Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:44:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What don't you join Extinction Rebellion?

Started by garbed_attic, July 08, 2019, 04:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMTV

A thin rat broth made with fresh herbs and wild garlic. Actually tastes nicer than you remember nandos used to taste.

Danger Man

Quote from: GMTV on July 09, 2019, 02:07:43 PM
Vegetable stew all week for dinner

Weekly trip to the pictures once a week if you're lucky (aye you don't own a telly any more)

You get a code that allows you to use the local library computer one hour a week (you sold last week's for two chicken legs)

The 1970's, basically.

Operty1

To start changing things each company needs to add 'cigarette' style packaging warnings to their products.

Buying this will kill 'x' amount of wildlife (with pics), destroy 'x' amount of rain forest, and put 'x' amount of carbon in the air bringing heat death 'x' amount of time closer.

Then we can all weigh up what we are each willing to destroy based on each persons individual morality.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Thomas on July 09, 2019, 01:40:48 PM
Except it's one of the happy episodes - a zoom-out at the end reveals the scientist in a utopian paradise; they were simply running a computer simulation of what might have been. Whew!

Then it zooms out again and it was all the delusion of a battery-farmed pig undergoing evil mind experiments (if you look closely you'll see it's the same pig from the first episode).

"you what!"

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Operty1 on July 09, 2019, 03:03:00 PM
To start changing things each company needs to add 'cigarette' style packaging warnings to their products.

Buying this will kill 'x' amount of wildlife (with pics), destroy 'x' amount of rain forest, and put 'x' amount of carbon in the air bringing heat death 'x' amount of time closer.

Then we can all weigh up what we are each willing to destroy based on each persons individual morality.

Cars with diseased lungs on the bonnet.

Blumf

Operty1

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on July 09, 2019, 03:14:42 PM
Cars with diseased lungs on the bonnet.

More like if you pick up a pack of plastic toothpicks from Poundland, and it says making this product killed a bunch of canaries, burned down 2 metres of rain forest, added a ton of carbon to the air and will end up wedged in a Beluga blow hole, you might just use your finger nail to pick out that scrap of Goblin burger.

chveik

state of this thread.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 09, 2019, 12:35:41 PM
One thing we can take from all of this, it's still all about "ME"

you're absolutely right.

you (some of you) are all very left leaning when it comes to brexit et al., but when gout_pony or another poster try to start a thread about the environmental crisis you just act like sneering conservative cunts.

you think you don't care that humanity is going to be wiped off the planet (or even for a few nutcases really want it to happen), but you're completely delusional. maybe you don't understand that it's going to happen much sooner than you think, probably during your lifetime, or that our fate is linked with the fate of the planet. and when you're going to be directly affected by it (or your family, your friends etc.) your nihilistic approach of existence won't last long.

Chollis

Quote from: chveik on July 09, 2019, 03:52:09 PM
probably during your lifetime

nah. and that's something to be thankful for, we're (well, some of us) the last generation to enjoy all the delicious fruits of this wonderful world before the whole place gets glassed. obviously if you have kids they are fucked

Danger Man

you just act like sneering conservative cunts.

In the last couple of years I've turned into Paul Joseph Watson's dad and this place pushed me over the edge.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Do we have an approximate date for the end of the fucking world? I'd like to go upstairs and get ready.

jobotic

You're not wrong chviek, and good for you gout_pony.

I'm not a member because I'm busy and knackered (although I am an activist in other areas). Not much more important than the destruction of the planet though, is there?

state of this thread.

you're absolutely right.

you (some of you) are all very left leaning when it comes to brexit et al., but when gout_pony or another poster try to start a thread about the environmental crisis you just act like sneering conservative cunts.

you think you don't care that humanity is going to be wiped off the planet (or even for a few nutcases really want it to happen), but you're completely delusional. maybe you don't understand that it's going to happen much sooner than you think, probably during your lifetime, or that our fate is linked with the fate of the planet. and when you're going to be directly affected by it (or your family, your friends etc.) your nihilistic approach of existence won't last long.

