Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:04:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Happy 10th Anniversary to this major cultural moment

Started by Monsieur Verdoux, July 09, 2019, 02:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
And yes, his infamous tweet is sweet in a roundabout way

Shit Good Nose

Well, his wife's quite the outspoken potty mouth as well, so who was it hurting?  No one.

The main problem with Smith is that he's been consuming his own smoke for quite a while now, leading to him thinking that he's some misunderstood genius, which he really isn't.  He's a stoner who has made a few half decent funny films and he tells a good tale.

On the other hand, he pretty much single handedly saved Jason Mewes' life.  Regardless or not of whether you like Mewes, the fact is Smith - who could have easily walked away to enjoy his success and millions of dollars - devoted a fuck load of time, money and effort to get Mewes sorted.  Which is more than most of us would do.  A lot more.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: the on July 09, 2019, 11:49:29 AM
Until it gets to the ten year anniversary of the Marc Almond 'dirty old bollocks' exchange, no thread like this has the justification to exist.

There's this, too.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

He was comically fat in 2009. I hope she was on top.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on July 09, 2019, 02:57:34 PM

Was that around the time some airline told him he needed to buy two seats and he had a bit of a strop about it?

madhair60

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 09, 2019, 03:01:10 PM
Was that around the time some airline told him he needed to buy two seats and he had a bit of a strop about it?

He was right

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: madhair60 on July 09, 2019, 03:08:12 PM
He was right

Right about what? He physically couldn't fit into the dimensions of a single seat, so they made him buy two.

checkoutgirl

Why would someone just offer up that information?

madhair60

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on July 09, 2019, 03:10:37 PM
Right about what? He physically couldn't fit into the dimensions of a single seat, so they made him buy two.

He was right to be affronted at the way he was treated.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on July 09, 2019, 02:55:28 PM
Well, his wife's quite the outspoken potty mouth as well, so who was it hurting?  No one.

The main problem with Smith is that he's been consuming his own smoke for quite a while now, leading to him thinking that he's some misunderstood genius, which he really isn't.  He's a stoner who has made a few half decent funny films and he tells a good tale.

On the other hand, he pretty much single handedly saved Jason Mewes' life.  Regardless or not of whether you like Mewes, the fact is Smith - who could have easily walked away to enjoy his success and millions of dollars - devoted a fuck load of time, money and effort to get Mewes sorted.  Which is more than most of us would do.  A lot more.

He's a decent bloke and I'm somewhat of a fan but sometimes... I just don't care about his sex life. Stick to stuff about Bruce Willis and comic book films Kev.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on July 09, 2019, 02:57:34 PM

Oh she was. He spares no detail in his last special. That was the one where, having seemingly exhausted  every back stage story, he delved into his conjugal routines.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 09, 2019, 03:01:10 PM

Back in those days, aeroplanes didn't have the sort of power to weight ratios that we take for granted nowadays, and nor did Hollywood directors.