Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:02:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 24: OUR party, people!

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 02, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
On this day

QuoteThe Hyde Park and Regent's Park bombings occurred on 20 July 1982 in London. Members of the Provisional Irish Republican Army (IRA) detonated two bombs during British military ceremonies in Hyde Park and Regent's Park, both in central London.

The explosions killed 11 military personnel: four soldiers of the Blues & Royals at Hyde Park, and seven bandsmen of the Royal Green Jackets at Regent's Park. Seven of the Blues & Royals' horses also died in the attack.

Quote"It's about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle. It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table.
John McDonnell, 2003

BlodwynPig

kalowski

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on July 20, 2019, 07:04:59 PM
On this day
John McDonnell, 2003
It's only when are brave boys bomb and kill innocent civilians in Iraq that it's OK to honour bombs and bullets, isn't it?

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 20, 2019, 03:36:58 PM
Busted. Can you fuck off now please?

I was replying to the dude who had quoted my post.

Absorb the anus burn

Fambo Number Mive

I see Polly Toynbee has an article critical of Corbyn in the Guardian. Haven't read it.

ZoyzaSorris

Toynbee criticising Corbyn in the Guardian, you say? Well there's a surprising thought.

Sebastian Cobb

Stella Creasey tries to use a fire and twitter to score cheap political points only for it to backfire with John Mcdonald piping up to set the record straight, in amongst the many pelters.

https://twitter.com/stellacreasy/status/1153240421205716992?s=19

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 22, 2019, 06:33:14 PM
Stella Creasey tries to use a fire and twitter to score cheap political points only for it to backfire with John Mcdonald piping up to set the record straight, in amongst the many pelters.

https://twitter.com/stellacreasy/status/1153240421205716992?s=19

Qué SERA, Stella?

Johnny Yesno

Aaron Bastani discusses what kind of people took out that £18,000 Graun ad:

Why are Labour's Lords Attacking Jeremy Corbyn?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rhahkDoLho

Definitely worth 16 1/2 minutes of your time.

pancreas

Bastani does seem to be the best of the Novara lot. Sarkar thinks she's so woke, it's painful.

Cuellar

Didn't Bastani send all those 'anonymous' cards to MPs threatening them with deselection?

king_tubby

Quote from: pancreas on July 22, 2019, 08:47:43 PM
Bastani does seem to be the best of the Novara lot. Sarkar thinks she's so woke, it's painful.

Other way round for me. Bastani peaked tweeting his abs, Ash is tons better.

ZoyzaSorris

They are all both great and a bit annoying over that way. Glad they exist but a bit student politics. Give way too much credence to the anti-semitism scam. Think I prefer Bastani though, like our Pancs.

king_tubby

pigamus

So... Galloway's going to stand against Tom Watson. Does this mean I have to root for George Galloway? I'd rather not if I don't have to.

king_tubby

bgmnts

I have to believe the majority of Jewish people are exhausted by this. Jewish people that aren't Tories either.

They can't be reading the Jewish Chronicle whilst having their Jewish breakfast and drinking their Jewish orange juice etc.

pancreas

Quote from: pigamus on July 22, 2019, 10:13:12 PM
So... Galloway's going to stand against Tom Watson. Does this mean I have to root for George Galloway? I'd rather not if I don't have to.

Watson or Galloway or Conservative??? I think Galloway, tbh.

king_tubby

NO.

Yorkshire Party standing? Or WEP?

ZoyzaSorris

Hopefully we can deselect the twat somehow.

pancreas

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on July 22, 2019, 10:32:45 PM

Appaz his CLP are as bad as him.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on July 22, 2019, 10:32:45 PM

can we deselect him into the moon?

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: pancreas on July 22, 2019, 10:41:53 PM
Appaz his CLP are as bad as him.

Really? Must be some decent normal members there that just need organising and rousing from their slumber surely?

pancreas

BlodwynPig

ZoyzaSorris

Quite heartening to read the endless torrent of anti-Swinson tweets in response though, some from actual Greens.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: pancreas on July 22, 2019, 11:08:01 PM
YES LET'S VOTE GREEN SHALL WE

https://twitter.com/CarolineLucas/status/1153333701104885760?s=20

Brexit has fucked her up something rotten.

They're going to greenwash the Lib Dems, aren't they? Right before the Lib Dems go into another coalition with the tories. From that thread:

Paul Calf

Interesting that the Lib-Dems appoint an ultra-Tory leader just as a possible GE approaches, in which they might need some electoral support.

Total stitch-up.