Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:06:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lion King remake

Started by madhair60, July 11, 2019, 09:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Next time why don't they just film it using real lions?  The BBC used a real-life Aslan in 1980s Narnia and it looked fine.

BritishHobo

Is that lion still working today?

Replies From View

idunnosomename

Quote from: druss on August 03, 2019, 11:27:02 AM
Did anyone else laugh when Scar confessed and they did the flashback? I know it was in the original but it just seemed weirdly comical and took the tension out of the scene in this one.

hope they referenced this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmPmpUTr22c

I saw it and the only affect was reminding me the cartoon was good.

And these are actual images of the upcoming Lady and the Tramp.

Twit 2

Quote from: St_Eddie on July 16, 2019, 11:09:14 PM
Aye.  Ridley Scott talked about this in a recent intereview with Vulture...

I agree with this 100%.  I've long said the art of popcorn movie making is dead, generally speaking.  By and large, they're not movies anymore; they're bland sausages, designed by committee and focus tested to death, in order to offend no-one and appeal to everyone, rolling down a conveyor belt and straight into the consumer's mouth.  To an extent, populist entertainment has always been this way, but there used be different flavoured sausages; ones with herbs; others with spices.  They'd have a unique flavour and certain people would prefer certain styles of sausages to others.  Nowadays, all the sausages are the same; pale and without taste.  If you've had one, you've had them all.

If the studio could find a way to not actually make the movie, they would. The production stage is just an inconvenient part of the selling process.

Replies From View

The annoying thing about CGI animals is not being able to console yourself that they are dead by now.

Crabwalk

What they've done to 'Be Prepared' is a fucking disgrace.

Entirely fitting though, since they've removed all the fun and personality from Scar and the hyenas.

'Be Prepared' to wish you were watching the original.

rue the polywhirl

What's the most desperate CGI remake Disney could do before they have to finally come up with an original story. Bambi? Song of the South? Hercules? Fantasia with photorealistic Mickey Mouse, shoe-shining satyrs and ballerina hippoes and ostriches?

idunnosomename

photorealistic Inside Out

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 16, 2019, 11:41:28 AM
photorealistic Inside Out

And it's 85 minutes of that baboon in The Fly.