Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Whoops

Started by Barry Admin, July 03, 2019, 10:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Went to let Jelly in yesterday, fell, been in hospital since, waiting on surgery. Bit of a nightmare.

The ambulance man had the attitude it was just a sprain, which meant no real pain relief, and having to hop out to the ambulance and up and down the fucking steps just to get to the stretcher. Anyway I'm going to be in for a week or two, and have only just got back online.

Can you just like stay calm and fairly pleasant with each other please? I've got admin reports here about some posts which seem nasty. I really don't want to have to be reading up long sagas like that at the minute.

Thanks. Just glad to have a charger again for my phone, what a fucking shit night being unable to sleep and pissing into bottles.

Lost Oliver

I've got a tin can in my car that I piss into every now and then. Much easier than a bottle.

Get well soon.

x

Fambo Number Mive

Sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you feel better soon.

Buelligan

Bloody hell Neil, was wondering where you were.  Very sorry to hear that you're injured (but more importantly, is Jelly OK?), hope it's sorted soon as.  Very best to you, as ever.

earl_sleek

Best wishes - hope you have a speedy recovery!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Get well soon bod. What's Jelly? I'm presuming it's some sort of pet. How the frig do you fall over opening a door? I've got some lovely Tramadol left over I could send you.

the

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 03, 2019, 10:50:10 AMwhat a fucking shit night being unable to sleep and pissing into bottles.

Quote from: sick as a pike on November 19, 2018, 12:08:45 PMA while back I was talking to a (now dry) alcoholic- he was telling me about his lowest period which amongst other things involved him mainly lying in bed, drunk, and urinating into cider bottles. Because he'd be either drunk or hungover there was a lot of pissy mess. Until one day he took a good look at himself and decided he needed to do something to turn his life around... "So I went out and bought a funnel."

GWS

alan nagsworth

Look after yourself buddy. Smoke a jazzy bifter and listen to some Blonde Redhead.

imitationleather

Sorry to hear about your fall.

Those wide-necked Lucozade bottles are the best.

NoSleep

Get well soon, Neil. Eat plenty of broccoli.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: imitationleather on July 03, 2019, 11:04:34 AM
Sorry to hear about your fall.

Those wide-necked Lucozade bottles are the best.

Don't assume his girth. He could possibly make do with a regular coke bottle size aperture.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Buelligan on July 03, 2019, 10:54:11 AM
Bloody hell Neil, was wondering where you were.  Very sorry to hear that you're injured (but more importantly, is Jelly OK?), hope it's sorted soon as.  Very best to you, as ever.

Thanks :-) I had a lovely birthday on Saturday, managed a quick cycle on Monday so figured I was ready to get back to that slowly now, and get a wee gym membership for the rest time in years. Now it's all this. It's a nasty break, the three options are all shit, either I get big nails going right down my leg, a plate, or a big frame. The big frame was ruled out immediately, way too much fucking about cleaning the thing every day for like 8 months, and no trousers or jeans.

Jelly is a bit of a nightmare but my Mum and Sis are gonna help and I'll hopefully get out as soon as possible.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on July 03, 2019, 10:56:10 AM
Get well soon bod. What's Jelly? I'm presuming it's some sort of pet. How the frig do you fall over opening a door? I've got some lovely Tramadol left over I could send you.

This wee man here:

Re: tramadol, I could sell the stuff! But did come round from an armful of ketamine at some point yesterday, fuck me it was insane, felt like I was in a scene from the Hobbit with all the fine fellows gathered round examining me.

Buelligan

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 03, 2019, 11:07:28 AM
Thanks :-) I had a lovely birthday on Saturday, managed a quick cycle on Monday so figured I was ready to get back to that slowly now, and get a wee gym membership for the rest time in years. Now it's all this. It's a nasty break, the three options are all shit, either I get big nails going right down my leg, a plate, or a big frame. The big frame was ruled out immediately, way too much fucking about cleaning the thing every day for like 8 months, and no trousers or jeans.

Jelly is a bit of a nightmare but my Mum and Sis are gonna help and I'll hopefully get out as soon as possible.

