Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:44:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

High Street Drugs

Started by Head Gardener, July 06, 2019, 02:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

just popped into my local Amazing Savings budget household goods retailer to buy bleach and discovered they now sell dope!
This is news to me, they had a dozen different strains and 1g was £14.99 but there is enough in there to last me ages, they even had 3 types of hash, blimey....

Paul Calf

It won't get you off your tits, unfortunately.

Head Gardener

hmmm, you're right, after initial experimentation it's kinda fuzzy nice but so mild

Johnny Yesno

Great thread title, though.

Puce Moment

You know the way that people stopped buying stuff on the high street and moved to buying online?

Ferris

Is the rule in the UK they can sell CBD but not THC? ie THC is criminalized but CBD is an innocent bystander who fell in with a bad crowd.

I don't think either are legal tbh

Head Gardener

BlodwynPig

Head Gardener

it's probably stronger so you've made the right choice

sponk

Who's the real drug dealer? Is it the hoodied thug selling crack and dishing out violence to anyone who crosses him,  or is it the high street businessman in his suit and tie?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sponk on July 06, 2019, 04:57:09 PM
Who's the real drug dealer? Is it the hoodied thug selling crack and dishing out violence to anyone who crosses him,  or is it the high street businessman in his suit and tie?

CBD everything at the moment - the best way to tackle drug addiction is to commodify it and make it part of the beige lifestyle

Dex Sawash

Would prefer a high street dugs thread tbh

remedial_gash

On the other hand my local street rat dealer texts me everyday with strains and stuff, he rides a bmx and  I doubt he has ever voted, but got some nice bud today in 40 minutes via text.

Paul Calf

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 06, 2019, 04:16:34 PM
Is the rule in the UK they can sell CBD but not THC? ie THC is criminalized but CBD is an innocent bystander who fell in with a bad crowd.

In the UK, you can take whatever drugs you like as long as you're not having a good time.

CBD is negligibly psychoactive so it's OK.

Noodle Lizard

The UK (or at least the media and police force) is still bizarrely stuck in the 80s when it comes to weed.  Some proper Reefer Madness headlines.  But aye, give people a complex about weed definitely causing psychosis and schizophrenia and you'll see some results - results not often seen or talked about in other countries with widespread weed use.  Meanwhile, ignore the rest of the world decriminalizing (if not outright legalizing) it, prohibit sick or unwell people from using it despite its proven time-and-time again medicinal benefits, all to save our nation from a negligible threat — which seems to come mostly down to "if you're having a bad reaction to something, stop using it".

May also help to give people good, clean options with regards to properties and strength and ingestion method.  Maybe that'll help with the psychosis.

remedial_gash

At the moment in the UK the police don't seem to give a toss about use, deffo not weed and around here  there are some enthusiastic crack heads, mostly girls in their 20s-40s again police don't really care, seem to be targeting gangs and infrastructure which would bugger off if drugs were regulated.

Ferris

Legal here. Go into a shop and buy as much as you like. I use capsules to help me sleep on occasion, equal blend THC/CBD. About 1gbp a pop, very nice.

Paul Calf

You see people smoking smack in car parks in Manchester every day apparently unmolested by the police, but I haven't yet seen discarded syringes like you used to see in Castlefield and Ancoats in the 1980s. I do wonder whether there's a generation of proto-smackheads growing up now, due to graduate from the foil to the needle. I haven't seen as much heroin about for 20-30 years as there is now.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: remedial_gash on July 06, 2019, 07:54:56 PM
At the moment in the UK the police don't seem to give a toss about use, deffo not weed and around here  there are some enthusiastic crack heads, mostly girls in their 20s-40s again police don't really care, seem to be targeting gangs and infrastructure which would bugger off if drugs were regulated.

Aye, I mean more the "official line" than your average copper.

willpurry

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 06, 2019, 04:59:06 PM
CBD everything at the moment - the best way to tackle drug addiction is to commodify it and make it part of the beige lifestyle

"Any pot going, Martin"?

remedial_gash

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on July 06, 2019, 08:11:44 PM
Aye, I mean more the "official line" than your average copper.

