Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:51:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Real life people with comedy names.

Started by hummingofevil, July 10, 2019, 02:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hummingofevil

Just been reading this article about unknown top-level baseballer Mike Trout.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/baseball/48894773

Mike Trout. That is a classic comedy name if ever I have heard one. Maybe not quite fitting for the job he has but that is a minor fail on a major pass. Any others?

Will Quince is fucking perfect for this utter bellend. Posh boy Tory MP for Essex heartlands.

Edit: The prick is writing his own Chris Morris routines. https://twitter.com/patrick_kidd/status/1148532162649612289 His Twitter is comedy gold throughout.

zomgmouse

Twed

I worked with somebody with the first name Iwona and the last name Kiss (writing it this way to prevent Googling)

Noodle Lizard

I don't know if we're only doing public figures, but growing up there was a boy from another school called Ebenezer Glasscock - a comedy name that would probably be considered "too broad" if written into a pitch.

DrGreggles

EOLAN

I barely could name any active baseball players but Mike Trout was one I was well aware of.

Funny names. Nah nothing. Although I always thought Mandy Moore was a rhyming slang joke name..

thenoise

How could Derek Jarman not employ the amusingly named actor Gay Gaynor

Jockice

Quote from: Twed on July 10, 2019, 06:12:48 AM
I worked with somebody with the first name Iwona and the last name Kiss (writing it this way to prevent Googling)

If we're doing it this way (and because I once mentioned them by their full names on another site once and I got accused of being the school bully) in my first year at secondary i shared a class with somebody with the first name Jeremy and the last name Titman and  somebody with the first name Elton and the last name Hyman. There was also a Maycock but he had a very normal first name.

lazyhour

My mum used to work with someone called Dr Nelarine Cornelius.

Shit Good Nose

I've mentioned several times over the years that my counterpart in the Exeter office when I worked for the Ministry of Agriculture was one John Schitte.  His parents were German, who came to the UK as Hitler got in, and Schitte is, of course, a very common and normal name in Germany where it doesn't mean "shit". 

A novelty that quickly became normal.  He's probably dead now.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: lazyhour on July 10, 2019, 09:17:36 AM
My mum used to work with someone called Dr Nelarine Cornelius.

Her parents must have made that name up as she seems to be the only person in any Google result for Nelarine.  I wanted to know if it's pronounced like Porkupine.

MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES
MIKE GAPES

Mike Gapes.

Bad Ambassador

Went to school with a boy called Harry Bullock. Only two letters away. Short temper.

Cuellar

jobotic

We had a teacher called Mr Tamborini with the initial X. We were too parochial to think of the name Xavier (which was his name) so we called him Xylophone Tambourine-y. It was well classic. Particularly when he got cross and someone would say "alright Xylophone, keep your hair on". But neither of those were his real names and we were probably racists, so no.

Sebastian Cobb

Had a customer with the surname Boocock, and their email system capitalised it to make it even more intrusive.

PlanktonSideburns

Bently Sheds

A friend of mine worked in a British branch of a German company. One of the guys he regularly dealt with was called Berndt Ratz.

He also tried to convince me there was a guy with the surname of Dreier who was known in the UK office as "hairdryer" but I was having none of it.

Cursus

Where I used to work, one of our clients was called I. Graham Taylor. (I guess you can probably imagine what phrase people tried to sneak into phone calls with, or letters to, him.)

I also genuinely worked with someone whose name was Peter Vile.

Tony Yeboah

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on July 10, 2019, 06:55:38 AM
I don't know if we're only doing public figures, but growing up there was a boy from another school called Ebenezer Glasscock - a comedy name that would probably be considered "too broad" if written into a pitch.

You could always see him coming

Leyton Bracegirdle. Not a pernickety minor civil servant in a P G Wodehouse story, but a music manager at MTV.

buttgammon

studpuppet

Oh come on. It's Tokyo Sexwhale.

And best name to generate a comedy nickname: "One Size" Fitz Hall

seepage

knew a Herpaul Dhooper, which has as a nice flow to it.

bobloblaw

On a trade magazine, I once subbed an article featuring a Granville Clutterbuck.

Had to check twice that the byline wasn't Roy Clarke.

And once sifted through a pile of CVs in which Susan Topless swiftly rose to the top of the pile.