Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,400
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:09:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

So apparently Mickey Mouse looks like Ren and Stimpy now...

Started by olliebean, July 07, 2019, 10:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

Walt must be spinning in his freezer at this abomination.

mothman

the

That looks like many modern cartoons, it does not look like Ren & Stimpy.

mothman

But it doesn't look like Mickey Mouse. And some of the gurning expressions are totally R&S.

madhair60

The modern Mickey shorts are infinitely more entertaining than anything from the classic days frankly.

buzby

Mickey Mouse cartoons animated in Toon Boom Harmony? Not for me, Clive.

madhair60

You just want back those cartoons where it's seven minutes of him rolling up a fucking fire hose or something, going "aw gee, Minnie!" over and over again.

the

Quote from: mothman on July 07, 2019, 10:55:47 PMBut it doesn't look like Mickey Mouse. And some of the gurning expressions are totally R&S.

R&S's overactive expressions have seeped into many of its successors (along with a lot of its other stylings*). But the character designs are not like R&S, they're more of a weird mashup of different eras of the original Disney designs with that chiselled style seen in stuff like The Powerpuff Girls and many, many others. But most divergently, as Buzby points out, it's been made with a digital process (involving lots of bending and stretching of vector geometry for things like mouth movements), which is nothing like how R&S was produced.

*many of which were themselves taken from 1940s & 50s cartoons anyway

Quote from: madhair60 on July 07, 2019, 11:32:12 PMYou just want back those cartoons where it's seven minutes of him rolling up a fucking fire hose or something, going "aw gee, Minnie!" over and over again.

I'm with you on this, the Disney shorts never ever did anything for me. Fucking dull.

madhair60

Nah Mickey pulling a fucking gun on Donald. Makes me laugh every time.

Replies From View

madhair60

Quote from: Replies From View on July 08, 2019, 07:54:44 AM
How I hate Mickey Mouse.

Castle of Illusion on Master System is well ace though. Not the Mega Drive. Only Master System.

The new* Mickey Mouse shorts are amazing and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNdhDq-DF8k

Fucking brilliant.

*Fucking hell, they've been doing them for six years now.