Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:41:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Guardian decides it is good

Started by pancreas, July 06, 2019, 03:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

I have a feeling Thornberry - though excellent recently - may actually be the centrist's best chance of returning to power quickly within Labour. She's basically a centrist with leadership aspirations who is also popular and trusted by the left now. The kind of person who could actually win a leadership election, but at the expense of the headway the left has made under Corbyn.

ZoyzaSorris

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 30, 2019, 12:17:38 PM
Saw this earlier today.

https://interactive.guim.co.uk/maps/embed/jul/2019-07-29T00:14:33.html

I had a lovely time in Montraal, but have never made it to Qumbec. That's Great Bear Lake that has cloned itself, and some of the lakes are in the Pacific Ocean.

Lovely work from the Grauniad subs. I'm not actually sure how they made this much of a mistake - did they drag the map around or something?

2019 A Guardian Odyssey: My God its Full of Lakes

pancreas

I think we want McDonnell while we wait for Pidcock.

idunnosomename

problem for thornberry is that bloody flag in Rochester innit

king_tubby

Yep, she'd be constantly hammered on that.

kngen

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 30, 2019, 12:17:38 PM
Saw this earlier today.

https://interactive.guim.co.uk/maps/embed/jul/2019-07-29T00:14:33.html

I had a lovely time in Montraal, but have never made it to Qumbec. That's Great Bear Lake that has cloned itself, and some of the lakes are in the Pacific Ocean.

Lovely work from the Grauniad subs. I'm not actually sure how they made this much of a mistake - did they drag the map around or something?

Fucking hell - what a shambles! I'd be surprised if a sub even got a glance at it. The artworks folk seem to revel in giving production editors aneurysms by taking everything to the wire.

'Have you done that infographic yet? It's 5 mins to deadline!'

'Uh, yeaaaah. Just gimme a sec.'

Four minutes later ...

'Have you done it yet? It has to go now!'

'Hang on. Just updating it. Is it there?'

' ... no'

'How about now?'

'No!'

'Ok ..... how about now?'

'No. FOR FUCK'S SAKE! Oh wait ... there it is.'

Sends page with shaky hand, with impatient sections eds standing over shoulder.

Relaxes. Takes a look at graphic.

'FUUUUUCK!'

That was me two or three times a week.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: gilbertharding on July 30, 2019, 11:23:53 AM
One for 'Up the Arse Corner', there.

(By which I mean, obviously, that in that photograph she has a stupid fucking look on her face as if she's just sat on something unexpectedly, and definitely not that I or anyone else here is imagining assaulting her - in case anyone from the Guardian happens to read this and draws some conclusion about Sick Misogynistic Chris Morris Fan Site ect ect).

Every guardian mugshot is smug displeasure, but every now and then the hack can't pull it off and we end up with a picture of them looking like they need to be winded.

king_tubby

Every guardian mugshot is smug displeasure, but every now and then the hack can't pull it off and we end up with a picture of them looking like they need to be winded.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on July 30, 2019, 09:11:43 AM
Sorry to turn this into a general Guardian watch but just got annoyed by this dreadful article from someone who appears to have no natural history knowledge at all. Constantly boosts his anti-nature view that boar are a problem in Europe with evidence from the US and elsewhere where there is the small difference that they are NOT A NATIVE SPECIES. The awful rag is losing it's few remaining USPs now it seems to be steadily becoming anti-environment as well as anti-science in general.

Can't say I agree with you about this article. He lays the blame squarely at the door of humans.

idunnosomename

I know he's supposed to be all journalists, but he fits garuniad hacks most of all. even if his eyes arent popping out of his skull like our up the arse friend

oy vey

I see they keep the privacy advocacy agenda going with the Cambridge Analytica news updates. I'm all for that. By the way, don't forget to share said articles with your "friends" by clicking on the social media icons. And please follow us here so you can be categorized as a cunt who buys books similar to the God Delusion.

pancreas

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 30, 2019, 10:59:10 PM
I know he's supposed to be all journalists, but he fits garuniad hacks most of all. even if his eyes arent popping out of his skull like our up the arse friend

You have a meme there. Send it to Momentum. I'm serious.

Ferris

Careful you don't do a Danny Baker

NoSleep

Dan Hodges will have a field day.

Funcrusher

The Guardian fawning over Joe Biden today. By the usual Graun calculus they should be all about Harris and Booker over the straight white male, but elevating a Blair/Macron neo-lib is the really important thing. I mean just imagine if that crazy one we try not to mention got in, Barry Saunders, he's as bad as Corbyn!

sponk

I like the Guardian a lot more than most people here, but good Lord, this article is one of the most badly written things I've read in a mainstream publication.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/jul/09/the-big-scoop-what-a-day-with-an-ice-cream-man-taught-me-about-modern-britain?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Funcrusher

In the interests of fairness, I actually read what I thought was a good article in The Guardian today:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/08/el-paso-dayton-left-men-jordan-peterson