Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:41:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How hard are you chillin?

Started by The Boston Crab, July 07, 2019, 03:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Woke early because I slept yesterday afternoon for a few hours. Nice croissant, ham and cheese breakfast, keep da tea rollin, get a few WR runs on Super Mario Maker 2. Played some OutRun 2 and hear the girl say, "I wanna go far away!" SEGA blue skies and Passing Breeze on the car stereo. Watched some Dark Souls 2 speedrun from AGDQ 2019. Had a spicy chicken and nduja sausage pizza for lunch, played some Final Fantasy 7, got to Cosmo Canyon. Now watching Neon Genesis Evangelion in bed while my wife has a nap. Laziest day I've had in months and months.

Solid 8.8/10 chill.

How hard are you chillin?

Goldentony

ballies on the fire, kids with the government, car fucking locked up and sealed shut with electro magnets, big hacksaw here in case any fucker wants to get shirty while I lie down and wank off into the ether thinking about the ambient noise from BIOHAZARD

Goldentony

get the house burned down mate, in the bath, safest place

Pingers

My 8 year old is screaming at me at the top of his lungs and throwing shoes at the bedroom door.

0/10

seepage

ROSE OUT OF A BOX??? not sure what to eat later - animal/vegetable/nothing - any ideas?

gib

kittens

lying in the park in the sun for the past 3 hours. belly full of shite on a pretty nice hangover. playing catch with my gf. postin on the cab. day off tomorrow but i got a job interview. 7 out of ten chills.

bgmnts

I don't really ever chill to be honest, like physically I do very little but i'd call what I do (or don't so) chilling. It's hard to explain.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Goldentony on July 07, 2019, 03:27:37 PM
ballies on the fire, kids with the government, car fucking locked up and sealed shut with electro magnets, big hacksaw here in case any fucker wants to get shirty while I lie down and wank off into the ether thinking about the ambient noise from BIOHAZARD

<rejected verse of Subterranean Homesick Blues discovered>

Barry Admin

I'm allowed out of bed now with nurse supervision, so they got me out and put me in a chair, and I managed to wangle an extra cup of tea. So I was chilling pretty hard, it was great to be sitting in a chair, and it's always great to be drinking a cup of tea. Had 6 Music on the telly too, listening to PP Arnold and whatever.

Then it went downhill, as I tried to get up and use an actual toilet for the first time since I got here. Got my foot down to the floor and waited for the blood to settle, got up eventually, and just couldn't make it, still haven't been in the bathroom. The pain was overwhelming and I had to just get back into bed, where I've been having a moment for the last hour or two. Fucking shit, my spirits have been bizarrely high and I've loved chatting to the staff all week, but occasionally I just sink, especially if I think too much about Jelly or certain things. Today I just let myself dwell a bit, I guess.

Sorry, miserable post, I just really wanted and needed to vent. I'm sick of pain, absolutely fucking sick of it.

I'll try and get back to chilling now.

Edit: oh and I really wanted to have a shit! I got extra laxatives this morning, got all ready, nothing. Since like Monday night. And I usually piss like a racehorse but hardly anything happening there either today despite drinking over 2 litres since I got up. Actually had more than a couple of hours sleep last night for the first time, but just feel... off. Need to get up and walk on this fucking zimmer now I've more morphine in me, I'm just being useless.

Sebastian Cobb

Post haircut pint. Going to make some pasties then off to the cinema to see Don't Look Now.

It's my last week off work at my current employer nd my boss said she doesn't expect me to do anything so I'm going to get twatted I reckon.

QDRPHNC

Currently drinking a vanilla bean frap so hard.

Danger Man

After a long day doing sales I'll probably go and sit in the nearest pub on my own.

I work hard, I play hard.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Danger Man on July 07, 2019, 07:20:07 PM
After a long day doing sales I'll probably go and sit in the nearest pub on my own.

I work hard, I play hard.

You're a tiger.

Twit 2

Quote from: Pingers on July 07, 2019, 03:40:44 PM
My 8 year old is screaming at me at the top of his lungs and throwing shoes at the bedroom door.

0/10

You should probably return her to her parents then.

Glad to hear everyone makin progress with some serious chill. I was chillin so hard before watchin Neon Genesis Evangelion and it was so borin I fell asleep til like 6pm. Got up and had a some tuna fishcakes and salad and a beer. Watched some new Nathan For You (new to me) and now watchin the McEnroe documentary on the iPlayer. Since I slept in the late afternoon which I never ever do except yesterday and today, I'm gonna stay up late playin Final Fantasy 7, Sega Rally and Daytona USA and Virtua Racing. Life couldn't be much better today in terms of pure chillin lazy days. You gotta appreciate the good times and not undercut it all the time with misery for some obvious self-deprecating Internet joke points. That's one thing I've really thought about recently since having my eyes opened a little wider again by some faith teachings. I mean it.

8.1/10 - give it an hour and I'll probably be around a 9.2.

Pingers

You haven't got children, have you? You bastard.

alan nagsworth

I'm actually chilling too hard and I'm not sure how to kick it down a notch. I'm terrified that this won't end. It's starting to hurt, in my intestines, I can feel it. Shed a little agonised tear just now because the chill is too intense. Wish I could just come down from this. Six days it's been. Six days.

a duncandisorderly

waiting for AWS to crash & burn & take us off the air. pondering the chinese in the fridge... it's from the co-op. should I go to the singapore garden & get a real one instead?

night-shift. I remember doing night shifts at Mtv twenty-odd years ago where we'd get absolutely wankered, spaniard, on proper decent weed, none of this crystal covered chemical loft-grown shite...

we'd play 'maelstrom' until our hands bled, & we'd feed the audio from the satellite return back into the mixer for massive king tubby sessions during "chillout zone".

can't do that here. sigh.

4/10

alan nagsworth

can someone actually call me a doctor

a duncandisorderly

seepage

Quote from: seepage on July 07, 2019, 03:48:06 PM
ROSE OUT OF A BOX??? not sure what to eat later - animal/vegetable/nothing - any ideas?

in the end I had a Texas omelette (thanks for asking) but midway through I looked that up on urban dictionary and now I'm going to be sick. I take priority over mr nagsworth for any medical assistance btw.

Lordofthefiles

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on July 07, 2019, 09:51:06 PM
waiting for AWS to crash & burn & take us off the air. pondering the chinese in the fridge... it's from the co-op. should I go to the singapore garden & get a real one instead?

night-shift. I remember doing night shifts at Mtv twenty-odd years ago where we'd get absolutely wankered, spaniard, on proper decent weed, none of this crystal covered chemical loft-grown shite...

we'd play 'maelstrom' until our hands bled, & we'd feed the audio from the satellite return back into the mixer for massive king tubby sessions during "chillout zone".

can't do that here. sigh.

4/10

If aws shits out the Internet gets so broken there's not even any infrastructure left for people to give you greif about it.

I remember I was having a nap on call once and one of the lads from Yospace phoned the mobile saying they'd lost their servers, I said I'd take a look.

While I was waiting for the laptop to boot I flicked through the emails on the phone, one from the IT department saying they were doing a UPS swap that weekend, so I flicked the telly on, English logo where ours should (switched over at BT tower) be and +1 was off the air. Oh dear. The kulabyte backup reappeared first so I flipped all regions to that and shrugged about dai not being a thing.

Ferris

3 tins of IPA, after a long hike with Ferris Jr in the baby carrier (heavy).

Chillometer: MEGA

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on July 07, 2019, 10:10:38 PM
Bastad!

did you notice I had time to listen to john cage's most famous work before I replied?

Twed