Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:00:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

!!! - Wimblewrong 2019 First-Round Draw - !!!

Started by Spoon of Ploff, July 05, 2019, 03:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoon of Ploff

Hello,

Please standby. First Round Draw Will Be Posted Shortly.

First Round Servers will also receive a PM

PlanktonSideburns

Will shots be fired on the weekend? Am on holiday but happy to do a phoneblewrong

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on July 05, 2019, 03:33:13 PM
Will shots be fired on the weekend? Am on holiday but happy to do a phoneblewrong

WimbleWrong is a grueling 24/7 competition.

BlodwynPig

If you can type that, you can type the draw

Spoon of Ploff

First off... a reminder of the rules:

1. Each match will consist of two shots per player, except the final in which there are three shots per player.

2. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) can put what they want in their picture.  But all subsequent pictures (i.e the return) must contain, either visually or conceptually, an element of the previous picture.

3. The pictures will be 800 x 600, or 600 x 800 pixels in size.

4. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th picture of each match has been posted).  The voting will last for 48 hours.

5. Common sense prevails in image choice.

6. Pictures can be uploaded to places like photobucket.com imgur for those who have no webspace, but the picture must be displayed in the game thread.

And a reminder of time permitted:  You have 72 hours to post an image from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted. Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 72 hours start.

Spoon of Ploff

And here is the draw:

QuoteAl Tha Funkee Homosapien v  Lordofthefiles

hedgehog90  v BlodwynPig

Pearly-Dewdrops Drops v madhair60

alan nagsworth v hamfist

kittens v Absorb the anus burn

Frazer v Ian Drunken Smurf

zomgmouse v hummingofevil

PlanktonSideburns v touchingcloth

balds bolds to serve. Good luck everyone!!

kittens

zomgmouse

alan nagsworth

I won't be back till tomorrow evening but I should hopefully have something soon. I am definitely not a nonce.

alan nagsworth

Yeah chances are I'm going to need a one day extension on this, sorry. Just got back from a day festival and am totally drained, and I have plans tomorrow evening. Am I allowed to get something done by Tuesday night, please?

Seeing as there's only 16 players this year really I'm doing you all a favour by dragging the thing out a bit.

Spoon of Ploff

well, if hamfist is happy to sit twiddling fingers for an extra day... if you haven't already can you PM your opponent and let them know the situation?

alan nagsworth

hamfist

Ferris

Will the "last shot fired" announcements be posted in here also? Makes it easier than tracking a load of different WimbleWrong threads.

hedgehog90

Sploff, I just noticed you're not playing this year, how come?
The only reason I signed up was for the prospect of possibly beating playing you again.
It's like going to a party and the one person you were hoping to see doesn't turn up.
I'm miffed.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: hedgehog90 on July 08, 2019, 05:37:02 PM
Sploff, I just noticed you're not playing this year, how come?
The only reason I signed up was for the prospect of possibly beating playing you again.
It's like going to a party and the one person you were hoping to see doesn't turn up.
I'm miffed.

Well I felt I needed a break from playing. I thought I did my best work last year and wouldn't be up to matching it... so by skipping a year I am attempting to put off the inevitable decline that will see me soon enough getting regularly knocked out in the first round by the CAB equivalent of Doncaster Rovers.

Also... after Bruce in 2017, and a Chuckle Brother in 2018, I didn't want the death of another celebrity at the alter of WimbleWrong weighing on my conscience.

Finally I've noticed that when it gets to the final the voters on WimbleWrong haven't got a f*king clue.

Anyway, I thought I'd try to administer this year as SelectiveMemory wasn't after doing the job (hope that's temporary btw). Still finding my feet, so sorry if I came across like a bit of a a-hole in your first round match.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 08, 2019, 02:21:13 AM
Will the "last shot fired" announcements be posted in here also? Makes it easier than tracking a load of different WimbleWrong threads.

It seems to be tradition that there's a WimbleWrong voting thread in General BS, just keep on eye on that one.

What you described is the Desolation Quest SOP. I do that because I'm reluctant to 'clog up' General BS with any more H.S.art stuff than necessary. You know how some of those cunts  kind hearted, good people feel about that.

hedgehog90

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on July 08, 2019, 06:15:38 PM
Well I felt I needed a break from playing. I thought I did my best work last year and wouldn't be up to matching it... so by skipping a year I am attempting to put off the inevitable decline that will see me soon enough getting regularly knocked out in the first round by the CAB equivalent of Doncaster Rovers.

Also... after Bruce in 2017, and a Chuckle Brother in 2018, I didn't want the death of another celebrity at the alter of WimbleWrong weighing on my conscience.

Finally I've noticed that when it gets to the final the voters on WimbleWrong haven't got a f*king clue.

Anyway, I thought I'd try to administer this year as SelectiveMemory wasn't after doing the job (hope that's temporary btw). Still finding my feet, so sorry if I came across like a bit of a a-hole in your first round match.

Not at all.
You probably make a better host than a contestant!
Keep at it.

hedgehog90

Sorry, just practicing my backhand (-ed compliments).

And apologies for continuing to ignore your ruling on the exact amount of pixels deemed legal.
I will never change.

Spoon of Ploff

hamfist is dangerously close to getting a bye into the next round.

alan nagsworth

mate i'm doing it. it will be up before bedtime. basically half done already. sorry.

Spoon of Ploff

That's it. The results are in and are as follows:

QuoteAl Tha Funkee Homosapien 16 v 11 Lordofthefiles

hedgehog90 13 v 5 BlodwynPig

Pearly-Dewdrops Drops 15 v 8 madhair60

alan nagsworth 9 v 10 hamfist

kittens 9 v 11 Absorb the anus burn

Frazer 11  v 4 Ian Drunken Smurf

zomgmouse 14 v 4 hummingofevil

PlanktonSideburns X v X-n touchingcloth

following his victory over BlodwynPig hedgehog90 had to withdraw from this years competition. His place in the next round will be filled by... .... Lordofthefiles for getting more votes than any of the other losers.

So... quarter-finalists are:

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien
Lordofthefiles
Pearly-Dewdrops Drops
hamfist
Absorb the anus burn
Frazer
zomgmouse
PlanktonSideburns

The draw will be posted tomorrow 5PM(ish) UK time.

chveik

BlodwynPig

PlanktonSideburns

Ferris

Quote from: chveik on July 17, 2019, 11:48:13 PM
I'm rooting for Plankton now

He's the bad boy of wimblewrong.

"YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!"

chveik

BlodwynPig

PlanktonSideburns