Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:06:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 24: OUR party, people!

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 02, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

It was a lovely bottle of wine.

Paul Calf

And you're annoying a Lib Dem. Got to be doing something right.

pancreas

Nothing like a good Bordeaux and a rousing speech by the Corbz. A marvellous outing spoilt only by the lack of provision of toasted crumpets drenched in échiré butter.

BlodwynPig

They had those in the Ken Livingstone Memorial Tent

pancreas

Oh! that I hadn't refused to go in for insistence on maintaining solidarity with Jews.

Phil_A

Just found out a local screening of the 2003 documentary Jeremy Hardy vs The Israeli Army (hosted by Amnesty) was pulled from the venue at the last minute because of complaints about "antisemitism."

They're really working overtime to crush dissenting voices, aren't they.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Phil_A on July 13, 2019, 08:48:40 PM
Just found out a local screening of the 2003 documentary Jeremy Hardy vs The Israeli Army (hosted by Amnesty) was pulled from the venue at the last minute because of complaints about "antisemitism."

They're really working overtime to crush dissenting voices, aren't they.

On the plus side it's led me to checking it out!

Actually, gonna have very little internet for a few weeks in a bit, anyone wanna swamp me with the names of some half decent documentaries on Palestine stuff to download in advance?

Absorb the anus burn

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/labours-tom-watson-branded-f-18206315

Labour's Tom Watson branded a 'fucking disgrace' by Unite boss Len McCluskey.

Edit to say:

Look at the fucking 'G' this evening:

BlodwynPig

jobotic

The Guardian is particularly vile today, au pairs aside. One third of voters think the party have a serious problem with antisemitism. YEAH COS YOU FUCKING TOLD THEM THAT.

holyzombiejesus

The 'whistleblowers' suing the party have the same lawyer as Rachel Riley. Funny that.

Buelligan

Thanks for the lovely pics, Blods.  I was breaking rocks in the hot sun between 3 and 4pm, thinking all the time of you lucky ones being in Durham at the Gala.  Great banner pic.  Thank you.

I have an amazing feeling btw.  I just feel that Labour is going to win very soon now and it's making me so fucking positive, I just found a stranger's credit card for them that they'd been looking for all day and I just went, whoaah.  There.  That's how incredibly positive this is making me.  It's going to happen.

gib

Never seen so many white people etc

jobotic

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 13, 2019, 10:24:08 PM
The 'whistleblowers' suing the party have the same lawyer as Rachel Riley. Funny that.

Who, like Watson, seemed to do good work at the time of Leveson. What goes on?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Buelligan on July 13, 2019, 10:48:32 PMI was breaking rocks in the hot sun between 3 and 4pm...

Why, out of interest?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: gib on July 13, 2019, 10:49:58 PM
Never seen so many white people etc

Loads of non-whites, fyi, even some non-white ex-miners

Danger Man

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 13, 2019, 11:03:22 PM
Loads of non-whites, fyi, even some non-white ex-miners

That was just coal on their faces

Buelligan

Quote from: jobotic on July 13, 2019, 10:53:19 PM
Who, like Watson, seemed to do good work at the time of Leveson. What goes on?

He doesn't sound like a very nice man to me.  https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Mark_Lewis

Nor someone that it would be wise to discuss here, I'm thinking.

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on July 13, 2019, 10:58:48 PM
Why, out of interest?

I think you know why.

Reparations in kind to Mark Lewis.

jobotic

No, you're quite right. I was a bit silly there.

peanutbutter

Dunno if anyone else has noticed this, but what I've usually found whenever I click on a thread relating to Labour on Twitter or Facebook I would be greeted by a cavalcade of extremely critical replies from anti-Corbyn types (usually there'd be a fair few with profiles that are heavily just pro-Israel content too, but not the top ones for whatever reason).
Last few days there seems to be a lot more of a pro-Corbyn slot in the highest ranked replies. Maybe it's just a minor shift of people who were previously wary of clicking like on a pro-Corbyn response feeling pissed off enough to do so that it has just totally skewed the algorithms but.... I dunno, it's weird.

