Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:18:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Short fuse bagel shop blowout

Started by Fry, July 11, 2019, 05:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Quote from: madhair60 on July 11, 2019, 09:38:20 AM
I had a meltdown in Tal's Bagels nr East 87th because the lady asked me what kind of bagel I wanted and they had about 60 choices and I couldn't fucking decide. Ridiculous, unnecessary number of options.

Coo, I live around the corner from there. Shout me next time you're in town. Or don't. I'm not sure what we'd talk about. I don't even like bagels.

sponk

Someone made a good point about the the guy who tackled him. If he genuinely thought he was a dangerous physical threat, he wouldn't have tackled him, he only tackled him because he knew he couldn't hurt anyone.  If it was Georges "Rush" St. Pierre ranting like that, would the guy have tackled *him*? Would he fuck.

ETA I googled "best MMA fighters" and pasted in the first name that came up.

phantom_power

That's bollocks though. There is always the threat that someone physically attacking you could hurt you. It doesn't matter if there is a size difference. The best way to prevent that is to take them by surprise, which is what he did

TrenterPercenter

Saw a youtube video yesterday entitled "Before they were famous: Bagel Boss Guy"

WUT?!

sponk

Quote from: phantom_power on July 17, 2019, 12:35:42 PM
That's bollocks though. There is always the threat that someone physically attacking you could hurt you. It doesn't matter if there is a size difference. The best way to prevent that is to take them by surprise, which is what he did

I don't think he attacked anyone physically, but if he had, he should have been restrained reasonably. He's about 1 inch away from being of restricted height and disabled by definition, the tackle was massively out of proportion. Think the IDF and Palestine, "They fired rockets first"

phantom_power

And the award for shit analogy of the week goes to...

Exactly how many times should someone be punched in the face or nuts before they restrain someone reasonably? How do you know if you attempt to restrain someone reasonably they won't just kick you in the bollocks or pull out a knife? It is easy to talk about reasonable force when you haven't got some rabid arsehole screaming at you

It wasn't massively out of proportion. It didn't seem to hurt the shouty shorty and it ended the whole thing pretty quickly

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on July 16, 2019, 07:35:56 PM
(See also my previous post about this guy being an O&A fan)

This thread has had so many twists and turns, I forget: is that oral and anal?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: phantom_power on July 17, 2019, 04:40:15 PM
And the award for shit analogy of the week goes to...

Exactly how many times should someone be punched in the face or nuts before they restrain someone reasonably? How do you know if you attempt to restrain someone reasonably they won't just kick you in the bollocks or pull out a knife? It is easy to talk about reasonable force when you haven't got some rabid arsehole screaming at you

It wasn't massively out of proportion. It didn't seem to hurt the shouty shorty and it ended the whole thing pretty quickly

It ended it pretty quickly? You sure? I saw more video of the guy shouting at staff.

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 17, 2019, 10:39:52 PM
This thread has had so many twists and turns, I forget: is that oral and anal?

Opie and anal

popcorn

Quote from: Poobum on July 15, 2019, 10:04:35 PM
i'm 5'9, don't care about these short people. Pfft.

I didn't know they stacked shit that high !!!!!

phantom_power

Quote from: checkoutgirl on July 17, 2019, 10:50:42 PM
It ended it pretty quickly? You sure? I saw more video of the guy shouting at staff.

Then  you have invested more time in this minor incident than I have