Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:07:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

.. And legend has it that this place is haun....

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, July 08, 2019, 06:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

...shut the total and the utter fuck up you clown.

When has the advertised prospect of encountering a ghost ever been anywhere other than the dead last least interesting thing about a historical building or place? Real life stories, fine. If poor old Molly the farmer's daughter copped one in the shitter vitals after an affair gone burns victim, then yeah fine. Bring me the Victorian gore like the yarnslag I am, but what I don't want to hear about is how her fucking ghost can still be seen maybe one night a year between the hours of 7 and 7.10pm if you've eaten porridge oats for breakfast with your left hand in the company of your third cousin on a Winchester rooftop after paying a £10 entrance fee to hear a bastard whine in a stupid top hat like a boring wanker, where she will be clutching her prim behind and sobbing.

This isn't a gotta make a breakthrough so check my fresh scientific method Nu-atheist empiricism polemic, it's just a human reaction to the tedium and total banality of this segment used to promote a.n event or product. So, ragingly, pus-loaded hairtriggered machine gun level Not Arsed by the prospect of ghosts. Dae ye ken

BlodwynPig

mothman

BlodwynPig

mothman

Replies From View

poo

Fucking absolutely love ghosts and would like to be fucked by one.

madhair60

Operty1

Sebastian Cobb

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░░░
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░░░
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀ ░░░░░░
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░░░
▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀░░░░░░░ U HAVE BEEN SPOOKED BY THE
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░░░
░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄░░░░░ SPOOKY SKILENTON
░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░░
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█░░░
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░

SEND THIS TO 6 PPL OR SKELINTONS WILL EAT YOU

Icehaven

There's a few sections of my workplace that people claim are supposedly haunted, including the bit where I work, and some of my colleagues claim to hate coming down here for that reason and look visibly uneasy when they're here, however I just think they hate us. I've tried politely suggesting that maybe it's just their imagination running away with them a bit, because tbf it is a partially empty, dilapidated Victorian prison where they used to hang people and hundreds more have died in other gruesome ways, so if there were such things as ghosts I'm sure we'd be literally falling over them, but I've worked here for 5 years, often alone, sometimes when it's dark outside, and little natural light gets in anyway so when I'm locking up it's always quite dark once the lights are out, and I've obviously never once heard, seen or 'felt' anything, because NO SUCH THING. Or maybe I'm the ghost, I dunno.

Quote from: poo on July 08, 2019, 10:38:44 PM
Fucking absolutely love ghosts and would like to be fucked by one.

You are, every night at 3.37. WooOOOoooo...

madhair60

BLIGHTO isn't a ghost. Ghosts are dead. BLIGHTO will never die because BLIGHTO refuses to acknowledge the process of decay.

Bazooka

If I a saw a ghost, I think I would know, first, it would die for a second time on account of jealousy.

Autopsy Turvey

Isn't there a live Coogan character who says something like "Legend has it the theatre is haunted by the ghost of a woman who was stabbed to death in the dressing room... in 1998." (This was early 00s or so). Don't know why this tickled me so much, except that ghosts have always been around for years, you don't get new ghosts, and of course that a murder 100+ years ago is a bit of fun local colour, a murder three years ago is a sickening tragedy.

Fishfinger

Ghost stories seem to accumulate around evocative environments. Traffic islands and retail parks are probably the least haunted places on earth.

Lost Oliver

Went to a ghost night a few months ago and it was one of the saddest things I'd ever been too. I'm open minded about everything but this pushed my limits. All I could really see were a bunch of hopeless, desperate people clinging to the belief that their loved ones were still around. Led by an even more deluded set of characters who truly believed that because an LED Father Christmas lit up, it proved the existence of a deadie.

The best bit was the ouija board. It was moving around from letter to letter, making absolutely no sense. It was then that the psychic announced that the spirit was there, they were just illiterate. And amazingly, when asked whether or not this was the case he answered no.

Here's me and the lads. Great days.

Sebastian Cobb

[tag]Mr Pipes leaves thread disappointed[/tag]

Cuellar

Quote from: Lost Oliver on July 09, 2019, 04:44:13 PM
Went to a ghost night a few months ago and it was one of the saddest things I'd ever been too. I'm open minded about everything but this pushed my limits. All I could really see were a bunch of hopeless, desperate people clinging to the belief that their loved ones were still around. Led by an even more deluded set of characters who truly believed that because an LED Father Christmas lit up, it proved the existence of a deadie.

The best bit was the ouija board. It was moving around from letter to letter, making absolutely no sense. It was then that the psychic announced that the spirit was there, they were just illiterate. And amazingly, when asked whether or not this was the case he answered no.

Here's me and the lads. Great days.

You were the ghost, though. That's the thing. That's the thing though. The ghost was you.

Think about it - why did you 'go' to that ghost night? Answer: you didn't 'go', you were summoned.

EbbyVale

I love ghosts in fiction, getting up to mad stuff and writing weird shit on the walls. When you hear about claimed ghostly phenomena in real life, it's a rotten disappointment. "Ooh, it made the lights flicker!" I can make the lights flicker, mate, but you don't hear me banging on about it.

Reminds me: there's an article on Slate about a Christian bestseller that got pulled when it turned out the little boy now says he didn't go to heaven after his accident after all.  One person visited the kid in the hospital room and knew there were angels, because he heard the sound of faucets go on and off several times.  It's a hospital, all sort of wonderful angelic things an angel could have done, but apparently making people cross their legs was first on the priority list.  So even if you're determined to believe in them, surely that's an indication that they're shit.

BlodwynPig

The spooky thing is a mere hour before shoulders op i was hoping for a ghost cab thread

Alberon

Inspired by the recent comedy show Ghosts I wonder why there aren't more caveman ghosts. They were around for tens of thousands of years. We should be arse deep in them.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Alberon on July 09, 2019, 07:03:36 PM
Inspired by the recent comedy show Ghosts I wonder why there aren't more caveman ghosts. They were around for tens of thousands of years. We should be arse deep in them.

Ghosts are spirits of people who died with unfinished business. Tragic love affairs or stolen inheritances and that. There can't have been many cavemen who died and came back as a ghost because there was someone they really needed to shout OOGABOOGA and wave a club at.

Alberon

Why no Roman ghosts? They were in charge of England for centuries! They were always shagging and murdering each other.

But no. It's always just medieval and later for ghosts. Were ghosts only invented in the 14th century? And why don't we see any from the 1990s or the millennium? Maybe we do and don't realise it as they don't look that out of place yet.

seepage

Quote from: Alberon on July 09, 2019, 07:19:50 PM
Why no Roman ghosts? They were in charge of England for centuries! They were always shagging and murdering each other.

But no. It's always just medieval and later for ghosts. Were ghosts only invented in the 14th century? And why don't we see any from the 1990s or the millennium? Maybe we do and don't realise it as they don't look that out of place yet.

the Goddess of the Red Moon took their souls, so nothing left for ghosties.

Inspector Norse

Maybe the Romans got all their ghostly business sorted out. They were very well-organised after all. So now they're all resting peacefully.

As for more modern ghosts, I would assume that they are all in limbo, waiting their turns, as all the haunting spots are currently taken by 15th-century millers' daughters seeking revenge on their duplicitous lovers, or 18th-century nobles looking to restore the family's good honour.

dr beat

Des'ree avoids thread, reaches for the Mothers Pride instead

Cuellar

Quote from: Alberon on July 09, 2019, 07:19:50 PM

Loads of Roman ghosts, don't know what you're talking about.

https://realunexplainedmysteries.com/roman-soldier-ghosts