Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:05:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Real life people with comedy names.

Started by hummingofevil, July 10, 2019, 02:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on August 26, 2019, 08:56:03 PM
I knew of a Christian Crisp at school, which is at least slightly amusing.
I knew Barry and Emma Crisp (twins)

That's not really comedy though

H-O-W-L

There was someone on the books at my old job with the last name "Raper", I shit ye not. I have no idea why they or their relatives didn't consider changing it.

non capisco

My old counterpart in the Los Angeles office was a lady called Rusty Burris. I thought that sounded like a phrase for when you haven't wiped your arse properly. You know, "Oooh, I ran out of toilet paper and was late for work and now I'm on the bus with a rusty burris!" Once I'd thought that it was game over, I'm afraid. Her name just made me laugh too much whenever I saw it and that was all she was now, an immature joke to amuse a sad man-boy who lives on his own in Penge. Here she comes down Hollywood Boulevard in her Grand Cherokee, flaxen hair shimmering in the cradling warmth of dusk. There I am in London looking out of the window watching a load of Police Community Volunteers trying and failing to corral a gibbering female crack addict who looks like Mervyn Hayes. It was worse when I told everyone else in the London despatch office. They're all to a man as big a dickhead as I am. OO, I NEED TO GO TO THE JACKS TO SORT ME BURRIS OUT, IT'S RUSTY AS FUCK.

Sorry about all that, Rusty. May your god go with you, and your burris.

purlieu

Laura Gammon.

Probably even less popular a surname than ever these days.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: non capisco on August 28, 2019, 10:41:16 PM

Sorry about all that, Rusty. May your god go with you, and your burris.

https://www.c-span.org/person/?rustyburris

Headline: "Rusty Burris is a victim". Poor chap.

NurseNugent

I got a postcard today from a guy called Werner Titz.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: NurseNugent on September 17, 2019, 08:35:52 PM
I got a postcard today from a guy called Werner Titz.
Which sounds like it should be a pun but I'll be fucked if I can work it out.

RoadMaintenanceTycoon

PlanktonSideburns

High Plains Drifter is a 1973 American Western film directed by and starring Clint Eastwood, written by Ernest Tidyman

NoSleep

Famous Mortimer

There's an attorney at my place called Howl Bean.

Shaky

Going about my day's work I happened upon a urologist with the fitting name of Dr David Winkle.