Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:05:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 24: OUR party, people!

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 02, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

Swinson's already said she'd go back in to coalition with the Tories.

NEW PAGE: NEW DANGER

BlodwynPig

Quote from: king_tubby on July 05, 2019, 08:21:25 AM
Swinson's already said she'd go back in to coalition with the Tories.

NEW PAGE: NEW DANGER

Citation needed (but I well believe it)

Cursus

And here:

QuoteLib Dem leadership hopeful Jo Swinson tells LBC she would not for a coalition government with a "Corbyn Labour Party."

The Scottish Liberal Democrat politician said that Jermy Corbyn was a "Brexiter," she said she could not see any other explanation for his "total reluctance to agree with what his party members are  urging him to do."

Ruling out a coalition with a Conservative Party led by either of the two Tory leadership hopefuls, Ms Swinson said Jeremy Corbyn seems "stuck in there" as the leader of the Labour Party.

Buelligan

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on July 05, 2019, 07:40:43 AM
Maybe I should have added the beginning of the conversation which included me calling the Lib Dems a bunch of beige cunts trying to be down with the kids by putting a swears on their t-shirt (and therefore letting the BP off for turning their backs).

In Europe, a lot of people who thought, having seen Britain rolling naked and pissed in the gutter, that ultimate depths had been reached, are now recalibrating their ideas on how low this nation, once respected at least for its measured reliability, is going to sink.  Now it's wanking and crying too.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cursus on July 05, 2019, 08:57:31 AM
And here:

All over the place

Pact with labour
Coalition with tories

which is it - I think there is some wilful obfuscation going on. Accusing Corbyn of doing the same. Rank hypocrisy. RANK

NoSleep

Could be that the LibDems are keeping their options open. I recall the press being vehemently against the idea of a coalition between the SNP and Labour during the 2015 GE. Any coalitions are best talked about only after an election.

Panbaams

Nice moment in the most recent HuffPost UK Commons People podcast where someone criticised "the four Ms" surrounding Jeremy Corbyn, and then no one in the room could name all four.

Buelligan

M25's the only one I know, and Mi5 and 6, fuck kno what the other one is though.  Is it manners?

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: Buelligan on July 05, 2019, 10:50:01 AM
M25's the only one I know, and Mi5 and 6, fuck kno what the other one is though.  Is it manners?

Peter Mandelson.
The Media.
Manhole Covers.
Mulberry Jam.

pancreas

Momentum
Milne
McDonnell
Miasma of right-wing cuntery.

Blumf

The peanut one, the chocolate one, the green one, and the brown one who is a lady.

KennyMonster

Quote from: Panbaams on July 05, 2019, 10:19:55 AM
Nice moment in the most recent HuffPost UK Commons People podcast where someone criticised "the four Ms" surrounding Jeremy Corbyn, and then no one in the room could name all four.

This sounds a bit like what appatantly happened on LBC yesterday according to Twitter.

Ian Payne kept on referring to Corbyn as dangerous because he was a Marxist.

Someone phoned in to ask what being a Marxist meant and the presenter couldn't reply, he didn't know anything about what the term meant.

KennyMonster

Quote from: Panbaams on July 05, 2019, 10:19:55 AM

M from off of the bond films
M who sang the song 'Pop Music' and wore a suit made out of CDs
M People who had a singer with pineapple hair and a bongoist called Shovel
M bop the song by Hanson.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: NoSleep on July 05, 2019, 10:08:15 AM
Could be that the LibDems are keeping their options open. I recall the press being vehemently against the idea of a coalition between the SNP and Labour during the 2015 GE. Any coalitions are best talked about only after an election.

Yes, those articles are pretty vague.

I get the point, though, that a lot of people voted for the Lib Dems before they knew they would go into coalition with the tories and because they painted themselves as more left leaning than Blairite Labour. It could be that their strategy is to appear more Remain than Labour this time in order to appeal to some of the same people.

ZoyzaSorris

Good of them to remind people that if you vote Lib Dem there's a fair chance you get the Tories though.

New folder

But still, all these words and things aside. I can't believe it, I can't believe that somebody like Chris Williamson -- somebody I predicted to be full-on smeared by the establishment years ago..... was actually smeared by the establishment.

And so much smearing...? Because...?  Because he's one of the good lefties that actually care. You can tell. If you pay enough attention, you will know. And one by one, one by one, the people who actually care are being smeared away.

Oh! What an amazing coincidence!

The most lefty. The most openly pro-Corbyn. The most anti-establishment. The most anti-smear. The most anti-anti-semitism... you can go on and on.

Why could I, just a normal public simpleton... why could I tell so easily... why could I tell who is next? Who is next on the antisemitism smear machine?

