Author Topic: Taskmaster - Series 9 [merged]  (Read 6056 times)

Re: Taskmaster - Series 9 [merged]
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2019, 09:15:55 PM »
Greg likes Rose.

« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2019, 11:20:07 PM »

bollocks

• how's yer father? seriously, how is he?
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2019, 04:16:56 AM »
i don't think i can watch this anymore now i have noticed the frequency of 'genuinely'

it's such a shame because i love this programme

bollocks

• how's yer father? seriously, how is he?
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2019, 04:17:56 AM »
genuinely, how often do you say 'genuinely' in life

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2019, 07:13:49 AM »
Literally millions.

Utter Shit

• Snotty Bumstead
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2019, 09:33:08 AM »
That bin task really confused me - surely the list of accepted moves should have made it almost impossible to get it wrong? Being able to tip one over, shake one and drop something in one pretty much rules those three out (I know someone was incredibly unlucky that they dropped something on Alex and managed to hit the bottom which made it seem like it was empty), and then on top of that you could make a phone call and seemingly hear the phone ring. Really confused me that they all struggled with it, I'm guessing I just didn't understand it.

Also, as much as I love Ed Gamble, he should be banned from using his phone from now on the cheating scumbag.

« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2019, 01:18:04 PM »
Around the end of that episode, I suddenly became involuntarily transfixed by how fat and pink Greg's neck is, and now I don't know if I'm going to be able to ignore it for the rest of the series.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 03:15:23 PM by olliebean »

Sin Agog

• Dogs fucked the pope; no fault of mine
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2019, 01:26:57 PM »
Great ep.  Digging the excitable pups the most, which is unfortunate, as Ed Gamble passed away shortly after eating that sour sweet.

Ja'moke

• based on the novel Push by Sapphire
    • Inside Survivor
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2019, 03:05:11 PM »
Excellent bit this week with the build-up to Ed creating a baby statue and the realisation from the audience of what was about to happen.

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2019, 09:52:04 AM »
Thought it was a very good episode in general. And it's been a great start to the series.

Only real negative so far has been Jo Brand wheeling out her tired "I can't be arsed" stuff too often. The whole reason for the premise working is that everyone buys into it and tries to win/wants to avoid losing. That's what makes the failures more entertaining. Just deliberately failing in a boring way is not entertaining.

« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2019, 11:54:11 AM »
Thought it was a very good episode in general. And it's been a great start to the series.

Only real negative so far has been Jo Brand wheeling out her tired "I can't be arsed" stuff too often. The whole reason for the premise working is that everyone buys into it and tries to win/wants to avoid losing. That's what makes the failures more entertaining. Just deliberately failing in a boring way is not entertaining.

I think the editing is playing that up, though. The task where they had to enter the caravan within 2 minutes of Alex, and she thought it meant exactly 2 minutes after Alex, she'd only been waiting for less than 2 minutes but the edit made it look like she'd been dithering around for ages.

I must admit, I wondered if they were all going to fail that task on the grounds that they all sat down, in contravention of Alex's first spoken instruction. I suspect that might have been included as a gotcha, but they decided not to go with it as it would have eliminated everyone.

« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2019, 01:16:43 PM »
Also, on the 'score a goal' task, did it even say that they had to be driving the roller?

« Reply #72 on: Yesterday at 11:33:51 AM »
Not minding Jo Brand in this, did like her "I just got on with it like a nerdy little fuckwit" line.

Was quite worried Baddiel was gonna cripple himself or herniate something as he ineffectualy wielded the sledgehammer. He's cementing my opinion of him of being, at most, a very mediocre person.

Ambient Sheep

• I give up.
« Reply #73 on: Yesterday at 01:01:27 PM »
But but but he got a double-first from Cambridge!!!!11

I loved the fact he thought he could melt that down with lighter fuel, or indeed anything short of a blast furnace...