Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,351
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:51:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 24: OUR party, people!

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 02, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

I think it's over now. I think it's ending.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: NoSleep on July 23, 2019, 01:04:36 PM
I think it's over now. I think it's ending.

Great. You'll be more in a position to go out and post those tickets. I am waiting with baited breath.

NoSleep

Johnny Yesno

NoSleep

Paul Calf

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 23, 2019, 12:31:51 PM
I've never heard blotters called that before, but since you're offering, yes please.

Jaded Calfy only gets out of head for windowpanes these days.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: NoSleep on July 23, 2019, 01:36:02 PM
Don't hold* your breath.

*=bate

Arse. I am shamed.

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 23, 2019, 01:37:37 PM
Jaded Calfy only gets out of head for windowpanes these days.

Wow, do those still exist? I want to touch the sky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDwSW2xJuEI

NoSleep

Paul Calf

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 23, 2019, 02:07:48 PM
Arse. I am shamed.

Wow, do those still exist? I want to touch the sky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDwSW2xJuEI

Dunno. Haven't tripped for about 12 years now.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 23, 2019, 02:40:15 PM
Dunno. Haven't tripped for about 12 years now.

You said 'these days'. They must have been some good shit to affect your time perception so dramatically.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 23, 2019, 02:47:19 PM
You said 'these days'. They must have been some good shit to affect your time perception so dramatically.

Sorry, what was that? I was just noticing something about my hand.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 23, 2019, 02:48:15 PM
Sorry, what was that? I was just noticing something about my hand.

Finally, I understand this: https://twitter.com/lbc/status/1129009495991095297?lang=en

One of many confessions around that time.

Paul Calf

Yeah. Joanie was tripping balls.

NoSleep

Her path in life is evidence to the contrary.

Paul Calf

Nah, she's a Merry Prankster; a sleeper agent of chaos. She's just waiting for the right time to spike the Commons water supply with Ayahuasca.

holyzombiejesus

https://www.jaredomara.co.uk/recentactivity/2019/7/25/statement-regarding-my-mental-health-and-recent-events

He really sticks the boot in to Corbyn personally here and I'm hoping that the party can deny some fo the stuff he's coming out with. His mate who used his Twitter account to resign and post some pretty nasty stuff about him had posted that he wished it was Corbyn (or words to that affect) when Jo Cox was murdered so I wouldn't be incredulous if there was some tinkering with the facts going on. Pretty unedifying affair whatever.

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1154452449123622915?s=21

This is strong. These points need to just be hammered home over and over again in the weeks/months to come.

Paul Calf

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 25, 2019, 06:54:32 PM
https://www.jaredomara.co.uk/recentactivity/2019/7/25/statement-regarding-my-mental-health-and-recent-events

He really sticks the boot in to Corbyn personally here and I'm hoping that the party can deny some fo the stuff he's coming out with. His mate who used his Twitter account to resign and post some pretty nasty stuff about him had posted that he wished it was Corbyn (or words to that affect) when Jo Cox was murdered so I wouldn't be incredulous if there was some tinkering with the facts going on. Pretty unedifying affair whatever.

That's chilling. Shades of the Soviet show-confession.

Jockice

Ah yes, Jared. I knew this would come up. I don't know him personally but know quite a few people who do. And I wrote an article defending him in the local paper last year. He's a bit of an odd fish from what I've heard about him. I mean apart from being disabled, ginger and apparently autistic. Some people who have met him think he's a decent guy but others say he's an arrogant wanker and was before he became an MP. I have no reason to disbelieve either side.

I actually have some sympathy for him and think he actually did want to do some good and indeed might have done if someone (I suspect under the orders of Nick Clegg) hadn't made the decision to forensically examine his entire internet history and use some slightly dodgy comments from years ago - I've made dodgier ones today - to paint him as evil. The guy wasn't given a chance after that but it seems that he wanted and expected Corbyn to give him special treatment for behaviour that he was basically responsible for himself, even after he had left the party. The thing about him being outraged at not being replied to on a certain day is quite ironic, considering the number of cancellations he's made to appointments etc with his constituents. I suspect Jeremy is quite busy at the moment.

Sad situation all round anyway. But one thing's for sure. Sheffield Hallam will have a new MP fairly soon. I just hope he hasn't fucked it up for Labour there.

rue the polywhirl

Why is Jared O Mara 'taking time off politics'? He should have been manhandled out of it absolutely ages ago. Unfit for office in every conceivable way.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Jockice on July 25, 2019, 09:38:59 PM
But one thing's for sure. Sheffield Hallam will have a new MP fairly soon. I just hope he hasn't fucked it up for Labour there.

I thought it was telling that on Tuesday night when the 'friend' tweeted his resignation, lots of Lib Dems were immediately blaming Labour for this, despite him being an independent and it being prior to him stating how Corbyn hadn't supported him.

Suki Bapswent

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Jockice on July 25, 2019, 09:38:59 PMSad situation all round anyway. But one thing's for sure. Sheffield Hallam will have a new MP fairly soon. I just hope he hasn't fucked it up for Labour there.
Sheffield based friend of mine reckons it's nailed on to swing back to the Lib Dems, which isn't great when every seat could be crucial should there be a GE sometime soon.

Jockice

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on July 26, 2019, 07:50:40 AM
Sheffield based friend of mine reckons it's nailed on to swing back to the Lib Dems, which isn't great when every seat could be crucial should there be a GE sometime soon.

I know. It is pretty middle class and was a staunch Tory seat (the only one in Sheffield) until 1997 when the Lib Dems took it. Nobody (especially O'Mara) expected Labour to win it last time around and despite what's happened since I'll always savour the memory of Nick Clegg losing his seat. I was a Hallam constituent until they changed the boundaries a few years ago. I missed out by a few hundred metres, so I can't help much.

Incidentally, at the last General Election the official Labour Party didn't offer many (or any) resources towards fighting for the Hallam seat. Instead they wanted activists to go to Penistone and Stocksbridge (right at the other side of the city) to campaign for Angela Smith. Now of Change Independent PLC or whatever they're called nowadays. I made my excuses and didn't.

Jockice

'Jeremy and his office then offered me a meeting by letter and by my parents' observations I was visibly excited. Jeremy's office then promised to get in touch with me and offer a selection of dates on a certain day but did not fulfil their promise, so I emailed the next day and let my disgust at their disrespect be known.''

This bit. I wonder exactly how he expressed this disgust. I'm sure we've all written complaints while absolutely raging at something (I did earlier this week, after being fucked around over wheelchair repairs) and then looked back and thought: ''I'm glad I didn't post that straightaway. I could have put it a bit better and not come across as an entitled twat myself.' My betting is that Jared sent off his first draft.

Paul Calf

* Paul Calf Proudly displays Deputy Edit Glitch Removal Person badge

Suki Bapswent

Idolising a party leader should have been the first red flag as to his mental health.

In fairness, his statement was written from the perspective of somebody who can contextualise his actions through the lens of mental health in a way that may not have been transparent to anyone else. I doubt anyone on the front bench realised that his request to "get Equality into parliament" (whatever that means) was supposed to have been an "olive branch". That he didn't wait more than 24 hours before presumably letting loose didn't help him. He doesn't seem to have received the duty of care that was due to him, but he eventually confirms that Corbyn's office's initial interpretation of events was correct anyway, so yeah.

I hope the guy gets the help he needs.

TrenterPercenter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-x53laTay0

Anyone seen this yet.  At last someone on the left calling out JOB.