Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:11:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2019 Round 1 - hedgehog90 vs BlodwynPig

Started by hedgehog90, July 05, 2019, 06:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 06, 2019, 06:37:00 AM
Whats the reference?

No specific reference, as far as I know. It's just a ludicrous thing to include when posting a generic RIP message, and yet, exactly the sort of thing that Kay Burley might write. Her being an idiot, as the subtly changed profile text in that image indicates.

I also enjoyed the inclusion of 'sax enthusiast' on there and changing the banner image to include her playing a saxophone. Another ludicrous thing that feels like it could be true, in some alternate universe.

kittens

voting for h90 as i like to encourage cheating in this competition wherever i see it

Lordofthefiles

alan nagsworth

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 07, 2019, 10:33:29 AM
Well done hog.

But i didnt really get those shots. Feel a bit hard done by given the layers involved in my efforts. Sour grapes but i feel quite strongly that although neat shops they arent that layered.

Willing to get critique on mine but time and time again style over substance wins.

Im out

mate

Ian Drunken Smurf

Spoon of Ploff

hedgehog90 is the winner by 13 votes to BlodwynPig's 5 votes.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: hedgehog90 on July 08, 2019, 05:24:56 PM
tah.

Congratulations...for your brilliance in cutting and pasting.

I still maintain you have a hand cursor on your avatar and for that reason I am sour graping you for the whole tournament.

BlodwynPig

Spoon of Ploff

hedgehog90 has pulled out of the tournament!!!
I can only put this down to the demented sledging carried out by BlodwynPig and will award him 90's slot in the quater-finals...

unless anyone objects.. in which case they can calculate some other means of picking a worthy loser to enter the next round.

kittens

BlodwynPig

Quote from: kittens on July 10, 2019, 09:47:33 PM
highest scoring loser, surely

I back this method - but only if i rate their efforts are better than Dali's Lobster Telephone

touchingcloth

What's the thing with a Star of David on its chest? Seen it in two rounds.

touchingcloth

hummingofevil

I feel like I have missed something with Blods second so might regret this but hedgehog's second gave me a proper laugh. The halo was the key. Soz blods.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: kittens on July 10, 2019, 09:47:33 PM
highest scoring loser, surely

Wouldn't you need to factor in the closeness of the match... given that some games get less votes overall than others... and possiby include a weighting for the player who gets their shots in on time and a mark down for players who haven't sized their picture correctly...? Perhaps a sudden death match where the 8 losing players post one picture based on the lead (non sticky) topic in Gen BS... or just have another vote based on the losers first round shots to find the replacement..?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: hummingofevil on July 11, 2019, 01:03:56 AM
I feel like I have missed something with Blods second so might regret this but hedgehog's second gave me a proper laugh. The halo was the key. Soz blods.

If it needs explanation then it fails. A riff on Lost Highway and just an image i have in my mind nightly - Gervais' leering at me from the darkest corners. Relies on reading Nags satanic thread too

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on July 11, 2019, 06:32:24 AM
Wouldn't you need to factor in the closeness of the match... given that some games get less votes overall than others... and possiby include a weighting for the player who gets their shots in on time and a mark down for players who haven't sized their picture correctly...? Perhaps a sudden death match where the 8 losing players post one picture based on the lead (non sticky) topic in Gen BS... or just have another vote based on the losers first round shots to find the replacement..?

Sploff, you could use Bayesian probability to predict who would win and on that basis put me through to the next round. But seriously, i don't mind not going through and happy to step in if people drop out of a match layer

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on July 11, 2019, 06:32:24 AM

In previous tournaments, if the number of matches in a round was odd then the highest scoring loser would go through to the next round with the winners. If a player dropped out at the beginning of a match (i.e. before they had taken their first shot), then their place would be offered to the highest scoring loser from the previous round (or the next highest if that player was already playing or wasn't interested).

This system has the flaws you mention but it is consistent and relatively easy to administer, as far as I can see.

Spoon of Ploff

I remember being involved in a vote for a vacated semi-final spot in 2017 (ahh happy times)...

In any case, no decision to be made until all the first round matches are completed. This in a feeble attempt to prevent any funny business.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 11, 2019, 07:08:44 AM
In previous tournaments, if the number of matches in a round was odd then the highest scoring loser would go through to the next round with the winners. If a player dropped out at the beginning of a match (i.e. before they had taken their first shot), then their place would be offered to the highest scoring loser from the previous round (or the next highest if that player was already playing or wasn't interested).

This system has the flaws you mention but it is consistent and relatively easy to administer, as far as I can see.

We could use the Duckworth Lewis method.

A quickfire round where all poster take a shot based on the Neil Hannon outfit.