Fuck any cunt that even entertains the idea that Williamson is in any fucking way anti-semetic.

I love you Jezza... keep on keepin' on.

Blumf

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48887671
QuoteGordon Brown will call on Labour to automatically expel members for anti-Semitism if evidence is "irrefutable".

In a speech in London, Labour's former prime minister will also call for an independent appeals process to keep it separate from "Labour's hierarchy".

He will suggest appointing a minister to tackle the issue.

Well done Gordon! A meaningless call that just helps keep this bullshit story in the press.

Buelligan

He's an absolute swivel-eye toad.  Loathe the man almost more than Blair because he facilitated and supported the destruction of Labour, sat idly by whilst Scottish Labour rotted from within, hand-waved over Iraq and pretended not to notice the smell, of everyone, he was best placed, along with Mandy and Campbell, to do something to stop the madness but he did nowt, his only rebellion a long-running personal spat over when he'd get a chance at being the big dog.  All of this, just so's he could have a fucking turn.  What an irredeemable cunt.

jobotic

Expel members who are irrefutably racist? Hadn't thought of that. Cheers Gord.

What about MPs who hang out with racists? Hoey for example.

sponk

Quote from: New folder on July 06, 2019, 03:49:17 AM
But still, all these words and things aside. I can't believe it, I can't believe that somebody like Chris Williamson -- somebody I predicted to be full-on smeared by the establishment years ago..... was actually smeared by the establishment.

And so much smearing...? Because...?  Because he's one of the good lefties that actually care. You can tell. If you pay enough attention, you will know. And one by one, one by one, the people who actually care are being smeared away.

Oh! What an amazing coincidence!

The most lefty. The most openly pro-Corbyn. The most anti-establishment. The most anti-smear. The most anti-anti-semitism... you can go on and on.

Why could I, just a normal public simpleton... why could I tell so easily... why could I tell who is next? Who is next on the antisemitism smear machine?

Fuck any cunt that even entertains the idea that Williamson is in any fucking way anti-semetic.

I love you Jezza... keep on keepin' on.

Do you think Corbyn has stood by Williamson strongly throughout the smear campaign against him?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sponk on July 06, 2019, 12:47:30 PM
Do you think Corbyn has stood by Williamson strongly throughout the smear campaign against him?

I haven't heard anything from Corbyn for weeks/months.

Paul Calf

I wonder how advanced are the preparations to decide Corbyn's successor. It's going to need to be faced at some point.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 06, 2019, 01:01:32 PM
I wonder how advanced are the preparations to decide Corbyn's successor. It's going to need to be faced at some point.

Rumours are the 4 going for nomination are Jess, Tom, Rebecca and Margaret Hodge as the left-wing concession candidate!!

Replies From View

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 06, 2019, 01:01:32 PM

And I wonder who can be trusted to actually continue what Corbyn has started and not just take us back to where we were before.

So many people I assumed at first were good eggs have turned out not to be.  Candidates recommended by Momentum haven't always proven reliable.  Depressing.

sponk

Quote from: sponk on July 06, 2019, 12:47:30 PM

If you take the view that Williamson has been smeared then Corbyn hasn't done or said a thing to stand up for him.  And if Williamson is an anti-Semite then Corbyn hasn't done or said a thing to condemn him. Not a great look either way.

Danger Man

Quote from: Replies From View on July 06, 2019, 01:07:57 PM
And I wonder who can be trusted to actually continue what Corbyn has started and not just take us back to where we were before.

McDonnell

QuoteSo many people I assumed at first were good eggs have turned out not to be.  Candidates recommended by Momentum haven't always proven reliable.  Depressing.

I knew you'd get there in the end.

Buelligan

Quote from: sponk on July 06, 2019, 01:40:58 PM
If you take the view that Williamson has been smeared then Corbyn hasn't done or said a thing to stand up for him.  And if Williamson is an anti-Semite then Corbyn hasn't done or said a thing to condemn him. Not a great look either way.

Except that this isn't about Corbyn, is it?  It's about wiping out the stain of racism from the Labour Party and that must be done without fear or favour.  It would be entirely inappropriate for the leader to comment on individual investigations, wouldn't it?

Corbyn is obviously the best person to take over from Corbyn.  I'm looking forward very much to the day when a Corbyn-led Labour government takes power.  I hope it's very soon.

jobotic

Quote from: sponk on July 06, 2019, 01:40:58 PM

A perfect example of how the right wing smear campaign works against Corbyn. Proud to use anti-semitism in this way. Fucking shameful.

Buelligan

Absolutely.  As shameful as the appalling comments by Hunt.