Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:50:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Short fuse bagel shop blowout

Started by Fry, July 11, 2019, 05:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fry

You seen the latest trending video?

Basically it's this little short fella going bonkers at the staff and other patrons of a bagel restaurant. It's not entirely clear what caused it  beyond a lifetime of resentment) but when the video cuts in he's screaming about women on dating sites preferring taller men and shitting on shorties, then he starts strutting up and down threatening people before some bloke comes and tackles him to the ground.

Obviously it's getting a lot of play on twitter, people are mocking him, mentioning Napoleon a lot (unfairly, 'cuz everyone knows that Napoleon being short thing is wrong - if the bloke had a twatty triangle hat, I'd understand) and basically calling him a shitty misogynist. Which, fair enough he's being a prick. Although I can't help have some sympathy for him, as I mentioned before it's clear this is something that's been affecting his mental well-being and self esteem for a while. Our short brothers and sister do get a ...not-long shrift by society, I can kind understand someone getting a complex about it.

I will give him this though, if I was going to be a 5 foot man going on an angry tirade in shop that's exactly the voice I'd pick. Excellent character work.

Twed

He's clearly mentally ill and shouldn't be used for what is essentially entertainment. Obviously a dick but maybe situations like this should be resolved locally

Fry

I'm not sure you can diagnose him as mentally ill from that clip alone. I agree it's a bit crass to use it as entertainment though.

Twed

I'm not going to say he has something from the DSM-IV or anything, but he's in a bagel shop picking fights indiscriminately based on something that is clearly torturing him. Carrying mental baggage to the point where it can make you attack strangers like this based on imagined slights has got to qualify as mentally ill for the term to have any real meaning. He is unwell due to his mental processes.

And tiny legs.

Mr Banlon

Fry

I don't know what this guy is complaining about anyway. Prince was about 5 foot and absolutely cleaned up with the ladies.  I see no reason why this man couldn't too. He and Prince are the same. They should get the same results.

Twed

I love the idea that the situation could have been defused by you telling him that he's funky.

I hesitate to say this lest it sound like anti-"SJW" bullshit, but this dumb video is an interesting example of the internet punching down at the scapegoats of patriarchy (dwarven bagel patron who has struck out on Tinder) while ignoring the raging beefcake who thought it was acceptable to drop tackle an annoying person in public.

The internet in general just seems very spiteful and mean sometimes. If you're going to make fun of a dwarven New Yorker having a public meltdown, it had better at least be funny.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Bagel shop blowout
Go back to high school

easytarget

Fall song title "not concise enough"

thenoise

Quote from: Fry on July 11, 2019, 05:03:12 AM
Our short brothers and sister do get a ...not-long shrift by society, I can kind understand someone getting a complex about it.

I'm not sure that short women get anything like the same kind of abuse as men. I've never heard of 'short woman syndrome', men don't tend to have a minimum height requirement of women they date, etc. Yes they can never see at concerts. But they get first class leg room on every budget coach trip they ever take.

I can't remember the figure, but hasn't a man got to earn like an extra 20m for each height under 6 foot he is? That's a hell of a salary if you are 5 foot or under.

The equivalent with women, dating wise, is weight, although that is somewhat linked to personality in a way that height isn't. If a woman is able to have self control with her diet, she is likely to be in control of the rest of her life and therefore a more stable and committed life partner.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on July 11, 2019, 05:50:41 AM
I hesitate to say this lest it sound like anti-"SJW" bullshit, but this dumb video is an interesting example of the internet punching down at the scapegoats of patriarchy (dwarven bagel patron who has struck out on Tinder) while ignoring the raging beefcake who thought it was acceptable to drop tackle an annoying person in public.

The internet in general just seems very spiteful and mean sometimes. If you're going to make fun of a dwarven New Yorker having a public meltdown, it had better at least be funny.

Thank you.

Ps. He's taller than me yet just as angry

BlodwynPig

Plus the GIANT who attacked him is a fucking abusive cunt. "I am hero, AMERUCU!!!!"

Bad Ambassador

It would have been funnier if he'd just picked him up and carried him out under his arm.

Cerys

Funnier still if he'd swallowed him whole, like a snake.  Only quicker, in one swooping gulp from above, only to regurgitate him moments later, liberally coated in gastric juices and silently steaming like a fresh dog turd in February.

