Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:28:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hangover food

Started by Beagle 2, July 10, 2019, 12:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

What's it to be lads?

I'm stewing in my own filth and noises such as car doors slamming and gusts of wind are pounding into my skull like a jackhammer.

I feel unwell but I must eat. Bring me something.

shiftwork2

Never forgotten the CaBber who feasted on an unmicrowaved Rustlers burger.  All that cold grey meaty goodness.

Chollis

imitationleather

Quote from: shiftwork2 on July 10, 2019, 12:47:51 PM
Never forgotten the CaBber who feasted on an unmicrowaved Rustlers burger.  All that cold grey meaty goodness.

Blimey never heard that one before but it sounds like something Cack Hen would have done.

Sebastian Cobb

That Frikadellen stuff you get from lidl/aldi is good for hangovers. 90 seconds in a microwave but with enough foreign charm not to be as awful as a rustlers.

Smell like guffs when you open the packet though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Charred pork damage in black slather

Beagle 2

I can't move. Gonna have to phone pizza. Pizza men are five doors away. Must I put trousers on for this. Oh god in heaven help me.

Utter Shit

Potato waffles and bacon with a load of ketchup, and a big pint of Coke from a bottle that's been open a while so it's lost a bit - but not all - of its fizz. Loads of ice in there as well.

Salt and pepper ribs.

Special fried rice.

Couple of cans of Coke.

Three beers this evening and some video games.

Beagle 2

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 10, 2019, 01:23:59 PM
Salt and pepper ribs.

Special fried rice.

Couple of cans of Coke.

Three beers this evening and some video games.

This is the winning answer. I want these things but I'm not sure I can make them happen. I won't be shaving much off my Virtua Racing laptimes in this state of mess of death.

Cuntbeaks

Egg and potato scone on a crispy roll with fried onions.

And

Links and potato scone on crispy roll with fried onions.

Both with condiment of choice.

Beverage may consist of a cup of tea or a can of limeade or both.

Bazooka

Yeah shitting and more beer(into different glasses most times) always sorts me out good and proper. Greasy food no longer works, unless its some kind of fried beast.

rasta-spouse

Something fatty (like a bacon sandwich or sloppy burger) + something fizzy. Works well.

Or drink a lot of water and have a 2hr nap in Transformers bed linen. You'll wake up rehydrated guaranteed.

poo

Goblin Hamburgers in Gravy

Ugh I just ordered at the Grazing Shed; hipster burger place. Order came to 18 quids and Im not even hungry. Its just arrived as Im writing and I genuinely dont know how Im gonna eat it all

GMTV

Quote from: Misspent Boners on July 10, 2019, 02:02:16 PM
Ugh I just ordered at the Grazing Shed; hipster burger place. Order came to 18 quids and Im not even hungry. Its just arrived as Im writing and I genuinely dont know how Im gonna eat it all

Perfect hangover order. Huge quantities of crap food you don't even want to eat. At best a mildly positive feeling at time of eating followed by overwhelmingly negative feelings afterwards.

imitationleather

It's Tuesday or definitely some other similar day at least. Why are you in this state? Get a fucking grip.

Chollis

Quote from: imitationleather on July 10, 2019, 02:13:46 PM
It's Tuesday or definitely some other similar day at least. Why are you in this state? Get a fucking grip.

This country....

One thing about moving to a rural idyll is that food delivery people really can't be arsed with going to a rural idyll.  This has prolonged a few hangovers that might previously have been mitigated by pizza or Indian food.
I've just checked Just Eat which normally has 0 (zero) food places willing to deliver here, and to my surprise found one, taking preorders for later, Deborah's Pies. Let's have a look... first item on their menu
Quote"Stick Meat - Meat & veggies on a stick."
Actually Deborah I think I'm ok, thanks.

Sebastian Cobb

Go to a country pub and have a lunch / get back on it.

Norton Canes

You need to eat the brain of a creature that does not have a hangover

Preferably warm

kngen

Quote from: GMTV on July 10, 2019, 02:12:16 PM
Perfect hangover order. Huge quantities of crap food you don't even want to eat. At best a mildly positive feeling at time of eating followed by overwhelmingly negative feelings afterwards.

I don't think I've had such conflicting feelings of shame yet secret triumph when I got breakfast from McDonalds delivered.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: kngen on July 10, 2019, 02:34:11 PM
I don't think I've had such conflicting feelings of shame yet secret triumph when I got breakfast from McDonalds delivered.

I'm never up early enough if I'm hungover :(

Beagle 2

NEWS: I have eaten 1x co-op chicken madras PLUS 8x pataks poppadoms WITH chopped onions AND lime pickle ACCOMPANIED by pepsi ALSO dessert crisps

We got there in the end

Icehaven

Ready Salted crisps and Ribena used to be my go to, salt and vitamin replenishment. Wetherspoons Eggs Benedict and orange juice is also good, but involves getting up, leaving the house and getting to a Spoons before noon, and there's obviously a huge temptation for a bit of hair of the dog, which historically rarely ends well for me. Luckily I don't really need hangover cures anymore, not because I don't drink too much, I'm just a bit more careful about what I drink too much of, no more cheap shit vodka, stick to mid price white wine and I'm golden. 

Icehaven

Quote from: kngen on July 10, 2019, 02:34:11 PM

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 10, 2019, 02:39:45 PM
I'm never up early enough if I'm hungover :(

What the FUCK are they thinking stopping breakfast service at 10.30am?! Who wants a Big Mac at 10.31am ffs? Nightworkers? students? Are they really the kind of clientele McDonalds cares about more than normal people? 

Dex Sawash

Donuts have caused my gut to hangover my belt

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: icehaven on July 10, 2019, 02:56:46 PM
What the FUCK are they thinking stopping breakfast service at 10.30am?! Who wants a Big Mac at 10.31am ffs? Nightworkers? students? Are they really the kind of clientele McDonalds cares about more than normal people? 

God knows, I don't know why they can't transition over to burgers upto lunchtime, surely they can make both.

It's like those cafes that stop doing breakfasts, but have a sandwich menu that still involves all of the ingredients in some way.

Icehaven

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 10, 2019, 03:03:28 PM
It's like those cafes that stop doing breakfasts, but have a sandwich menu that still involves all of the ingredients in some way.

A long-standing bugbear of mine. One day I'm going to go into one after noon and order a combination of meals with all the constituents of breakfast, put it all together on one plate and slam it on the counter screaming ''LOOK!!! NOT HARD IS IT????''