talking shit.

This.

BlodwynPig

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on July 12, 2019, 11:05:43 AM
With pathetic Chicken Coup v2.959 feelings knocking around I had a read through a bunch of clippings I collated around the time of v1.0, one CiF comment I enjoyed re-reading was something along the lines of 'Britain's motorways are clogged with the new BMWs of people like Owen Smith'.

Whenever all this relentless banana republic establishment psyop propaganda stuff gets you down, just imagine another world where the likes of watson, smith, cooper and smeeth are still in full control of the labour party. Ensuring there is no alternative. Keeping Maggie's flame burning. And once you've picked yourself back off the floor and stopped vomiting, remember that we are very lucky to have something worth fighting for, worth this level of establishment fear and bile. Get into your workplaces, family dinners and bars and start telling dickheads they are talking shit.

I can't let it cheer me up because of the likelihood of their constant undermining working and them citing a return to the left a failed experiment that must never be repeated.

imitationleather

Tom Watson's character makes me sick, and so it seems fitting that it is situated within his bizarre baggy and sagging formerly-fat face all wobbling about as he feigns legitimate concern about Panorama's latest hatchet job, which was essentially an extended political broadcast for his wing of the party.

It is completely fine to insult the looks of politicians, by the way.

NoSleep

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 12, 2019, 11:12:17 AM
I can't let it cheer me up because of the likelihood of their constant undermining working and them citing a return to the left a failed experiment that must never be repeated.

It would have to be given a chance to be repeated.

Buelligan

If you can't let it cheer you up, let it make you energetic.  Use that energy to fight back positively.

We all need to remember that countless generations of people have lived and died, struggling, under the boot of oppression and exploitation.  This is not idle rhetoric.

It would be marvelous if our generation could be the one to end it but whatever steps we make, let them be progressive.  Let us never give up, ever.  Not just for ourselves but for those to come.  Fight on and never fucking bow.

ZoyzaSorris

Facing down one of the most entrenched and powerful elites the world has seen, not just in this country but in the US and its other vassals, was never going to be a walk in the park. They are lashing out so wildly because there is a genuine threat for the first time in many decades.

NoSleep

That means you've already taken their side.