Fuck me!  That sounds really shit.  Being a motorcycling type, I do know a few who've had the plates/pins and never heard complaints once it's all healed.  I hope it goes perfect.  Glad to hear Jelly's OK.  Take very good care of yourself, we'll all be thinking of you!

imitationleather

Wuuuurghh... Jelly's a stunner.

I have got no idea what has happened to me since I got cats.

BlodwynPig

Hope you recover swiftly.

king_tubby

Jesus Christ, dude. Hope you feel better soon. Don't be tempted to spoof, it's against Niantic's T&Cs and they'll ban your ass.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Buelligan on July 03, 2019, 11:15:31 AM
Fuck me!  That sounds really shit.  Being a motorcycling type, I do know a few who've had the plates/pins and never heard complaints once it's all healed.  I hope it goes perfect.  Glad to hear Jelly's OK.  Take very good care of yourself, we'll all be thinking of you!

I had a similarly bad break - actually I guess it was even worse as I was in hospital for ages. Anyway that was the other foot, and they put pins and plates in, and eventually took most of it out as it was hurting me. Anyway yeah, nothing I can do, just let them get on with it. This is a bollocks as it's quite far down and tricky to fix.

Anyway yeah, thanks for the kind words from you and others, much appreciated.

Barry Admin

Quote from: king_tubby on July 03, 2019, 11:24:39 AM
Jesus Christ, dude. Hope you feel better soon. Don't be tempted to spoof, it's against Niantic's T&Cs and they'll ban your ass.

Lol, I'm very anti cheating, I would have been just sending my poor, confused mum to do my daily hack. And probably losing it.

As it is, bear in mind I'm like 325 days into the 360 day streak needed for the Sojurner medal. I didn't miss a day with my last surgery, don't plan to do so with this one! Been very lucky to end up in the building which is right under a portal/pokestop, so that's tiding me over for now.

And I actually managed to get a hack in when I was traveling in the ambulance over to hospital, that kept me going for yesterday :-D nutter!

Got 5 shiny Raikou for my birthday too, once of which ended up a 91% 15 attack monster after a lucky trade, which I immediately maxed out.

king_tubby

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 03, 2019, 11:40:32 AM
As it is, bear in mind I'm like 325 days into the 360 day streak needed for the Sojurner medal. I didn't miss a day with my last surgery, don't plan to do so with this one! Been very lucky to end up in the building which is right under a portal/pokestop, so that's tiding me over for now.

Ha, that is lucky. You tried this Wizard shit they're all going on about at the moment?

EDIT: I see there is a thread, and that you have.

Danger Man

Get well soon, boss.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Lost Oliver on July 03, 2019, 10:53:37 AM
I've got a tin can in my car that I piss into every now and then. Much easier than a bottle.

It doesn't bother you to have to keep leaving the house?

www.sadtrombone.com

get well soon Neil :)

Beagle 2

Good luck man, I got nails and plate in my leg and it's largely been okay, although they botched it so there's one screw head just sticking out from my ankle all the time and if I catch it on something it's white pain. Aches a bit when it's cold.

Nearly three months off work though, absolutely fucking amazing. I mostly played retro games, drank whisky and got my dad to make me corned beef sandwiches. Recommend all those things.

Cerys

Holy crap, Neil, that sounds horrendous.  You seem to be prone to breaking bits of yourself.  Have you considered not breaking bits of yourself?  You really need to stop breaking bits of yourself.

Bits.  Of yourself.

Konki

Sorry for your loss (of equilibrium).

Re the admin reports: just reveal who's been grassing on me and I'll sort it man to man.

Buelligan

What makes you think it was a man, Konki?

Heheh.  Ah, you're probably right, all the men hate you, I heard them say.

Jealousy I reckon.

Bazooka

Sorry to hear squire, god speed on a quick recovery.

As the strongest, fastest and most handsome and streetwise member on the forum, Ill keep an eye on any nasty bastards here and keep em in check.

pancreas

I will ensure people are nice to each other in your absence. Any bad behaviour will be treated with a robust programme of counselling.

Konki

Quote from: Buelligan on July 03, 2019, 12:22:32 PM
What makes you think it was a man, Konki?

Heheh.  Ah, you're probably right, all the men hate you, I heard them say.

Jealousy I reckon.

Reported.