Beagle 2

I never really understood why short blokes had a chip on their shoulder, like it's not something I ever consciously notice. Then I was on a work trip and when we had the group photo some German guy called me "short stuff" and told me to get to the front.

Absolutely tasted adrenaline, lost my mind. Furiously googling average UK male height. I'm bang on average. BANG ON AVERAGE. I've never seen the photo but I reckon I'm purple in the face on my tiptoes shouting BANG ON AVERAGE.

Cerys

Quote from: Beagle 2 on July 11, 2019, 09:34:14 AM
I never really understood why short blokes had a chip on their shoulder

It's because people keep dropping food on them.

madhair60

I had a meltdown in Tal's Bagels nr East 87th because the lady asked me what kind of bagel I wanted and they had about 60 choices and I couldn't fucking decide. Ridiculous, unnecessary number of options.

madhair60

I went with a plain bagel with cream cheese, and she took out a ladle. A ladle. And I'm like, ah that's a full ladle of cream cheese - is that really necessary? Isn't that too much cream cheese? And she went back for a second go on the ladle! She wasn't done, CaB. She wasn't done putting cream cheese on that plain bagel.

America is the greatest country in the world, if you like cream cheese.

bgmnts

Even at 5'8" I am severely limited to who I can date and how i'm perceived so god only knows what blokes in the genuinely 5'6" and shorter range go through, jesus. I think this bloke needs some help though.

Anyway fuck men they're all oppressive misogynistic rapists etc.

Oh and bagels may be the most overrated food on the planet, they are fucking abysmal. Not even in terms of tasting awful, they are just offensively bland, to the point where I feel bad for any piece of grain that has been used to make the flour to make every bagel.

Gerald Fjord

Quote from: thenoise on July 11, 2019, 07:36:53 AM
The equivalent with women, dating wise, is weight, although that is somewhat linked to personality in a way that height isn't. If a woman is able to have self control with her diet, she is likely to be in control of the rest of her life and therefore a more stable and committed life partner.

hahahahahahaa what?

bgmnts

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on July 11, 2019, 09:43:15 AM
hahahahahahaa what?

You'd be surprised what people think of fat people, its still a stigma regardless of the mental internet bubble.

Cuellar

Quote from: thenoise on July 11, 2019, 07:36:53 AM

Or she's got an eating disorder caused by this sort of thinking.

Cuellar

Anyway that whole video is just DEPRESSING

Butchers Blind

Is there a dating site for gentlemen of limited stature?  Getting a little short with owners of a bagel shop is not the way to go about venting frustrations regarding your relationship failures.

Cuellar

Men like women to be short, women like men to be tall - is that the stereotype?

What sort of utter madness is this. Who honestly gives a toss.

"No, I can't possibly go out with you, you've got blue eyes"

?????

willpurry

Quote from: Fry on July 11, 2019, 05:25:07 AM
I don't know what this guy is complaining about anyway. Prince was about 5 foot and absolutely cleaned up with the ladies.  I see no reason why this man couldn't too. He and Prince are the same. They should get the same results.

Chollis

Quote from: Butchers Blind on July 11, 2019, 10:16:33 AM
Is there a dating site for gentlemen of limited stature?

Wouldn't it just be full of men? Short men are repellent to women.

sponk

Why is it okay to bully men for being short? It's something you can't help, and does lead to lots of discrimination, bullying, and reduced life chances generally, but it seems it's deemed okay to keep heaping misery and abuse onto an already vulnerable group of people.

I'm not watching the video, but, from the description I've read it seems he was lashing out after years of the above.  If it was a woman behaving in the exact same way, because men have bullied her for being "ugly" or something, and someone tackled her, would the reaction have been the same?

In fact, I'm sure it would have been, on alt right forums and Reddit pages. I remember seeing a video at a protest where a girl accuses a man of groping her, then she tries to slap him and another man empties a can of pepper spray into her face. Alt-righters loved that shit.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Butchers Blind on July 11, 2019, 10:16:33 AM
Is there a dating site for gentlemen of limited stature?  Getting a little short with owners of a bagel shop is not the way to go about venting frustrations regarding your relationship failures.

If there is, I sincerely hope it's called 'Get Shorty'.