Phil_A

Dead Ringers were getting in on the offensive today as well, via some fuck-awful sketch about Louis Theroux investigating "the cult of Corbyn", which not only managed to directly equate criticism of Israel with antisemitism, but also ended on a crap punchline about Ed Milliband escaping in the boot of Louis' car ("Chukka told me what it was like on the outside") - and then they make a joke about bacon sandwiches! You remember, the very same dog-whistle used to attack Milliband through his Jewishness. Fucking hypocritical morons.

There will of course be no criticism of Chukka or any of the Independent Group/Change UK mob, because that would just be beyond the pale wouldn't it. Now let's have some more sketches about Trump saying his words all wrong.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Phil_A on July 14, 2019, 12:07:18 AM
Dead Ringers were getting in on the offensive today as well, via some fuck-awful sketch about Louis Theroux investigating "the cult of Corbyn", which not only managed to directly equate criticism of Israel with antisemitism, but also ended on a crap punchline about Ed Milliband escaping in the boot of Louis' car ("Chukka told me what it was like on the outside") - and then they make a joke about bacon sandwiches! You remember, the very same dog-whistle used to attack Milliband through his Jewishness. Fucking hypocritical morons.

There will of course be no criticism of Chukka or any of the Independent Group/Change UK mob, because that would just be beyond the pale wouldn't it. Now let's have some more sketches about Trump saying his words all wrong.

https://twitter.com/simonmaginn/status/1102136131418816512?s=09

8. Comedy is a key battleground. Once an issue has become the subject of TV comedy, it becomes cemented as 'true' in people's minds. Your issue will gain far greater reach through TV comedy than any other route.

9. So give comedians material. Give them caricatures of reality, exaggerated characteristics. Comedians, like your media ambassadors, will be eager to be recruited if they can 'make material' out of your issue.

Blumf

Quote from: Phil_A on July 14, 2019, 12:07:18 AM
There will of course be no criticism of Chukka or any of the Independent Group/Change UK mob, because that would just be beyond the pale wouldn't it.

In fairness, good comedy shouldn't punch down.

holyzombiejesus

Does anyone have any faith that the EHRC enquiry will clear us? I think it's still going to take a year so hopefully it'll be after a general election but it would be nice if they came out and called it all as bullshit.

Also, I'm not sure how twitter works but if someone has been subjected to (antisemitic) abuse, would it be visible on their 'tweets and replies'? It's just that when certain anti-Corbyn Jews go on about the abuse they've received after making certain tweets, there are none visible on their timelines.

Zetetic

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 14, 2019, 11:33:27 AM
Also, I'm not sure how twitter works but if someone has been subjected to (antisemitic) abuse, would it be visible on their 'tweets and replies'?

No. That shows the tweets and replies made by that user.

(Hence why everything on it is by that user - with the exception of 'retweets', where that user is taking someone else's tweet and echoing it.)

Edit: I think that TweetDeck might let you see what another user sees (other than DMs, locked accounts etc).

sponk

I watched half of the Panorama and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's conveniently easy to throw the baby out with the bathwater because it was presented by a former Sun journalist, but there was a lot of stuff I found difficult to dismiss.

Armando has obviously been retweeting a lot of comments, some of which are bollocks, others are harder to disagree with.

Zetetic

The last one isn't in reference to to this issue. Why are you pretending that it is?

sponk

I thought Armando was implying that it could have been about Farage or Corbyn by sandwhiching it between tweets about Labour and their reaction to Panorama. That's the impression I got when I was scrolling down his TL before reading the subtweet. I also wondered if certain people here would invoke Godwin's law thinking the comparison was to Corbyn, then roll back on it when it was revealed it was about Farage. Thanks for ruining my plan.

Replies From View

Quote from: sponk on July 14, 2019, 12:32:16 PM
some of which are bollocks, others are harder to disagree with.

Why not share some that are hard to disagree with?

RDRR

What kind of stupid nazi can't even spell sandwich, or its present participle sandwidging