Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:07:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 24: OUR party, people!

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 02, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

Pidcock was on fire yesterday. A shame that Blodders sabotaged our train journey and we missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1APSxZfNss&feature=youtu.be

TrenterPercenter

Pidcock is awesome, funny how she doesn't get the same attention as our Jess...

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on July 14, 2019, 02:13:12 PM
Pidcock was on fire yesterday. A shame that Blodders sabotaged our train journey and we missed it.

What was that about the blame game? Even if we'd got the correct train we would have missed this thanks to your debauched lie-in.

pcsjwgm

This doesn't look good for Panorama.

Johnny Beggs
11 July at 16:05 ·
Former Labour Party investigator caught lying in BBC Panorama interview.

Last night's Panorama 'investigation' was a hotch-potch of lies and unattributed quotes, all overlain with sinister B-movie music. It was clearly an attempt to stitch up Jeremy Corbyn.

We listened here in Liverpool very carefully. Our Riverside constituency was put in special measures in 2016, and investigated by an antisemitism 'expert', Ben Westerman.

Mr Westerman featured on the programme, and claimed that he had been asked during one of the six interviews he conducted here if he came from Israel. He implied that this was antisemitic.

Mr Westerman is not telling the truth.

No-one knew Mr Westerman was Jewish, and no-one asked him about coming from Israel. He is attempting to use his Jewishness to smear another (Jewish!) Party member.

It is a provable lie because all the interviews were recorded by us.

The transcript of the conversation with an elderly Jewish comrade, who was acting as the interviewee's silent friend, goes like this. The initials R signifies the interviewee's Silent Friend, present at the interview.

Ben W: (To R) Ok. Do you want to...?
R: No, I'm just curious cos I haven't been in the Labour Party for very long and I certainly haven't been to anything like this informal interview before, erm, so I'm just curious, just, like what branch are you in?
Ben W: I don't think that's relevant.
R: Oh, ok.
Ben W: I hope that's ok -, I'm sorry I just don't think, I don't think where I'm from is at all relevant to the investigation... [NOTE He hasn't been asked 'where he's from', he'd been asked what branch he is in - Johnny Beggs]
R: Yeah, I just, I just misunderstood, I thought the investigation bit about me not being a silent witness was...
Ben W: No, no it is, you're more than welcome to ask questions, but I reserve the right to not answer them and I feel that's a, that's a question about my personal situation which I don't think is relevant to the situation in Riverside.
R: Oh. No, it might not be. Just but, it might be interesting.
Ben W: I'm, I'm not prepared to discuss my, my address, basically. [NOTE: He had not been asked for his address! - Johnny Beggs]
R: Mmm. [EXTRACT ENDS]

After a few more brief sentences from the interviewee (also Jewish) the exchange ended. Nothing was said after the interview, as was claimed by Mr Westerman on PANORAMA.

In the PANORAMA programme Mr Westerman claims he was asked "Where are you from?" As the transcript shows, he was actually asked about his branch affiliation. Mr Westerman looks VERY SORRY FOR HIMSELF, hurt and near to tears, and goes on to say, speaking of himself, "You are assumed to be in cahoots with the Israeli government...it's this obsession that spills over all the time into antisemitism."

So, by enquiring about Mr Westerman's branch affiliation, the elderly (Jewish!) Party member was deemed to be implying Mr Westerman was "in cahoots with the Israeli government", and therefore antisemitic!

Neither the interviewee or her silent friend had any idea Mr Westerman was Jewish - and neither would have deemed it relevant.

Both the interviewee and her silent friend referenced their own Jewish heritage during the interview. Mr Westerman did not.

None of the six Riverside members interviewed by Mr Westerman knew of his Jewish heritage - it was not relevant in any case.

Mr Westerman's Jewishness only becomes relevant when he tries to use it for political purposes. He now claims that not only did one of us know of his heritage, but that this comrade implied he was working on behalf of Israel - simply because she posed an innocent question enquiring about his Party branch affiliation.

How far does this distortion and misrepresentation spread through the Panorama 'investigation'?

NOTE The recordings of the six interviews will be made available shortly.
https://www.facebook.com/1082334418/posts/10218672113368968?sfns=mo

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: sponk on July 14, 2019, 12:40:11 PM
I thought Armando was implying that it could have been about Farage or Corbyn by sandwhiching it between tweets about Labour and their reaction to Panorama. That's the impression I got when I was scrolling down his TL before reading the subtweet. I also wondered if certain people here would invoke Godwin's law thinking the comparison was to Corbyn, then roll back on it when it was revealed it was about Farage. Thanks for ruining my plan.

