Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:12:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 24: OUR party, people!

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 02, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

To be fair, 30 grand will get you one of Savile's bungalows in Scarborough with money to spare

kittens

that's twice my current salary for just fucking about on the internet. seriously considering this one. if i start posting a load of propaganda please pretend you didn't read this post.

sponk

Wouldn't be surprised if the job doesn't exist and GCHQ are just trolling. Putting out the idea that they do hire people to do that seems like a pretty good misinformation tool to wrong foot their enemies.

Gerald Fjord

kremlin must be shitting themselves after seeing that ad

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on July 04, 2019, 12:39:15 PM

Seems fake or written by a 23 year old maggot

"What we are really looking for is people..."

is people, people!

Gerald Fjord

it's a strange choice you present.

Buelligan

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on July 04, 2019, 12:39:15 PM

Actually we are very relaxed about the whole thing. Yes, indeed.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on July 04, 2019, 12:46:30 PM
it's a strange choice you present.

OK, seems fake or written by an incompetent intern.

Blumf

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 04, 2019, 12:41:49 PM
"What we are really looking for is people..."

Send them a box of Soylent Green

Gerald Fjord

Seems legit to me. Hits the right level of slef-defeatingly overt euphemism you tend to find in these kind of job ads.

TrenterPercenter

Will put this in here.  I was speaking to a group of friends that whilst all Labour supporters, are getting fractious about the brexit and Corbyns leadership.

This is pertinent to the new highly selective headlines about Labour polling at 20%.  Funny how they don't do the rest of the analysis...

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/homepage.html

This is the latest and most accurate projection for a GE. The figures suggest a coalition for Labour, one which would command a majority in Parliament of 371 (Libs, SNP, PlaidC and Green) with a membership and general political arithmetic of about 5% (20 seats) of MPs being pro-Brexit (remember this as it will become important later).

Tories EVEN IF they went into a coalition with the BP and DUP (again) can only manage a voting block (which wouldn't be as pro-Brexit as a LAB-Coalition would be pro-Remain) of 271 max.

What this means:

Even if all parties refused to support Labour in a coalition and LAB conceded government to the Tories there would still be a voting block of 80 MPs (remember the 20) against Brexit, not the paltry 5-12 Tory MPs that sometimes rebel and sometimes don't.

This is rosey. As if you are pro-Remain you will actually have a pro-Remain parliament that is willing to stop Brexit not a Tory party anxious about voting against Brexit for fear of the the BP

FAQs

But Boris is going to take us out of the EU before this would happen?

Possible but completely out of anyones control.  No one can do anything about someone dissolving parliament like a dictator, last person that did it ended up with his head cut off.

This is irrelevant to Labour they cannot do anything about this in fact the only thing they can do it precipitate a general election and remove any would be dictator.

But if Labour pushed for second referendum then that would stop Boris doing such a mad thing?

Why? If anything it makes his case for doing so stronger as he will say parliament is looking to subvert the will of the people with a 2nd ref so he subverted them.

The other problem of cause with this the maths at the moment as it requires Tories to vote for it and over several attempts and they are not willing to do it.

But why does John McDonnell et al worry themselves now then?

Because they are trying to sit on both sides of the divide for the moment so the Tories finish the job of driving their car into a wall.  They are however  trying to show they care it is a wink, a collective wink including Corbyn.

But why doesn't the press report it that way then?

Because they are cunts and whilst they don't want Brexit they really don't want a Labour government.  They have been doing this for 3 years plus now.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on July 04, 2019, 02:15:49 PM
Seems legit to me. Hits the right level of slef-defeatingly overt euphemism you tend to find in these kind of job ads.

Absolutely. I don't know what anyone who thinks it is fake was expecting.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 04, 2019, 02:39:10 PM
Absolutely. I don't know what anyone who thinks it is fake was expecting.

You got the job, already!

Johnny Yesno

Johnny Yesno

So there's still nothing in the msm about Jeremy Cunt's Auschwitz comment. There's a very misleading article in the JC (which also, interestingly, carries this article about the premier of Katie Hopkins's 'documentary').

Otherwise, it's mostly the small leftwing news sites. This thread about Jewish people who have received unwarranted accusations of antisemitism, which is linked to in the Canary article, is worth a look.

Buelligan

kittens is fifty times the man that you are (and then some).  His cycling alone has sustained many here through the darkest of days, what have you ever done for another human, let alone anyone here?  You should completely fuck off if you want my opinion.  Even if you don't.

Danger Man

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on July 04, 2019, 02:23:59 PM
This is the latest and most accurate projection for a GE. The figures suggest a coalition for Labour, one which would command a majority in Parliament of 371 (Libs, SNP, PlaidC and Green) with a membership and general political arithmetic of about 5% (20 seats) of MPs being pro-Brexit (remember this as it will become important later).

Until the LibDems form another coalition with the Tories....

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Danger Man on July 04, 2019, 11:14:50 PM
Until the LibDems form another coalition with the Tories....

Wouldn't that involve the tories going Remain, though?

Paul Calf

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 04, 2019, 11:31:31 PM
Wouldn't that involve the tories going Remain, though?

Or the Lib Dems, distracted shiny coins and the expensive clunk of limo doors, suddenly forget about their staunch remain position. Which is more likely?

kittens

after that personal attack, i now have the power to have paulie walnuts banned. give me £100 and i will report the post to moderator. this may be your only chance!

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 04, 2019, 11:36:22 PM
Or the Lib Dems, distracted shiny coins and the expensive clunk of limo doors, suddenly forget about their staunch remain position. Which is more likely?

Wouldn't that mean they'd lose most of their voters, though, given that their remain position is what brought them back from the dead?

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on July 04, 2019, 11:04:07 PM

fucking looser

Paulie posting from the loo again while trying to drop a deuce?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 05, 2019, 02:29:03 AM
Wouldn't that mean they'd lose most of their voters, though, given that their remain position is what brought them back from the dead?

Their voters are just as distracted by baubles

Paul Calf

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 05, 2019, 02:29:03 AM

Yes, but that happened last time and their electorate came back to them again eventually

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 05, 2019, 07:30:51 AM
Yes, but that happened last time and their electorate came back to them again eventually

Maybe I should have added the beginning of the conversation which included me calling the Lib Dems a bunch of beige cunts trying to be down with the kids by putting a swears on their t-shirt (and therefore letting the BP off for turning their backs).

This was met with "at least they are doing something to stop this cluster fuck"

It was at this point I tried to remind them that this is the Lib Dems; A retirement home for Tories that no longer have the stomach to kill anymore, the middle management team of Satan's baby eating factory and that they will happily fly the plane into the mountain side by deceit or incompetence as long as the catering was done by M&S.

This did not go down well.

BlodwynPig

Please furnish us with how it didnt go down well.