Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:48:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Twitter is fucked

Started by Beagle 2, July 11, 2019, 08:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

Let's all pray it's permanently gone poopy plops.

Hope not. I really like it because I block anyone who says anything I don't want to see about various issues or whatever. I just want gaming laffs, shmup chat, China news and AestheticsJapan. It's great.

Gulftastic

It went down during TOTP, FFS!

madhair60

They're probably doing the big update.

imitationleather

madhair60

We can just do Twitter here if you miss it so much.

DrGreggles

Quote from: madhair60 on July 11, 2019, 08:23:15 PM
We can just do Twitter here if you miss it so much.

RACIST!

Yep, seems to work.

canadagoose

Thank fuck, I thought it was just me. Wonder what's wrong with it?

idunnosomename

Quote from: imitationleather on July 11, 2019, 08:22:37 PM
The world currently:

I thought of the Beethoven Pastoral Symphony sequence from Itchy & Scratchy & Marge actually

Ambient Sheep

Hah, it's ok, this is just the universe being mean to me after, for I think the first time ever, I made a post that linked to a Tweet.

I'm sure it'll be back soon.

the

Funnily enough, earlier I was fantasising about the operators of Twitter suddenly packing everything away and saying 'nah, can't be arsed anymore'.

If this is as a direct result, maybe I should resume fantasising about Pete Waterman going on a tour of the Shippams factory and being accidentally minced.

Gulftastic

Maybe Trump has used it to declare war with Russia, to try and prove he isn't Putin's puppet, and the 'deep state' have shut it down while they get a tranquiliser into the fucking idiot?

idunnosomename

How does a site this fuckin huge fuck it up so badly

Also in like a year will as many young people leave Twitter as they did Facebook, leaving it as another platform for dying boomers to shout at each other

Sebastian Cobb

It had a wobble the other day where all the retweet/reply buttons disappeared.

The fact the front end Web app is behaving but failing to load anything suggests a backend/infra issue.

JamesTC

Graham Linehan anxiously stares at a blank screen.

Cuellar

pancreas

Quote from: the on July 11, 2019, 08:32:45 PM
Funnily enough, earlier I was fantasising about the operators of Twitter suddenly packing everything away and saying 'nah, can't be arsed anymore'.

If this is as a direct result, maybe I should resume fantasising about Pete Waterman going on a tour of the Shippams factory and being accidentally minced.

I think if it turned out that you, of all people, had the Magic Finger, then we'd all be fucked. (Fingered.)

Noodle Lizard

I really was kind of hoping in vain it was gone for good.  I'm not alone, it seems.  If all social media were to disappear entirely overnight, how long do you reckon it'd take for us all to re-adapt?  Couple of weeks, I reckon.

touchingcloth

Twit 2

Twitter is a cesspool brimming with the mephitic effluent of human nature, where otherwise reasonable people gargle strains of pure shit into AIDS-broth. The entire enterprise is as tainted as a sex offender's skidmarked boiler suit. Any glimmers of worth are cinders in a volcano of broiling waste. It's Peter Bradshaw's sullen love child; it's Graham Linehan's sink after he's screamed at the plug hole; it's an irradiated marmoset pinging its way through a forest of pubes, before gouging its eyes out on a set of Argos twigs.

imitationleather

I've said it before, but sod the environment: It's Twitter that is actually going to cause the collapse of human civilisation.

Paul Calf

old_man_shouts_at_cloud.gif

touchingcloth

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 11, 2019, 11:18:33 PM
old_man_shouts_at_cloud.gif

I really fucking hate how twitter is full of gifs of that.

Sebastian Cobb

bgmnts

Twitter going really would be good for the world.

DrGreggles

Sebastian Cobb

Only the main feed that's proper fucked, hashtags and that work. Cached out the arse mate.

Jittlebags

It's almost 10 years (29 Jul 2009) since David Cameron made his only useful contribution to public life with his utterance that "The trouble with Twitter, the instantness of it – too many twits might make a twat."

DrGreggles

Quote from: Jittlebags on July 12, 2019, 10:36:17 AM
It's almost 10 years (29 Jul 2009) since David Cameron made his only useful contribution to public life with his utterance of "Look at that pig's mouth. You know what I'm gonna do... Mmm... TAKE THAT, PORKY!"

Yep, horrible man.