Author Topic: Taskmaster - Series 9 [merged]  (Read 2314 times)

Re: Taskmaster - Series 9 [merged]
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2019, 09:58:31 AM »
Baddiel - liked him since the 90s, I know he's not funny - he knows he's not funny; but he has a way of being brutally honest that's refreshing
Gamble - so-so, no real comedy chops, but he's good at inciting banter on panel I've noticed - and a guy in his 30s who dresses like he's 21 to cultivate a particular audience base is inherently comic.
Brand - a one note comic (from the Mary Whitehouse radio days up). I like how she "sent the whole faux-liberal plane crashing into the ocean" last month, but then again she did it by being crap, lazy and one-note.
Katy Wix - like her DaveTalk, liked some of her sketch stuff, funny person.
Rose Matefeo - aware she won Perrier award but haven't seen the show, have seen her on about 3 panels (Hypothetical, HIGNFY, U-Worrier) and she looks confused and uncomfortable.

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2019, 12:20:08 PM »
Sinha, Sanders, Osman, Key, Kumar.

All disappointingly nice.

great spots. i spotted wang and matafeo. also saw suzy ruffell who will no doubt be in taskmaster in the next couple of years.

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2019, 11:08:12 AM »

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2019, 12:30:47 PM »
Great bit from that interview:

“Here’s a little secret for you: Frank (Skinner) loved it so much, he organised a little holiday for him and the other Taskmaster contestants from his series, but only Tim Key turned up. They were supposed to be going to Amsterdam or Brussels or something, but only Tim was at the train station. They had a lovely time, though.”

up_the_hampipe

• Crowd appeaser
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2019, 01:01:43 PM »
Great bit from that interview:

“Here’s a little secret for you: Frank (Skinner) loved it so much, he organised a little holiday for him and the other Taskmaster contestants from his series, but only Tim Key turned up. They were supposed to be going to Amsterdam or Brussels or something, but only Tim was at the train station. They had a lovely time, though.”

This made me very sad.

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2019, 01:35:27 PM »
Chortle interviews with the contestants: https://www.chortle.co.uk/interviews/2019/08/20/44094

With Greg & Alex: https://www.chortle.co.uk/interviews/2019/08/20/44092

(Some spoilers - probably more than the Baddiel interview)

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2019, 01:50:14 PM »
This made me very sad.

Don't feel sad, it isn't true:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/frank-skinner-reveals-worst-ever-9971028

Frank says: “It was really, really fun to do. We all enjoyed it so much that four of us went on a day trip to Cologne afterwards just because we liked hanging out together so much.

“I went with Alex Horne, Tim Key and Josh Widdicombe to see Cologne Cathedral because Tim had said it was beautiful. We were there for 22 hours.

« Reply #37 on: Yesterday at 09:50:12 PM »
Jo Brand has suddenly made me realise that Arthur Smith would be a perfect contestant for Series 10.

« Reply #38 on: Yesterday at 09:51:47 PM »
Jo Brand has suddenly made me realise that Arthur Smith would be a perfect contestant for Series 10.

Saw him in a pub during the Fringe wearing normal clothes and a policeman's helmet.

Angrew Lloyg Wegger

• the litter bins are for dry paper waste only
  • Golden Member
  • and are not to be used for shat, piddle, or spew
    • instagram ponce
« Reply #39 on: Yesterday at 10:08:55 PM »
Rumour has it that she kills Greg in the final episode.

Does whoever kills the Taskmaster become the Taskmaster? I'd watch that.