Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:51:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster - Series 9 [merged]

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, July 10, 2019, 10:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Come on everyone! It's weird to be publicly speculating about Katy Wix's mental health based on a funny comment she made on a comedy programme.

rasta-spouse

So what happened was, I read SMBH and Bad Ambassador's posts in conjunction and assumed that one thing had led to the other (i.e. depressive symptoms --> no longer being on the show).  A misunderstanding on my part. Which led me to wonder if I'd missed something massive.

Anyway, it's all solved now - a scheduling conflict. And no more reading between the lines for this guy!

Ja'moke

Never has a rubber egg caused so much drama.

Another really fun episode tonight. Ed's water feature was a particular highlight.

chveik

they should ditch the prize task now

Sin Agog

Ed Gamble's a quick little boy, and Greg clearly gets a kick out of him more than almost any contestant they've ever had on.  Weird seeing him here while relistening to him as a plump fifteen-year-old on the Ray Peacock/Raji James pod.

DrGreggles

The Lurker

I have the same boxers as David Baddiel. I think I bought them in ASDA if you wish to be as stylish as David and I.

Puce Moment

I thought that was a strong and very funny episode. Gamble is fitting in very nicely to the format, and Baddiel stripping off for no reason was good stuff.

Gutted that Wix won't be around as she is my favourite of this current crop.

Ja'moke

Quote from: chveik on September 26, 2019, 12:03:06 AM
they should ditch the prize task now

Definitely. The prize task is well past its sell-by-date; it stopped being funny at least four series ago. Hopefully they'll drop it soon or come up with a way to revamp it somewhat.

DrGreggles

They need to have something studio-based besides the final task and the prize task is fine.
I also liked the 'Here's £20, buy something for the Taskmaster' round they used to have.

QuoteGutted that Wix won't be around as she is my favourite of this current crop.

She's lovely.

Utter Shit

Katy Wix advising Alex to tell someone if he was being bullied, then immediately dismissing him when he tried to tell her, was so funny. "Why are you telling me, I don't care". Amazing.

arpster

Very enjoyable series thus far - a huge upgrade on the previous outing....i'm liking all of the cast with the exception of Brand who's barely phoning it in - what was formerly her miserablist schtick is now just genuinely miserable arle twatness.....Baddiel is surprisingly (relatively) jolly and can take a bit of stick with good humour...Wix is an understated joy - the least said about the 'depressed' fuckin nonsense earlier in the thread the better ....star so far though is Ed Gamble...not mad about his standup but he's great in this

beanheadmcginty

Not that I'm not enjoying him, but I am genuinely surprised by how thick Baddiel appears to be. How has he got so far in life? He owes Newman and Skinner a vast unpayable debt of gratitude.

Small Man Big Horse

This series really has been a lot better than I thought it'd be, I don't even hate David Baddiel any more, I mean the man's a twat but I find his idiocy quite funny. And yes, Katy is all kinds of lovely and I am a bit in love with her, but I'd like to stress it's her mind I love, not (just) her body you monsters.

remedial_gash

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 28, 2019, 04:01:50 PM
This series really has been a lot better than I thought it'd be, I don't even hate David Baddiel any more, I mean the man's a twat but I find his idiocy quite funny. And yes, Katy is all kinds of lovely and I am a bit in love with her, but I'd like to stress it's her mind I love, not (just) her body you monsters.

Admit it, you also got slightly aroused at the bra talk, you dirty old etc - though it might be Gregg that turns me on.Oh dear.

gilbertharding

Well, that was odd wasn't it?

Someone spotted that the reason it was Kerri Godliman was so they would still be seated in alphabetical order (although there's such a big gap between J and R, it could have been lots of people, thinking about it...).

DrGreggles

Don't they film all the studio bits on consecutive nights over the course of a week?
Seems odd that Katy was Ill for just one of those and they were able to find 2 previous winners available to fill in at short notice.

#TMconspiracy

A rare duff episode, I thought. A combination of weak tasks (the egg timer one was ok, but there was little room for creativity in the others) and not having Katy in the studio. She's been one of my favourite ever contestants - she's unlike anyone else they've had on.

Puce Moment

Wix is my favourite of this lot, and even her non-presence gave rise to some really funny moments in the studio.

It was an ok episode, but the lassoo one was a bit plops, especially when it had such an obvious out.

DrGreggles

Highlight
Greg: "I've forgotten its name."
Alex: "It's David Baddiel."

EbbyVale

I enjoyed the riffs on Katy's absence, and it's always entertaining to watch how delighted Greg gets when an argument breaks out. But I increasingly worry that there's going to be some story in a year's time headlined "Taskmaster led me to discover my dementia, says Baddiel." Sometimes it's funny that he's so crap and sometimes it's just alarming.

Gurke and Hare

"Does a watch count as a timing device?"

amateur

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 03, 2019, 02:42:16 PM
Don't they film all the studio bits on consecutive nights over the course of a week?
Seems odd that Katy was Ill for just one of those and they were able to find 2 previous winners available to fill in at short notice.

#TMconspiracy

They film two episodes a day, I went to the afternoon filming the day after Katy was off - so she was ill for a day.

Might have been the shits tbh.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Puce Moment on October 03, 2019, 04:42:41 PM
the lassoo one was a bit plops, especially when it had such an obvious out.

It did give us Baddiel tying wooden spoons to a rope though, so was worth it for that. And Rose only moving the line part of the way there and still having to throw the rope a short distance.

I really enjoyed the episode again, though it did miss having Katy in the studio. Her probing questions in the interview task were great.

DrGreggles

For those missing her, here's Katy's episode of the Brian Gittins and Friends podcast.

If you haven't heard it before you might find it a little baffling...

Ambient Sheep

https://twitter.com/paulsinha/status/1179304493126733824?s=19

QuoteI have renamed my Parkinson's "Priti Patel" because it loves to restrict freedom of movement.

Spode

Feel I can now neatly classify my enjoyment of any episode of this into two distinct categories:

I like it when they do stuff but hate it when they create stuff. The only exceptions being that Bob Mortimer song and James Acaster's GTA remake.

Ambient Sheep

No love for Tree Wizard?

Or does that count as doing stuff?

I thought Rhod Gilbert's Space Invaders was superb, although I am slightly baffled as to how he arranged it in the time available...

Puce Moment

Jo Brand's rap stands out as a low point for this show as far as I am concerned, but at least she tried. Katy's song was far better mainly because of the low-key and very funny reaction.

I haven't really gone along with people who do not like the opening task, but yesterday I have to say that I can see it losing some steam. Even Gregg looks pretty bored of it.

Big negative post, so will end by saying that this episode made me laugh many times. B+