Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:23:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster - Series 9 [merged]

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, July 10, 2019, 10:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rasta-spouse

Baddiel - liked him since the 90s, I know he's not funny - he knows he's not funny; but he has a way of being brutally honest that's refreshing
Gamble - so-so, no real comedy chops, but he's good at inciting banter on panel I've noticed - and a guy in his 30s who dresses like he's 21 to cultivate a particular audience base is inherently comic.
Brand - a one note comic (from the Mary Whitehouse radio days up). I like how she "sent the whole faux-liberal plane crashing into the ocean" last month, but then again she did it by being crap, lazy and one-note.
Katy Wix - like her DaveTalk, liked some of her sketch stuff, funny person.
Rose Matefeo - aware she won Perrier award but haven't seen the show, have seen her on about 3 panels (Hypothetical, HIGNFY, U-Worrier) and she looks confused and uncomfortable.

Hat FM

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 13, 2019, 09:34:12 PM
Sinha, Sanders, Osman, Key, Kumar.

All disappointingly nice.

great spots. i spotted wang and matafeo. also saw suzy ruffell who will no doubt be in taskmaster in the next couple of years.

Great bit from that interview:

"Here's a little secret for you: Frank (Skinner) loved it so much, he organised a little holiday for him and the other Taskmaster contestants from his series, but only Tim Key turned up. They were supposed to be going to Amsterdam or Brussels or something, but only Tim was at the train station. They had a lovely time, though."

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on August 20, 2019, 12:30:47 PM
Great bit from that interview:

"Here's a little secret for you: Frank (Skinner) loved it so much, he organised a little holiday for him and the other Taskmaster contestants from his series, but only Tim Key turned up. They were supposed to be going to Amsterdam or Brussels or something, but only Tim was at the train station. They had a lovely time, though."

This made me very sad.

olliebean

Chortle interviews with the contestants: https://www.chortle.co.uk/interviews/2019/08/20/44094

With Greg & Alex: https://www.chortle.co.uk/interviews/2019/08/20/44092

(Some spoilers - probably more than the Baddiel interview)

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on August 20, 2019, 01:01:43 PM
This made me very sad.

Don't feel sad, it isn't true:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/frank-skinner-reveals-worst-ever-9971028

QuoteFrank says: "It was really, really fun to do. We all enjoyed it so much that four of us went on a day trip to Cologne afterwards just because we liked hanging out together so much.

"I went with Alex Horne, Tim Key and Josh Widdicombe to see Cologne Cathedral because Tim had said it was beautiful. We were there for 22 hours.

vainsharpdad

Jo Brand has suddenly made me realise that Arthur Smith would be a perfect contestant for Series 10.

DrGreggles

Quote from: vainsharpdad on August 25, 2019, 09:50:12 PM
Jo Brand has suddenly made me realise that Arthur Smith would be a perfect contestant for Series 10.

Saw him in a pub during the Fringe wearing normal clothes and a policeman's helmet.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 11, 2019, 07:43:27 PM
Rumour has it that she kills Greg in the final episode.

Does whoever kills the Taskmaster become the Taskmaster? I'd watch that.

EbbyVale

Frank says: "It was really, really fun to do. We all enjoyed it so much that four of us went on a day trip to Cologne afterwards just because we liked hanging out together so much.

"I went with Alex Horne, Tim Key and Josh Widdicombe to see Cologne Cathedral because Tim had said it was beautiful. We were there for 22 hours.

So did Tim actually deliver on a prize task, or was this just inspired by Tim's contribution?

olliebean

Bloody hell, this starts this Wednesday.

Puce Moment

Quote from: olliebean on September 01, 2019, 02:14:28 PMBloody hell, this starts this Wednesday.

I know, I know, but BADDIEL and BRAND. I think I could take one, but a double-assault might be more than I can take. I said the format was strong enough to deal with annoying contestants (as seen in almost every series, but definitely season 8) but after watching that Alex Horne mastermind bit with Brand I might have to gracelessly bow out of this one felicia.

"Do you care about winning?

Thankfully not. I don't think anyone really does. Actually, I think Ed does. He gets quite angry if he feels he's not got the points he deserves." klaxon.

olliebean

I didn't know these interviews were there. Here are the first three:

Baddiel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6bwCv-TF_8
Gamble: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec8g8K99hyk
Brand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwkEzuRuFVw

I presume the remaining two will appear tomorrow and Tuesday.

Ja'moke

Small Man Big Horse

Fuck me, Baddiel really is bad in this.

Bad Ambassador

The phone number Alex gave out is real.

Ja'moke

Already on board with this series from the moment Alex Horne pointed at the sellotaped aubergine and it fell off the wall.

It's only the first episode, but there was much more fun vibe between this group compared to Series 8.

chrispmartha

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, I think theres a good mix of personalities.

Plus, I think I've got a crush on Katy Wix, she just seems lovely

EbbyVale

Pleasing return to form, I thought. I very much enjoyed Ed Gamble's Alex-baiting.

chveik

good comfort tv. they might want to slow things down at some point, Alex's kids must miss him.

way too many sexual innuendos though.

Cardenio I

Very much enjoyed this, looks like a decent group in terms of mix and chemistry. Ed Gamble, who i've been lukewarm on elsewhere, charmed particularly; Rose Matafeo, who I'm a fan of, was quiet but I reckon will come into her own.

However, I have to call bullshit on the "make the biggest entrance task". There is no way those people were told to make the biggest entrance within an hour. Did Baddiel source that Phone Box in an hour? Jo Brand the Henry VIII costume? etc. Then getting the cameramen in place? Saying what postproduction effects to apply? I know it seems really niggly, but it seemed so obvious to me that the instructions we saw them be given were so clearly different from what instructions they were actually given that it really took me out of the show. Seems picky but the whole joy of taskmaster is watching them work within the given parameters - for me that whole section just rang totally false.

chveik

Quote from: Cardenio I on September 06, 2019, 11:48:14 PM
However, I have to call bullshit on the "make the biggest entrance task". There is no way those people were told to make the biggest entrance within an hour. Did Baddiel source that Phone Box in an hour? Jo Brand the Henry VIII costume? etc. Then getting the cameramen in place? Saying what postproduction effects to apply? I know it seems really niggly, but it seemed so obvious to me that the instructions we saw them be given were so clearly different from what instructions they were actually given that it really took me out of the show. Seems picky but the whole joy of taskmaster is watching them work within the given parameters - for me that whole section just rang totally false.

it happens all the time with the "creative" tasks.

olliebean

The phone box is presumably on site, as it's been used in tasks before.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Cardenio I on September 06, 2019, 11:48:14 PM
However, I have to call bullshit on the "make the biggest entrance task". There is no way those people were told to make the biggest entrance within an hour.

The time limit set is for them to come up with the concept.
They probably film it on a different day.

Virgo76

BeardFaceMan

Is the drinking game for this series going to be to take a shot every time Jo Brand says "that'll do" or "I cant be arsed"?

Puce Moment

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on September 07, 2019, 01:10:12 PMIs the drinking game for this series going to be to take a shot every time Jo Brand says "that'll do" or "I cant be arsed"?

I don't want to thread-shit but yeah, it was a countdown to her first use of that and I think the dodo/lolly task was the first evidence of it.