Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:19:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Going on holiday to France three days after Brexit

Started by BritishHobo, July 06, 2019, 11:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Good idea or nah? Too late either way 'cos I've already booked the tickets. Eurostar to Paris three days after Hallowe'en. Much hope abounds online that it won't happen as Parliament won't pass the Withdrawal Agreement or allow No Deal - but if the EU won't allow an extension nor further negotiations for a new deal, it's pretty much a deadlock.

What's it mean then? Fucked? Straight off the train into a big bin?

Stoneage Dinosaurs

-Take a bike on Southeastern train from St Pancras to Folkestone
-Gun the fuck out of bike down the service tunnel at full pelt
-TGV train from Coquelles to wherever the hell you want to go

Easy. Farage can't do shit, pal.

Bazooka

I believe that is called treason, you damn dirty frog.

chveik

BritishHobo

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If it really does happen then for the British traveller it depends on mutual preparations as to the level of confusion, disruption and resulting inconvenience. Some countries, probably not France, may decide to apply an e-visa requirement, rake in some dough from our idiotic arses.

I've got a couple of trips in November to Prague then Timisoara, and if either are even mildly inconvenienced by Brexit then I am warning you with peace and love to clear the area.

Dr Rock

maett

We'll still be in the E.U on November 3rd. When to buy Euros is the puzzler.

Lordofthefiles

I wouldn't worry, the French don't seem the types to deliberately make life difficult for the English when given half a chance.

Buelligan

Comme apprendre l'anglais ?  Comme l'écriture menus, sites etc. en anglais ?  Êtes-vous le fermier ?  Nid dim ond y Ffrancwyr sy'n casáu'r Saesneg rydych chi'n eu sylweddoli.

But, of course, I jest.  The English are the most popular and likeable race the face of the whole face of the Earth.

I hope you have a marvelous time in France, BritishHobo and aren't arrested.

Captain Z

They need us more than we need them, they will be literally begging for your tourism. You can expect them to probably refund all your travel costs and grant you the freedom of Paris.

hummingofevil

I'd get your Euros now. Rate is shite but it's affordable. If it goes up then so be it but if it takes a 10% hit you very close to 1 Euro being worth more that 1 pound which is depressing.

wooders1978

The farmers will burn you like a sheep - do not go, all of Europe will be a no go zone for brits post October

royce coolidge

Quote from: Buelligan on July 07, 2019, 09:43:39 AM
Comme apprendre l'anglais ?  Comme l'écriture menus, sites etc. en anglais ?  Êtes-vous le fermier ?  Nid dim ond y Ffrancwyr sy'n casáu'r Saesneg rydych chi'n eu sylweddoli.

But, of course, I jest.  The English are the most popular and likeable race the face of the whole face of the Earth.

I hope you have a marvelous time in France, BritishHobo and aren't arrested.

Once again Buelligan we English are not a race,in fact we are pretty racially mixed these days,whisper it quietly some of us are even Black and Asian !

Buelligan

Heheh, a bit like the French then?

Quote from: hummingofevil on July 07, 2019, 01:36:38 PM
I'd get your Euros now. Rate is shite but it's affordable. If it goes up then so be it but if it takes a 10% hit you very close to 1 Euro being worth more that 1 pound which is depressing.

Not for me, it isn't.  I'll buy the place and I'll install a fucking jukebox in there and liven all you stiffs up a bit!

bgmnts

I still have vague plans to get on a flixbus and see Europe best I can, well after Brexit. Whether this will be possible I do not know.

mothman

I'm going to Prague just before Christmas so will be watching Shoulders' excursions with interest.

We're pencilled in for some building work next summer so don't feel bad about not planning our hols for then yet (we decide these early, this year's holiday in Croatia was provisionally booked while we were on holiday in Greece last year).

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: hummingofevil on July 07, 2019, 01:36:38 PM

This aspect was fucking depressing in Liguria this weekend. A primi for €10 is very affordable when your cunt colonial ex superpower is still bumming the Euro for €1.40 a sterling.

Britain is dying

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: mothman on July 07, 2019, 03:32:58 PM
I'm going to Prague just before Christmas so will be watching Shoulders' excursions with interest.

We're pencilled in for some building work next summer so don't feel bad about not planning our hols for then yet (we decide these early, this year's holiday in Croatia was provisionally booked while we were on holiday in Greece last year).

Remind me nearer the time and I'll send some tips that might be up your ulice.

mothman