Nice try, mate. We know what your agenda is. Fuck off.

imitationleather

I got to Durham Miners' Gala at 8.30am yesterday and had breakfast with me mam at the Marriott where she was staying. She kept seeing Shami Chakrabarti in the loos. Probably doing coke. (My mum and Shami.) Dennis Skinner and Ken Loach were in there too. Skinner was recognisable because he had that one suit he owns on.

Got sunburnt watching all the bands and banners, Clive. Rocking the full strawberry look today. Great day out.

king_tubby

I'm afraid to say that the Durham Miners Gala is now anti-Semitic.

Jockice

Quote from: imitationleather on July 14, 2019, 04:31:47 PM
I got to Durham Miners' Gala at 8.30am yesterday and had breakfast with me mam at the Marriott where she was staying. She kept seeing Shami Chakrabarti in the loos. Probably doing coke. (My mum and Shami.) Dennis Skinner and Ken Loach were in there too. Skinner was recognisable because he had that one suit he owns on.

Got sunburnt watching all the bands and banners, Clive. Rocking the full strawberry look today. Great day out.

A mate of mine saw Ken Loach in Costa. Probably doing coffee.

Paul Calf

I thought Armando was implying that it could have been about Farage or Corbyn by sandwhiching it between tweets about Labour and their reaction to Panorama. That's the impression I got when I was scrolling down his TL before reading the subtweet. I also wondered if certain people here would invoke Godwin's law thinking the comparison was to Corbyn, then roll back on it when it was revealed it was about Farage. Thanks for ruining my plan.

Always nice to see a duplicitous shitbag foiled.

sponk

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: imitationleather on July 14, 2019, 04:31:47 PM
She kept seeing Shami Chakrabarti in the loos. Probably doing coke. (My mum and Shami.) Dennis Skinner and Ken Loach were in there too.

This is what's heartwarming about gender neutral toilets.

Johnny Yesno

I didn't realise until reading that thread that Riley had defended Dankula's Hitler pug video as just being a 'bad taste' joke. Ever had the feeling you're having your chain pulled?

Fabian Thomsett

sponk

Luckily, in the interest of BALANCE I've found an even more mental response:

Quoteactually am staggered at how violently racist this is on SO MANY LEVELS, have you lost the plot completely?!

sponk

Think this one wins though. Should probably feel bad for laughing so hard:

QuoteJewish music was played during death marches from Auschwitz to Birkenau, to calm those who didn't realize what they were marching towards. Eerie.

Dr Rock

Quote from: jobotic on July 13, 2019, 10:13:20 PM
The Guardian is particularly vile today, au pairs aside. One third of voters think the party have a serious problem with antisemitism. YEAH COS YOU FUCKING TOLD THEM THAT.

Won't that be the third that vote Tory/hate Labour just saying it?

Funcrusher

Quote from: jobotic on July 13, 2019, 10:13:20 PM
The Guardian is particularly vile today, au pairs aside. One third of voters think the party have a serious problem with antisemitism. YEAH COS YOU FUCKING TOLD THEM THAT.

If only you'd listened to me! Still, good to have you on board.

Fambo Number Mive

Galloway has tweeted he is "considering standing against #TomWatson as a #Brexit #Independent candidate at the next General Election"

sponk

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 14, 2019, 07:42:42 PM
Galloway has tweeted he is "considering standing against #TomWatson as a #Brexit #Independent candidate at the next General Election"

He talks a lot of absolute bollocks, but it would be interesting to see this. Seems like he's the ideal candidate for a few people here.

king_tubby

Quote from: sponk on July 14, 2019, 07:47:01 PM
Seems like he's the ideal candidate for a few people here.

Name them.

holyzombiejesus

Is it worth having a separate thread for the antisemitism stuff?

royce coolidge

You are a very unwelcome shit stain on this forum.

Buelligan

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 14, 2019, 07:44:37 PM
That's fucking beautiful.

It made me cry a little tear of pride, what a woman!  By fuck we must stand fast, speak up and never waver. 

Replies From View

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 14, 2019, 10:27:17 PM
Is it worth having a separate thread for the antisemitism stuff?

We already have one I think.  Somewhere.

pancreas

Oh no, don't necropost that, it's full of TFM.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: pancreas on July 14, 2019, 02:13:12 PM

I just want to echo that this is an excellent speech.

jobotic

Quote from: Funcrusher on July 14, 2019, 07:28:18 PM
If only you'd listened to me! Still, good to have you on board.

I've never been uncritical of the Guardian, that was always your caricature of me. But, you know, cheers.

The fact that it is often very good, (and the only mainstream newspaper that is) at exposing the shit that the Tories and their friends get up to, but never stop smearing and vilifying the only alternative, is a great shame.

Always hated £500 t-shirt/let's buy another gite lifestyle features.