Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:43:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 24: OUR party, people!

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 02, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

How have we not learnt?

I know humans repeat their on mistakes but fuck me this soon?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 22, 2019, 11:30:47 PM
Interesting that the Lib-Dems appoint an ultra-Tory leader just as a possible GE approaches, in which they might need some electoral support.

Total stitch-up.

Corbyn's pincered

Paul Calf

Yeah. Has to be an outright majority or the blue and yellow shitbags will take it again.

pigamus

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/22/labour-threat-boris-johnson-jeremy-corbyn-new-labour

"Jeremy Corbyn's support among Labour members has collapsed..."

Oh shit! Has it?

"The 56% continuing to back Corbyn into the next battle is not a vast reduction from the 61.8% who supported him against Owen Smith's challenge in 2016."

??!!?!?!

BlodwynPig

Pincered.

The Guardian is a threat to society.
The LibDems are a danger to this country.

Who'd a thunk it not 25 years ago.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 22, 2019, 08:05:12 PM
Aaron Bastani discusses what kind of people took out that £18,000 Graun ad:

Why are Labour's Lords Attacking Jeremy Corbyn?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rhahkDoLho

Definitely worth 16 1/2 minutes of your time.

That was excellent, thanks.

Paul Calf

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 23, 2019, 08:37:51 AM
Pincered.

The Guardian is a threat to society.
The LibDems are a danger to this country.

Who'd a thunk it not 25 years ago.

I've been thinking about this: will the Lib Dems really go into coalition with a Tory Party whose essential mission is totally at odds with what seems to be the only popular policy they have, and which has become their only selling point?

pancreas

A good point. Can't fault it. 10/10.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 23, 2019, 08:46:42 AM
I've been thinking about this: will the Lib Dems really go into coalition with a Tory Party whose essential mission is totally at odds with what seems to be the only popular policy they have, and which has become their only selling point?

I'd like to see them try.

Absorb the anus burn

Of course, Swinson's Libdems would do business with the Tories! Fuck any principles.

pancreas

They'd have to insist on a srcond ref. Tories would insist no deal on the ballot. I don't see how that would resolve.

king_tubby

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 22, 2019, 11:27:34 PM
They're going to greenwash the Lib Dems, aren't they? Right before the Lib Dems go into another coalition with the tories. From that thread:

Can't see the pic currently but it'd be interesting to see how they green-wash Fracking Jo Swinson.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 23, 2019, 08:46:42 AM

Well, that's what I thought, but then I'd swear it was you who convinced me that they would by pointing out that the click of limousine doors will make them forget all their election promises. Like it did before. That and Cable unapologetically claiming that the Lib Dems were a moderating force in the Con Dem government.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: king_tubby on July 23, 2019, 09:12:08 AM
Can't see the pic currently but it'd be interesting to see how they green-wash Fracking Jo Swinson.

One of the three images is a screengrab of her voting record on the environment, which was posted in that twitter thread by someone making the point about fracking. Unfortunately, Lucas has already started the process by endorsing Swinson's strong woman Remain credentials. I thought Lucas was smarter than that.

Cuellar

Still, good news about the higher plane ticket tax.

greencalx

Has anyone asked Lucas about Swinson's environmental record?

NoSleep

Quote from: Cuellar on July 23, 2019, 10:39:38 AM
Still, good news about the higher plane ticket tax.

Who needs tickets to higher planes?

Paul Calf

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 23, 2019, 10:35:11 AM
Well, that's what I thought, but then I'd swear it was you who convinced me that they would by pointing out that the click of limousine doors will make them forget all their election promises. Like it did before. That and Cable unapologetically claiming that the Lib Dems were a moderating force in the Con Dem government.

Yeah, the question was semi-rhetorical. If I had to bet the house on it, I'd bet on them going in. They've hardly been punished for their last bout of lying, self-serving, elitist duplicity so I don't see what would stop them.

NoSleep

Did the LibDems sign some kind of contract with the Tories for the coalition? Could they not have bargained for better by threatening to abandon the coalition?

Cuellar

pancreas

Quote from: greencalx on July 23, 2019, 10:40:03 AM
Has anyone asked Lucas about Swinson's environmental record?

On Twitter, yes, *everybody*, except FBPEs.

Paul Calf

Looks as if The Greens are for sale too.

pancreas

The way she was cavorting with Clunge UK was enough to set alarm bells ringing. Brexit has clearly fucked her up.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on July 23, 2019, 10:57:26 AM
On Twitter, yes, *everybody*, except FBPEs.

And how did this noble bastion of democracy respond?

pancreas

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on July 23, 2019, 12:11:55 PM
didnt

goodbye sweet princess, you sold your soul for a dose of the madness juice, you can go build your 7th runway now

Replies From View

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: NoSleep on July 23, 2019, 10:43:31 AM
Who needs tickets to higher planes?

I've never heard blotters called that before, but since you're offering, yes please.

NoSleep

It doesn't need a ticket or a bed. And everything is smelling sweeter than a rose.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: NoSleep on July 23, 2019, 12:41:13 PM
It doesn't need a ticket or a bed. And everything is smelling sweeter than a rose.

Sure. Can I have one?