Dunno mate, it seems official to ignore it, I can smell weed all the time and sometimes that wonderful plastic/glass of crack, I presume it's crack was in a 'den' once - a flat really, and it smelled like burned placcy, I quite like coke but 'crack' or whatever it was didn't live up to the hype. It didn't seem to do anything, and made me cough the whole week is a brown out, but yeah haven't tried it again..

seepage

Quote from: remedial_gash on July 06, 2019, 06:41:18 PM
he rides a bmx

local chap rides one shirtless even in the middle of winter, so I've often wondered if he's high on his own supply and exactly what he's on. Saw him other day washing windows in corporate trousers though so perhaps the bottom's fallen out of the market.

Twed

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on July 06, 2019, 07:19:27 PM
The UK (or at least the media and police force) is still bizarrely stuck in the 80s when it comes to weed.  Some proper Reefer Madness headlines.  But aye, give people a complex about weed definitely causing psychosis and schizophrenia and you'll see some results - results not often seen or talked about in other countries with widespread weed use.  Meanwhile, ignore the rest of the world decriminalizing (if not outright legalizing) it, prohibit sick or unwell people from using it despite its proven time-and-time again medicinal benefits, all to save our nation from a negligible threat — which seems to come mostly down to "if you're having a bad reaction to something, stop using it".

May also help to give people good, clean options with regards to properties and strength and ingestion method.  Maybe that'll help with the psychosis.
The US puts black people in jail for holding pot and gives white growers magazine interviews

Paul Calf

Quote from: remedial_gash on July 06, 2019, 08:35:35 PM
Dunno mate, it seems official to ignore it, I can smell weed all the time and sometimes that wonderful plastic/glass of crack, I presume it's crack was in a 'den' once - a flat really, and it smelled like burned placcy, I quite like coke but 'crack' or whatever it was didn't live up to the hype. It didn't seem to do anything, and made me cough the whole week is a brown out, but yeah haven't tried it again..

Often when you think you smell weed in cities it's foxes. Reduced LA spending has reduced cleaning services and there's been a resultant boom in the urban fox population.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 06, 2019, 10:22:44 PM
Often when you think you smell weed in cities it's foxes. Reduced LA spending has reduced cleaning services and there's been a resultant boom in the urban fox population.

How do they even manage to skin up?

Paul Calf

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 06, 2019, 10:29:57 PM
How do they even manage to skin up?

Fuck's sake mate. Foxes don't skin up.

They nick used bongs from dustbins and sheds.

Ray Travez

Quote from: remedial_gash on July 06, 2019, 08:35:35 PM
I quite like coke but 'crack' or whatever it was didn't live up to the hype. It didn't seem to do anything, and made me cough the whole week is a brown out, but yeah haven't tried it again..

I don't get it at all, it's just a nasty, shitty drug. It stinks, and I as far as I can tell has no pleasurable effects. I could say something positive about every other drug I've done, but crack is all negative, no redeeming qualities at all.

Jasha

Quote from: Head Gardener on July 06, 2019, 02:32:41 PM

Your fate line breaks up at the base of the palm and intersects with the life line (which few people have by the way). This means that early in life you experienced some family situation that made you have responsibility as a child. So much so, that you were given duties or existed in a situation where you had to let go of part of your childhood and be in an adult like role. Because you had to give up part of your childhood you are given extra life energy support later in life to survive a tough or a difficult experience with more ease. Your heart line however...

remedial_gash

Quote from: Ray Travez on July 06, 2019, 10:40:24 PM
I don't get it at all, it's just a nasty, shitty drug. It stinks, and I as far as I can tell has no pleasurable effects. I could say something positive about every other drug I've done, but crack is all negative, no redeeming qualities at all.

Up until two years ago, I treated crack as 'a made up drug' from American telly, I now know 4 regular addicts. They all live on the same housing association block and 75% of them are employed, 25% of them work in a 'wet shelter' and scores her crack from the person she is attempting to dry out. Back to crack, yeah it seems really shit, over too quickly, hazardous etc, thankfully I favour downers.