Hahaha bad luck for you you young cunt. You'll DEFINATELY be alive for it. Hahahaha

Hahaha still chuckling about this hehehe.

For all your youthful zest and munching the happy placebos like popcorn, your gonna die of thirst like the rest of us!

HAHAHAHAHA

Cuellar

Hang on, it says 'WHAT don't you join Extinction Rebellion'. It should be 'WHY' I think. I think it should.

chveik

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 09, 2019, 04:19:34 PM

For all your youthful zest and munching the happy placebos like popcorn, your gonna die of thirst like the rest of us!

HAHAHAHAHA

there's no need to make fun of my mental illness pal.

No need to make fun of my imminent death buddy

sponk

Because James Corden lives on Planet Earth

Chollis

I'll be Beyond the Aquila Rift with Castro Diaz, hooked up to a life glug and prancing around San Junipero until the nukes land

Operty1

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 09, 2019, 04:19:34 PM

HAHAHAHAHA

I don't think it's going to be thirst that kills us, if anything we're going to have too much water.

Yeah but the ocean so we'll be thirsty. Either way I don't care. I'm not dying of thirst, I'll be killing and killing anything and everything to stay alive and when I'm genuinely done, I'll kill myself and go straight to heaven.

Operty1

You make it sound like Fist Of The North Star, it sounds like a situation you will thrive in.

I'll definitely have to watch that. It always sounded too violent for me.

Noonling

Quote from: Operty1 on July 09, 2019, 03:03:00 PM

I know you're being facetious, but I think this would be a great idea. All non-recyclables should have "NON-RECYCLABLE" pasted all over the front in big black-on-white letters. Food and drink thats come from another country should have carbon footprint details (of the transport or "if everyone in the UK had one of these this week" type thing at least, probably the individual coffee etc doesn't contribute enough). Same with other goods - if the producer isn't carbon neutral (or maybe close to) their products get a big mark on them. Petrol car owners should be forced by law to have a bumper sticker that says "this car contributes to climate change", and all new petrol cars have it etched into the metal itself.

Then consumers can still choose the bad option if they want, and manufacturers can still produce crap, but no one's deluding themselves and there's a level of social shaming.

Not sure what you do about weapons manufacturers though. Maybe when a foreigner gets blasted by a bomb it also throws recyclable confetti in the air that spells out "the metal fragments embedded in your chest were produced and shipped in a non-sustainable way".

Fambo Number Mive

Does seem a bit harsh on people with a limited income if the imported food turns out to be cheaper. Disabled people often have no option but to use a car given how inaccessible public transport is for disabled people and how limited charging points for electric cars, so they should be exempt.

Perhaps a small carbon footprint chart would be helpful on food of the same price as it allows us to make a decision. I know country of origin is on a lot of food but how many people look at that.

We should also do more to reward people for using public transport by nationalising it so we can reduce the cost of train and bus journeys and build light rail options in more cities. Also have a map of charity shops in every town and city so people know where to buy second hand clothing and books from and make donations at to reduce consumption.

Also build a network of segregated cycle lanes throughout the UK to make cycling safer (I wouldn't feel safe cycling where I live due to dangerous drivers) and try and make pavements more pleasant to walk on (including measures against pavement cyclists) to promote walking. Increase the number of pedestrian crossings. All new buses should have to have two wheelchairs spaces and one pram space.

José

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 08, 2019, 11:02:46 PM
Ironically we'd be in a much better place if we'd adopted more nuclear stuff in the 80's and 90's, something 'greens' rallied against.

instead of burning fossil fuels we should burn hippies imo.

Sebastian Cobb

Maybe we should just kill poors, it doesn't sound like their lives are going to be worth living once they've been priced out of everything remotely enjoyable.

Cuellar

Burn social media and advertising to the ground so no one wants anything anymore. No one will care about going on holidays to sunny beaches, no one will care about the clothes they wear, no more botox, no more unhappiness. Just earthy fucking in nature, with no teeth and rotten shoes, but it won't matter. Nothing will matter.

Sebastian Cobb

This seems like an alright idea, far less regressive than just pricing out poorer people.
http://afreeride.org/