Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:41:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wasting police time

Started by Pingers, July 09, 2019, 09:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pingers

The police, yeah? Their job, right. Their job is to arrest people. Sometimes for being black, but sometimes for other things as well. So if they arrest you for wasting their time then that's a good use of their time, not a waste, so they've gone and shot themselves in the foot there. And possibly you also, while no-one was looking.

So if any of you have been arrested for wasting police time, I will take your case on and win, not on a point of law, but on a point of logic. No win, no fee.

Dex Sawash

Best thing on cab right now

Pingers

Sorry, I'm off my guts on Solpadein Max

Spudgun

QuoteSo if any of you have been arrested for wasting police time, I will take your case on and win, not on a point of law, but on a point of logic. No win, no fee.

You sound like just the person I need to defend me after I was arrested for resisting arrest.

madhair60

I have stolen the premise of this thread and will be working it into a webcomic.

alan nagsworth

I once got arrested for MAKING police time.

Basically I created a TV show called Police Time but it turns out my entire show, including every single plot, scene, character and line of dialogue, was exactly replicating another show called The Bill. How the fuck was I supposed to know I'd done that? Anyway that's the exact question I asked the judge and in the end he admitted I'd done it all by mistake and they let me off.

Maurice Yeatman

Trudie Styler's Guide to Tantric Yoga.

Ferris

Quote from: Pingers on July 09, 2019, 09:54:06 PM
The police, yeah? Their job, right. Their job is to arrest people. Sometimes for being black, but sometimes for other things as well. So if they arrest you for wasting their time then that's a good use of their time, not a waste, so they've gone and shot themselves in the foot there. And possibly you also, while no-one was looking.

So if any of you have been arrested for wasting police time, I will take your case on and win, not on a point of law, but on a point of logic. No win, no fee.

What if you intended to waste their time a lot in the future, and dipped your toe in the water with a little bit of wasting their time, right, to start you on your life of crime, but then the old bill come round your house and give you a clip round the ear and says "don't do that anymore", so you pack it in and it ends your future police time-wasting plans so instead of you wasting 20 hours of the rozzer's time down the road like you were planning, 30 minutes of getting a clip around the ear has been time well-spent by Plod.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Maurice Yeatman on July 09, 2019, 11:40:45 PM

Ugh, please stop reminding me of this beige 90s Q magazine style gloss goss

batwings

Once told the Police that Richard Burton and Roger Moore had stolen my car and were racing down the M5 in it so they better get after them.

thenoise

One time the police wasted my time, and I attempted a citizen's arrest. Didn't turn out too great to be honest.

Noonling

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 09, 2019, 11:55:35 PM
What if you intended to waste their time a lot in the future, and dipped your toe in the water with a little bit of wasting their time, right, to start you on your life of crime, but then the old bill come round your house and give you a clip round the ear and says "don't do that anymore", so you pack it in and it ends your future police time-wasting plans so instead of you wasting 20 hours of the rozzer's time down the road like you were planning, 30 minutes of getting a clip around the ear has been time well-spent by Plod.

But that potential future time wouldn't be wasted, because they'd still be doing their job then, i.e. arresting people.

FOILED by LOGIC.

Brian Freeze

We could save the police time and throw ourselves down the stairs to begin with.

koeman

Quote from: Maurice Yeatman on July 09, 2019, 11:40:45 PM

Are you suggesting that Sting's desperate to shoot his bolt, but his missus has forced him into these performance-lengthening exercises against his horny will? I've never considered it from that angle before.

(nice gag, by the way)

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: koeman on July 10, 2019, 09:39:46 AM
Are you suggesting that Sting's desperate to shoot his bolt, but his missus has forced him into these performance-lengthening exercises against his horny will? I've never considered it from that angle before.

He never did tantric with Frances Tomelty and they were together for 10 years. Into the CaB Book of Facts it goes.

imitationleather

I was fitted up for killing Lesley Molseed back in the '70s. Got out eventually because they proved someone else did it but then I only went and dropped dead from a heart attack within eighteen months. The whole thing was a bit of a drag, to be honest.

From beyond the grave I advise you waste the police's time whenever you can.

Ferris

Quote from: Noonling on July 10, 2019, 09:02:53 AM
But that potential future time wouldn't be wasted, because they'd still be doing their job then, i.e. arresting people.

FOILED by LOGIC.

Got me there. If you need a para-legal on these cases of LOGIC and REASON then send me a PM (plus cheque for several thousand pounds and travel expenses).

Quote from: alan nagsworth on July 09, 2019, 11:37:17 PM
I once got arrested for MAKING police time.

Basically I created a TV show called Police Time but it turns out my entire show, including every single plot, scene, character and line of dialogue, was exactly replicating another show called The Bill. How the fuck was I supposed to know I'd done that? Anyway that's the exact question I asked the judge and in the end he admitted I'd done it all by mistake and they let me off.

I got arrested for wasting police Thyme!

I had a brief stint as chef in the police hq canteen and they started me off on SpagBols...needless to say Im a clumsy little fucker and my elbow knocked into the spice and herbs rack and...well you can guess what happened next

Sebastian Cobb

The same happened to me but they let me off when I gave them some cash as a doken gesture.