Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:32:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Condiments you never liked in the 1930s but now you fucking well do

Started by Replies From View, July 04, 2019, 12:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

I was never a fan of ground pepper in the 1930s but nowadays keep grinding it over everything I eat until I have died.

How about you?

pancreas

Used to hate Thousand Island Dressing, but recently ate so much of it I got Aids.

I used to hate Bull's-Eye Bacon BBQ sauce back in the '30s as it tasted like someone put smoky bacon crisp flavouring into some cheap ketchup and tried to sell it in major supermarkets for £2.50 a fucking bottle for a laugh. It's not what you want on your spam and powdered egg when fighting Gerry, let me tell you!

But now, I think the rancid muck is delightful and I don't regret paying all that money for it now that they've got it in Poundstretcher for 29p a bottle, for fuck's sake.

seepage

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Glebe

Shoulders?-Stomach!

pancreas

Heinz Fun Paste is a mostly forgotten one of their varities and was another one I eventually grew to love. My great-grandson bought me a life's supply for my 105th birthday, but I ate it all in one sitting and gave myself penis cancer.

seepage

That compliment to corned beef that got #cancelled 'cos it was radioactive or something but now they've substituted cumquats for the offending ingredient.

seepage

Bazooka

I used to despise Reggae Reggae sauce, for the obvious reason that it was created as a poison against the hard working white man, so jobs could be stolen. Love it now on my crumpets when watching reruns of Heartbeat.

pancreas

Quote from: Bazooka on July 04, 2019, 03:16:32 PM
I used to despise Reggae Reggae sauce, for the obvious reason that it was created as a poison against the hard working white man, so jobs could be stolen. Love it now on my crumpets when watching reruns of Heartbeat.

Is there any danger if you eating so much of it you get a terminal disease and if so, which one?

ZoyzaSorris

ZoyzaSorris

ZoyzaSorris

Lemon and Herb Jeyes Fluid
Caramelised hog's roe in brine
Burdock
Rothermere's Brownshirt Catsup
Grated depression
Turnip vinegar with a hint of lovage
Aphid honey

TrenterPercenter

Glebe

I'm taking this thread with a pinch of salt!

(In the 1930s.)

hamfist

We had to eat "Spunk!"

Remember the jingle on the RCA ? "What puts the willies up the mob daddy ? SPUNK! daddy SPUNK! daddy SPUNK! SPUNK! SPUNK!"

Then it got #cancelled because it had uranium in it.