Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:05:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

AOC sued for blocking people on Twitter

Started by phantom_power, July 11, 2019, 01:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Get out of here! Gee whiz, those loony yanks

idunnosomename

for seizing upon the term "snowflake" so much, outwardly right-wing politicians seem to behave like big stroppy babies quite often

I've filed an IMMEDIATE TORT ACTION against AOC for refusing to be my girlfriend and tuck me into bed at night

Urinal Cake

I think this could be a good thing by driving politicians and public officials off social media. Get some heat out of the system.

bgmnts

Has there ever been a more flippantly litigious society in history?

Urinal Cake

It's not flippant for the Courts.  It's about holding government, politicians etc accountable in 'government speech'.
Since Trump and most politicians have blurred the lines between personal and professional on the one account the remedy is to have one personal and one professional account. This would also solve the, 'Why isn't Trump banned from Twitter for violating Twitter's policies?' outcry thing as well.   

Twed

And where better to start than with figures who represent the only political movement that is even vaguely for the people?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Twed on July 12, 2019, 01:33:48 AM
And where better to start than with figures who represent the only political movement that is even vaguely for the people?

Didn't this start with the law being applied to trump? This is a somewhat petty, yet predictable retaliation of that precedent isn't it?

Mobius

Yeah it's right ring snowflakes being triggered

Twitter have already said they can't ban Trump because he's a world leader, so Twitter rules don't seem to exist for everyone!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Mobius on July 12, 2019, 02:10:21 AM
Yeah it's right ring snowflakes being triggered

Twitter have already said they can't ban Trump because he's a world leader, so Twitter rules don't seem to exist for everyone!

Imagine if an american tech company allowed pol pot or gadaffi on back in the day. You didn't get this with aol or usenet.

Quote from: Mobius on July 12, 2019, 02:10:21 AM
Twitter have already said they can't ban Trump because he's a world leaderhe makes them loads and loads of money

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: bgmnts on July 12, 2019, 12:55:44 AM

Druids were fucking bellends for this

Replies From View

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 12, 2019, 02:24:52 AM
Imagine if an american tech company allowed pol pot or gadaffi on back in the day. You didn't get this with aol or usenet.

No but they were monsters on yahoo messenger.

phantom_power

Quote from: Twed on July 12, 2019, 01:33:48 AM

It sort of suggests they are shitting themselves though, which is good

idunnosomename

the late Roman Republic

imitationleather

Rumpole of the Bailey.

PlanktonSideburns