Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:55:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2019 Round 1 - hedgehog90 vs BlodwynPig

Started by hedgehog90, July 05, 2019, 06:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hedgehog90

Something nice & simple to start off with. Not to mention extremely relevant too.

*thwock*

Spoon of Ploff

I hate to do this but I going have to call a foul on hedgehog90. The image size has to be 800 x 600 or 600 x 800. Clicking on your entry gives me a larger version of 1200 x 900.

Can you please resize to the correct proportions and re-up?

Thanks,
S'Ploff

PS. This is not me getting back at you for the two defeats in 2017. I just want everyone to follow those rules that have stood the test of ages.

BlodwynPig

Spoon of Ploff

Did you do that on purpose Blogwind? That's 640 x 480.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on July 05, 2019, 08:09:52 PM
Did you do that on purpose Blogwind? That's 640 x 480.

Eh? I set that as 800 x 600 in Gimp, honest guv.

Spoon of Ploff

PlanktonSideburns

hedgehog90

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on July 05, 2019, 07:22:20 PM
I hate to do this but I going have to call a foul on hedgehog90. The image size has to be 800 x 600 or 600 x 800. Clicking on your entry gives me a larger version of 1200 x 900.

Can you please resize to the correct proportions and re-up?

Thanks,
S'Ploff

PS. This is not me getting back at you for the two defeats in 2017. I just want everyone to follow those rules that have stood the test of ages.

I recall personally checking with Selective Memory during my first Wimblewrong and he said it was ok to upload a higher resolution as long as it was set to 800x600 or 600x800 in the img tag.
I've always uploaded at a higher resolution and it's never been an issue.
As the new lord of Wimblewrong are you going to retroactively disqualify me from 2 years ago and declare yourself winner of Wimblewrong 2017, like a newly imposed, power-obsessed dictator?

PS - This not me being snarky because I beat you in 2017 (twice).

Old Thrashbarg

Fucking hell, '#horseman' absolutely floored me.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: hedgehog90 on July 05, 2019, 10:12:41 PM
I recall personally checking with Selective Memory during my first Wimblewrong and he said it was ok to upload a higher resolution as long as it was set to 800x600 or 600x800 in the img tag.
I've always uploaded at a higher resolution and it's never been an issue.
As the new lord of Wimblewrong are you going to retroactively disqualify me from 2 years ago and declare yourself winner of Wimblewrong 2017, like a newly imposed, power-obsessed dictator?

PS - This not me being snarky because I beat you in 2017 (twice).

Hmmm... I cannot speak for Selective Memory's interpretation of rule number 3

Quote3. The pictures will be 800 x 600, or 600 x 800 pixels in size.

My interpretation is that this applies to the source image, on the grounds that if I click on the image that has just been resized in post I will see the enlarged original version, which may reveal more details. So if a player enters, say a 1920 X 1080 image and just resizes in post they've gained an advantage over someone working on the smaller 800 x 600 canvas and making decisions on content accordingly.

Honestly, this is not me on a power trip or having a go. I think everyone needs to be creating content with the agreed canvas size in mind, otherwise it's unfair. I hope you can view this as a valid concern? Or maybe I am just getting too involved in what is after all is said and done just a bit of fun?

selectivememory

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on July 05, 2019, 10:56:04 PM
Hmmm... I cannot speak for Selective Memory's interpretation of rule number 3

I think your interpretation makes sense, although I think I saw it more as a guideline for us to follow so that the match threads weren't a complete mess with shots of all different sizes. If anyone had objected, I'd have asked hedgehog90 to upload in the correct size, but I personally was fine with it so long as the shots as posted were the correct size.

Quote from: hedgehog90 on July 05, 2019, 10:12:41 PM

Don't worry, if you were disqualified for following the rules as they were enforced at the time, that would call into question my whole tenure as administrator, and subsequently all tournaments that I ran would be declared invalid, meaning kittens and Crabwalk would also lose their titles (and S'Ploff his two runner-up plates).

BlodwynPig

Lordofthefiles

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Sterling opening match by both players, but hedgehog90 just shades it for me.

chveik

PlanktonSideburns

selectivememory

hedgehog is the more polished wronger, but Blodders made me laugh more.

Johnny Yesno

hedgehog90. Although, if I'd found it more difficult to choose (sorry blodders), I would have voted for the player whose shots were within the rules. I agree with the umpire that there is a definite advantage to be had using a larger image.

Cerys

Blod nearly swings it with that final shot, but hedgehog's second wins it for me.

pancreas

zomgmouse

BlodwynPig

Well done hog.

But i didnt really get those shots. Feel a bit hard done by given the layers involved in my efforts. Sour grapes but i feel quite strongly that although neat shops they arent that layered.

Willing to get critique on mine but time and time again style over substance wins.

Im out

Crabwalk

I was about to vote Blodwyn, but he seems to have closed the voting prematurely. And not in a particularly gracious fashion. Come on lad, pull yourself together.

Absorb the anus burn

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Crabwalk on July 07, 2019, 11:03:05 AM
I was about to vote Blodwyn, but he seems to have closed the voting prematurely. And not in a particularly gracious fashion. Come on lad, pull yourself together.

Apologies. Im weeping through blood sweat and fears

Crabwalk

Sorry Blods, didn't realise you were in a bad way.